Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Britain outside the EU

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Britain outside the EU

Old 02-06-2021, 20:12   #1111
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Given how hard you rake through the news looking for Brexit stories, it seems beyond credulity that you didn’t already see this today:
Would I let you down on posting a Brexit news story? Of course not! I posted that story yesterday!
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=1076
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2021, 22:03   #1112
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Would I let you down on posting a Brexit news story? Of course not! I posted that story yesterday!
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=1076
Errr - no you didn’t. Try actually reading it. Tim Martin says yesterday’s Telegraph article misrepresented him. Do keep up.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:01   #1113
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Errr - no you didn’t. Try actually reading it. Tim Martin says yesterday’s Telegraph article misrepresented him. Do keep up.
You got me on that, my skim-reading skills need improving!

I'm slightly sceptical of Tim Martin's correction though. If you've got an issue with the original article, would the first port of call not be the publication you gave the interview too, the Daily Telegraph? They should have a recording of the interview.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:16   #1114
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Not really - if you’re as influential as Tim Martin, it’s easier and more effective to get rival publications to slag off whoever misquoted you, especially if some of those publications referenced the original article, because they have no primary evidence of the original interview and are more vulnerable to a defamation claim. The Telegraph isn’t going to print a retraction unless it has to, and by then the news cycle has moved on and nobody notices. The misquote story got fairly extensive broadcast coverage yesterday - arguably, more than the original story. Job done as far as Mr Spoons is concerned.

Defamation cases are long, expensive affairs. If you have sufficient influence, it is usually better to play the news media than to fight it.
Old 04-06-2021, 13:00   #1115
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Good news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57347874
Quote:
The UK has signed a post-Brexit trade deal with Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein, the government has announced.

The agreement will be a major boost for trade between the four non-EU nations, which is already worth £21.6bn, UK minister Liz Truss said.

She claimed it would boost sectors such as digital, and cut tariffs on UK farm products, such as cheese and meat.

Britain is Norway's main trading partner outside the EU.

The UK government said reduced import tariffs on shrimps, prawns and haddock would cut costs for UK fish processing, helping to support jobs in Scotland, East Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 14:34   #1116
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Good news though I thought the USA was the UK's main trading partner outside the EU.
Old 04-06-2021, 15:08   #1117
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Good news though I thought the USA was the UK's main trading partner outside the EU.
Probably main European trading partner outside the EU, as we know the EU isn’t Europe.
Old 04-06-2021, 15:13   #1118
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
You’re reading the sentence backwards. The UK is Norway’s main trading partner, not vice versa.
Old 04-06-2021, 15:14   #1119
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The article clearly states Britain is Norway’s biggest trading partner.

So any reference to yankland is irrelevant.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:45   #1120
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Our Friends in Europe

Paywall link: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...aign=DM1439226

Quote:
Exclusive: EU threatens sausage trade war
Writing below, Maros Sefcovic says EU will react "swiftly, resolutely" if UK unilaterally extends grace period in Northern Ireland Protocol
Quote:
Brussels will start a trade war with Britain if Boris Johnson overrides the Brexit treaty so that Northern Irish shops can keep selling British sausages, a vice-president of the European Commission has warned.
I expect the usual crap from the resident Remainers on this forum.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:02   #1121
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

I believe that Telegraph readers are clever enough to see through this framing for what it really is - breaking international law.
Quote:
Femi We break international law and you're framing that to your Telegraph readers as THE EU starting the trade war?! Do you think they're stupid? #SausageWars
https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/statu...55456286294018
Old 08-06-2021, 10:20   #1122
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I believe that Telegraph readers are clever enough to see through this framing for what it really is - breaking international law.

Quote:
I expect the usual crap from the resident Remainers on this forum.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:28   #1123
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

@FEMI = I have no relevance anymore whatsoever.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:36   #1124
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My wife pre-ordered a limited edition "Best of" CD from FNAC in France, international postage included.

The money was taken from Paypal on the day of release.

2 weeks later it had not arrived here, so I emailed FNAC.

Their response was an immediate refund and an apology stating that they no longer export to the UK due to the problems caused by Brexit.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:56   #1125
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
@FEMI = I have no relevance anymore whatsoever.
The idiot is on the Jeremy vine show ,championing stupidity and lost causes.