Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 17:44   #6196
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

I’m not contradictory for the sake of it.

I’m going to frame that one.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Just a heads up for anyone hoping to travel to the EU and, possibly USA, this summer.The Uk used 5,000,000 vaccinations of the AstraZenica vaccine produced in India. Unfortunately India did not apply for approval for their vaccinations to be used in the EU and anyone who had one of these jabs will not have their vaccination recognised when their paperwork is digitally checked.
It seems that this is just a temporary administrative glitch. It should be resolved shortly, apparently.
Old 02-07-2021, 18:07   #6197
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I didn’t say it wasn’t an issue. Just no evidence of “severe Illness”

But a few quotes again from your link. Which is an nothing more than an opinion piece really and focuses on the affects to a few children.

Nothing definitive there

3rd hand non-professional hearsay.

Thankfully the poor article does acknowledge which is reassuring as we continue.

As a self proclaimed “researcher” it’s a pretty piss poor article with which to counter the point that kids are unlikely to be subjected to severe illness, which you haven’t.
You keep posting that I’m a "researcher" - is that the same as a researcher? (Not sure what difference the quotes make…).

I have never said I’m a professional researcher (or a"professional researcher"), or have been employed as one - only time I’ve mentioned it was when I stated I was a researcher for my local MP over 30 years ago, but that was an evening/weekends thing, in addition to my day IT job.

I have said I was an Intelligence Analyst, so not sure what your point is/was, or was it just a cheap jibe?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 02-07-2021 at 18:14.
Old 02-07-2021, 19:41   #6198
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You keep posting that I’m a "researcher" - is that the same as a researcher? (Not sure what difference the quotes make…).
They’re there purely for ironic effect.

Quote:
I have never said I’m a professional researcher (or a"professional researcher"), or have been employed as one - only time I’ve mentioned it was when I stated I was a researcher for my local MP over 30 years ago, but that was an evening/weekends thing, in addition to my day IT job.
yes you have mentioned you were a researcher several times over several years on here, in what capacity I didn’t really take much notice of or care.

But earlier in this thread when I accused you being an “archivist”, continually trawling through this forum looking for “Gotcha” posts from months even years earlier where someone may have made a comment based on what they knew then, a very disingenuous pastime.

But you corrected me and advised with a wink that I should have used the term “researcher”, obviously that was how you saw yourself.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=5105

Believe me it has been patently obvious since that you are no researcher.

Quote:
I have said I was an Intelligence Analyst, so not sure what your point is/was, or was it just a cheap jibe?
Oh definitely a cheap jibe, every time.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:18   #6199
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ry-bosses-warn

Nice to know the pubs have the best interests of their customers and staff at heart. We want positive cases and close contacts of positive cases in work so we stay open.

Comedy gold. Businesses like these are beneath contempt - they deserve to die off and be replaced.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:32   #6200
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

They're as bad as the travel industry that wants to cram hundreds of people onto a plane to help their profits, ignoring the risks that brings.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:35   #6201
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
They're as bad as the travel industry that wants to cram hundreds of people onto a plane to help their profits, ignoring the risks that brings.
What, the risk of a holiday? It’s a risk I’ll take.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:36   #6202
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Fundamentally capitalism is why it can’t be left “down to judgment”. Unscrupulous individuals and employers will take the piss.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:36   #6203
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:

Nice to know the pubs have the best interests of their customers and staff at heart. We want positive cases and close contacts of positive cases in work so we stay open.

Comedy gold. Businesses like these are beneath contempt - they deserve to die off and be replaced.
No need for any of it. Masks off, no distancing, or what’s the point? Vaccines work or they don’t.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:36   #6204
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Let’s not be silly. We will have pretty well all adults double vaccinated by 19 July, so there is no need for the restrictions to be in place any longer.

You don’t have a single bit of empathy for the businesses facing imminent closure and people being thrown out of work if the restrictions continue, and you couldn’t care less about the economy going down the pan.

The new Health Minister has made it clear - Covid will be around for some time yet - maybe forever - and we are just going to have to learn to live with it.

And don’t forget, jfman - you stated quite categorically that you don’t argue for the sake of it. We shall see.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:37   #6205
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What, the risk of a holiday? It’s a risk I’ll take.
I can't believe you'd risk a case of the sniffles to go on holiday.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:39   #6206
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
That’s why we have the vaccinations, though. Have they ever done anything different to contain flu outbreaks?
Old 02-07-2021, 20:41   #6207
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
No need for any of it. Masks off, no distancing, or what’s the point? Vaccines work or they don’t.
The vaccine working or not isn’t binary - the question is the extent they work and how many people we vaccinate.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Let’s not be silly. We will have pretty well all adults double vaccinated by 19 July, so there is no need for the restrictions to be in place any longer.
This isn’t true. Even if it was - it’s still below the herd immunity threshold.

Quote:
You don’t have a single bit of empathy for the businesses facing imminent closure and people being thrown out of work if the restrictions continue, and you couldn’t care less about the economy going down the pan.
You are quite right I have absolutely no empathy for employers happy to risk the health of their staff and customers, who want to prolong the pandemic by driving up cases with reckless risk taking.

It’s an utterly indefensible position. No doubt you will try.

Quote:
The new Health Minister has made it clear - Covid will be around for some time yet - maybe forever - and we are just going to have to learn to live with it.

And don’t forget, jfman - you stated quite categorically that you don’t argue for the sake of it. We shall see.
I’m not sure arguing with blatantly ridiculous points is “for the sake of it”.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:44   #6208
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:

Where does it say they want people who test positive to remain at work?
Quote:

UKHospitality is calling for a “test and remain” system in which vaccinated staff who have not tested positive for Covid can carry on working even if they have come into contact with a person carrying the virus.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:45   #6209
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Fundamentally capitalism is why it can’t be left “down to judgment”. Unscrupulous individuals and employers will take the piss.
Nope. The reason we have the vaccine is to get the virus under control so we can all get back to normality without a heightened fear of acquiring infection which is extremely unpleasant and can kill you.

This country has it under control now but some of you cannot bring yourselves to take that step to freedom.

Anyhow, nobody is forcing you on that plane. No-one is pressuring you to come out of that cupboard under the stairs where you have been hiding and no-one is telling you that you mustn’t step outside the door unless you are piped up to an oxygen tank.

It’s your choice. Although if after 19 July anyone crosses the road to avoid me, I shall exercise my right to be offended.
Old 02-07-2021, 20:53   #6210
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Where does it say they want people who test positive to remain at work?
Quote:
He says the number of his staff being asked to self-isolate by the NHS app has tripled in past few weeks from about 20 to more than 60 with the vast majority of those not ill or testing positive for Covid.
The implication in this statement is for those “not ill” to be at work. In other words asymptomatic cases.

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Nope. The reason we have the vaccine is to get the virus under control so we can all get back to normality without a heightened fear of acquiring infection which is extremely unpleasant and can kill you.

This country has it under control now but some of you cannot bring yourselves to take that step to freedom.

Anyhow, nobody is forcing you on that plane. No-one is pressuring you to come out of that cupboard under the stairs where you have been hiding and no-one is telling you that you mustn’t step outside the door unless you are piped up to an oxygen tank.

It’s your choice. Although if after 19 July anyone crosses the road to avoid me, I shall exercise my right to be offended.
More absolute nonsense Old Boy.

Your callous disregard for health of employees in retail, hospitality and other customer facing sectors who have no choice but to work in this environment - who can’t just sit in retired with their 18 months of recordings on their Virgin set top box - is despicable.

You’ve been vaccinated twice but let’s get them out to work with no masks or distancing before they are.
Closed Thread