Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2021, 12:15   #5476
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I'm not sure why 100% resistance is being held up as the bar when the Government (and others) use the term vaccine escape to describe reduced efficacy.

As I said to Pierre his ludicrous binary approach would have a vaccine that works 10% of the time as "working". That said, given he considers Coronavirus "mild" and continues to wilfully downplay the pandemic, it's no real surprise that he extends his ignorance to vaccine escape.

However his blind optimism usually results in disappointment so I take some comfort from that.
You can’t help yourself can you?
Old 31-05-2021, 12:17   #5477
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
That doesn't take account of intervention.
I see, vaccination isn't intervention. Got it!
Old 31-05-2021, 12:19   #5478
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
She told me that the local hospitals are gearing up for in increase in hospitalisations for COVID patients.
Considering that this will now most likely be a seasonal illness, then we should expect an increase around from august onwards.

I would hope any and every hospital are always in a state of readiness.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:19   #5479
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I see, vaccination isn't intervention. Got it!
That's clearly not what I said.

Those models are projections that have assumptions in them.

Vaccination is intervention. Lockdown is intervention. Unless one of those lines matches exactly what happened (forecast vaccine rollout, vaccine efficacy, levels of restrictions) it's impossible to say that the modelling was wrong.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:22   #5480
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
End of the day I am glad it is not people like Pierre that makes the hard choices because if it was there would have been a lot more deaths and grieving families this last 15 months.
How do you know I’m not Matt Hancock?

Quote:
I personally do not think we are ready for back to normal and do not think we will be for a long long time but that does not mean we can not re open everything we just need to take care and we also need to be protected from those who refuse to face realities. Some form of social distancing and mask wearing needs to remain in my opinion ie antivaxxers deniers and selfish a holes can stay away from me
So we’ll just keep continually wearing masks for the thrill it gives us, and not base it on any evidence.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:24   #5481
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Easy.

He has advocated lockdown and restrictions.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:25   #5482
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Those models are projections that have assumptions in them.
That were clearly wrong

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Quote:
Easy.

He’s advocated lockdown and restrictions.
Only to the face of the public.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:28   #5483
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
That were clearly wrong
Grateful if you could point to the line that most closely matches our vaccine rollout, school closures and various levels of restrictions from January to date? (Oh, and also forecast a new variant).

Otherwise I’m happy to chalk this up as further baseless speculation on your part.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:32   #5484
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
And still continuing.
What is the source for your chart?
Old 31-05-2021, 12:38   #5485
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

So we’ll just keep continually wearing masks for the thrill it gives us, and not base it on any evidence.
a lot of people in the orient have worn masks due to the environment for years and years and they managed. What is wrong with taking precautions ?

Proverbs 22:3 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:48   #5486
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
a lot of people in the orient have worn masks due to the environment for years and years and they managed. What is wrong with taking precautions ?

Proverbs 22:3 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.
Unfortunately the simplistic analysis from some works on the basis that masks aren’t 100% effective therefore they are ineffective.

Just as well they don’t think of vaccines the same way.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:53   #5487
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
What is the source for your chart?
https://data.spectator.co.uk/
Old 31-05-2021, 13:06   #5488
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:

The actual report can be found here and it appears to contain whole a shed load of information to keep all those who enjoy nitpicking through any links posted.
https://assets.publishing.service.go...r_England_.pdf

However I decided I have better, and less brain numbing, things to do on such a lovely day than do more that speed read it.

Over to someone who enjoys ploughing through government articles.

Last edited by joglynne; 31-05-2021 at 13:08. Reason: Trying to make sense of my own post. :D
Old 31-05-2021, 13:45   #5489
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
(snip)
Those models are projections that have assumptions in them. (/snip)
Am I seeing things, or is this the first sign of admission that all the projections made by the many and varied 'experts' in the Covid scenarios are nothing more than educated guesses?

oh, and even I mentioned new variants 'arriving soon' about a week ago, they always seem to spring up nearing a lifting of restrictions
Old 31-05-2021, 13:46   #5490
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
The actual report can be found here and it appears to contain whole a shed load of information to keep all those who enjoy nitpicking through any links posted.
https://assets.publishing.service.go...r_England_.pdf

However I decided I have better, and less brain numbing, things to do on such a lovely day than do more that speed read it.

Over to someone who enjoys ploughing through government articles.
The problem with that government article is that it is undated - thus quite useless. Studies based on latest information are the only ones that provide potential value because outcomes are still unfolding.

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread