Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 09-09-2021, 09:39   #286
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post
My brother and I both live in Nottingham, my post code says 1Gig available, his says 500Mb only, why would this be? He lives around 2 miles away.
I'm in Arnold and under Mapperley Area 30 but despite registering my interest 2 years ago, I have not recieved the email to let me know that it's available.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:48   #287
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Well remembered. I did that as well and completely forgot about it. It will be interesting to see if I receive anything when it go lives or if they turned it off.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:09   #288
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The interest is only kept for 18 months

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/g...er-my-interest
Quote:
By registering, you agree that we'll contact you with updates on Gig1 Fibre Broadband. Don't worry, we won't keep your data longer than 18 months and you can read our Privacy Policy.
Old 09-09-2021, 19:30   #289
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Broken Hope has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I'm in Arnold and under Mapperley Area 30 but despite registering my interest 2 years ago, I have not recieved the email to let me know that it's available.
My brothers post code does now list 1 gig as available now so must have just taken a while to update the post codes on the checker.
Broken Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 19:42   #290
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The interest is only kept for 18 months
thanks
Old 09-09-2021, 21:35   #291
ldc2710
cf.member

Services: virgin vip package
ldc2710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ldc2710

everytime i check the site all i get is Please enter postcode and house no.
ldc2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 21:49   #292
General Maximus
Ran Away

yeah I do that, I have to choose the neighbour next door who I know isn't with VM so it doesn't ask me to sign in and when it sends me to the store I click on broadband and scroll down to the bottom for 1gbit and it says something like "sorry, gig1 isn't available in your area yet".
Old 10-09-2021, 10:09   #293
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

VM have an API that seems to give accurate results. Someone (who shall remain nameless unless they want to be named...) has made a checker for it that is feeding this dashboard I am using, not my address pictured just a random postcode from google:

I have this as my homepage (with my address on) to easily watch for roadworks etc in my area filtered by provider. The API that feeds the VM result seems accurate, a checker for it might get pushed to git later if people want it....

MOD EDIT - picture resized to fit screens better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cfbbmap.jpg (115.8 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by Hugh; 10-09-2021 at 13:29.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:31   #294
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
VM have an API that seems to give accurate results. Someone (who shall remain nameless unless they want to be named...) has made a checker for it that is feeding this dashboard I am using, not my address pictured just a random postcode from google:

I have this as my homepage (with my address on) to easily watch for roadworks etc in my area filtered by provider. The API that feeds the VM result seems accurate, a checker for it might get pushed to git later if people want it....
what website is this??

Last edited by Hugh; 10-09-2021 at 13:29.
crazyronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 13:07   #295
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
what website is this??
One I'm hosting myself, built by a friend, who hosts his own copy. Not quite happy to give out links at the moment mostly because it defaults to my home address, but probably will soon.

For the random address above, the VM API returns the following:

Like I say, no idea who lives here, but it lists FTTP vs HFC, it lists max BB speed, etc. It even tells you if telephony is DOCSIS only (VoIP) or TDM (has a normal telephone socket).

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

https://cableforum.rtho.me/

There you go, it's very beta and might break, especially if everyone overwhelms it. There will be some edge cases it doesn't parse as we haven't seen that status before (like Cityfibre at the default address there) I picked a random address in Bournemouth. Sorry if it's yours

Obviously, you might worry I'm collecting your addresses, I assure you I'm not, but if you are worried, don't use it.

Last edited by rtho782; 10-09-2021 at 12:40.
Old 10-09-2021, 22:05   #296
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

I can host this if you want, looks like a really useful tool
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:00   #297
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
I can host this if you want, looks like a really useful tool
That's not the issue, I've put it up here: https://cableforum.rtho.me/

It was just never really designed for public use and might not scale well.
Old 11-09-2021, 17:28   #298
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

That Better Internet Dashboard map thing doesn't like my Post Code. I put it in and it takes me to where i am but where it should say the speeds offered by Virgin and BT the circles just swirl around and around and nothing happens lol.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 17:43   #299
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
That Better Internet Dashboard map thing doesn't like my Post Code. I put it in and it takes me to where i am but where it should say the speeds offered by Virgin and BT the circles just swirl around and around and nothing happens lol.
It's not really very error tolerant yet. If you didn't put a space in, try with a space.
Old 11-09-2021, 18:29   #300
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

That site says 1 Gig is available here, just been on chat to VM and they say it’s not available yet but as I’m on M600 it will only cost me £1/month to upgrade when it is.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote