Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 23-06-2021, 19:40   #826
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

So despite this glorious streaming future in place you have a three month backlog of linear content to catch up on?

I’d be hitting the cancel button on all those subs for three months and save yourself a small fortune. Who knows by the end of month three you might have found a further 40 hours worth watching or so.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2021, 00:12   #827
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
So despite this glorious streaming future in place you have a three month backlog of linear content to catch up on?

I’d be hitting the cancel button on all those subs for three months and save yourself a small fortune. Who knows by the end of month three you might have found a further 40 hours worth watching or so.
Why are you having such difficulty separating the present from the future?

Quite extraordinary.
Old 24-06-2021, 00:15   #828
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Speaking of the present…

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1869617.html

Quote:
Netflix will reportedly be subject to regulation under UK broadcast watchdog Ofcom, with government plans set to be announced this week.

Along with other streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video and Disney Plus, Netflix currently falls outside Ofcom’s jurisdiction.

The prospective changes would see the regulator given the power to adjudicate on complaints over issues of rule relating to bias and inaccuracy.

It is hoped that the changes would provide a boost to the nation’s traditional broadcasters, such as the BBC.
And as Oliver Dowden recently said in the Times.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/o...flix-n3w26x5fz
Quote:
It’s a golden age for TV and I want to keep it that way. But to do that we need the healthiest broadcasting landscape: one that is diverse, free and pluralistic. One where streamers can keep churning out brilliant shows, while traditional public service broadcasters retain their place at the centre of the UK’s media ecosystem.
Looks as if PSB will be with us for quite a while…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 24-06-2021 at 00:21.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 01:34   #829
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Quite extraordinary.
The next 3 months is the future!

Happy viewing.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 15:01   #830
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Quite extraordinary.
With compression improvements and a larger HDD, the V6 /360 can record around 24 times as much as a V+, yet you still manage to fill it. Just imagine how much you'll be recording by 2035
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:04   #831
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

I've got my new remotes being delivered today, how difficult is the upgrade of the V6 box to 360 ?
Old 06-07-2021, 11:12   #832
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I've got my new remotes being delivered today, how difficult is the upgrade of the V6 box to 360 ?
Mine took about 15 mins just make a note of any series links / recordings as it wipes the lot
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:15   #833
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
Mine took about 15 mins just make a note of any series links / recordings as it wipes the lot
TBH the V6 boxes have got 5 years of series links that I've never bothered to housekeep, recordings same thing
Old 06-07-2021, 12:51   #834
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Should be easy. Make sure both boxes are turned on, then run the conversion app on either one of the boxes (using the old V6 remote). It will tell you when to switch to using the new remote. The second box should then convert itself automatically.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 14:11   #835
mrmistoffelees

Yep, really easy upgrade process, pleasantly surprised at how smooth it was
Old 08-07-2021, 21:08   #836
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

What's Virgin Media's plan for these new boxes, are they wanting everyone changed over to them? I haven't even been offered Horizon, my V6 boxes do a good enough job.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 18:12   #837
thelem
cf.addict

Services: Portsmouth: ntl Family, 2Mbps and Talk Unlimited Bristol: Telewest Supreme, 4Mbps and Talk Unlimite
thelem is on a distinguished roadthelem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thelem Send a message via AIM to thelem Send a message via Yahoo to thelem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
What's Virgin Media's plan for these new boxes, are they wanting everyone changed over to them?
Eventually, yes, because they won't want to pay for the maintenance of two systems. A lot of that will happen through normal churn as customers leave and new customers are given a 360/Horizon box. If a box fails I imagine it will be replaced with a 360 box too, unless there are other V6s in the home and the customer doesn't want to lose their recordings.

At some point they'll start to forcibly move customers onto the new platform so they can turn off the old one, but there are no indications that will be any time soon. They still have "Tivo" boxes (pre-V6), and it's not that long ago that they got rid of the final ntl/Telewest era boxes.

Ask again in a few years.

Last edited by thelem; 09-07-2021 at 18:12. Reason: Excess spacing
thelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 15:21   #838
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I've had the 360 software for a few months now, I'm pleased with it and have not had many issues to note.
I do miss being able to choose a tuner and rewind, although I've found the 'restart' option has filled in for most things I watch.

How is everybody else finding the 360?
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 21:15   #839
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I've had the 360 software for a few months now, I'm pleased with it and have not had many issues to note.
I do miss being able to choose a tuner and rewind, although I've found the 'restart' option has filled in for most things I watch.

How is everybody else finding the 360?
It’s good. My wife and I have our own watchlists, and there is a separate wish list for both of us. Bookmarks are much easier to set. I find it strange that we can separate the wish lists in this way, but we can’t do that with the recordings.

We still haven’t got All4, which is annoying. And of course you cannot add Netflix content to the watchlist (due to current Netflix policy).

One thing that I find lacking in respect of the system is the ability to set a manual recording. That would be useful. At present, if we want to set the recorder for the regional news after News At 10, we have to set each programme separately, otherwise all three bulletins each day get recorded.

Overall, I am happy that I made the change.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:12   #840
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

I have 3 tivo boxes so i assume we're still unable to move to horizon software without an engineer coming?

What else is still missing from the apps other than All4?

Last time i checked people told me to just keep with my current V6 boxes so i'm wondering if this advice has changed!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote