Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dlink DIR-615 Firmware Update D2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dlink DIR-615 Firmware Update D2
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 20:08   #1
woolly
Inactive

woolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Dlink DIR-615 Firmware Update D2

I am looking to update the firmware on this router the hardware version is D2 and the firmware 1.0VM.

The links on the D-link site only refer to HW versions B2 and D1.

The issue I have is the port forward just on post 80 to simple web server is very slow.... So I thought I had better start with checking the firmware version.

Help?
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2009, 20:13   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Dlink DIR-615 Firmware Update D2

The one I have heard works best is
firmware version 4.11 rev D
Old 04-11-2009, 02:14   #3
Feenix
Inactive

Services: mushroom mushroom
Feenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to all

Does that work with the VM issued DLinks? H/W: D2, F/W: 1.0VG?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:27   #4
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

It should, the VM issued ones have D-Link firmware, no VM firmware at all
Old 04-11-2009, 02:32   #5
Feenix
Inactive

Feenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to allFeenix is a name known to all

Just tried flashing with DIR615_v4.11_B02.bin and no brick! So give it a go*

*Disclaimer: If it breaks it is your own fault. Not mine nor any one else. Just Yours.

I hope this will fix the random: no ip address issue.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:31   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
Just tried flashing with DIR615_v4.11_B02.bin and no brick! So give it a go*

*Disclaimer: If it breaks it is your own fault. Not mine nor any one else. Just Yours.

I hope this will fix the random: no ip address issue.
Did it improve the performance at all.
Old 14-11-2009, 00:29   #7
Feenix
Inactive

Nothing noticeable, I was hitting 20Mbps before, and still hitting 20Mbps.
Still getting the random - no IP address issue, which I hoped to cure.
Old 21-01-2010, 13:44   #8
evo3276
Inactive

evo3276 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have recently just upgraded to the 20MB broadband have been given a DIR-615 router. Not sure what has happened but when I try and log into the router it takes me to the "emergency room" to update firmware. from looking at this discussion I have tried the recomended upgrade but this has had no effect it still takes me to the "emergency room". Can anybody advise on how to reslove this issue please as i am out of ideas. A few things I have tried are telnet, web browse and using the CD.
Old 21-01-2010, 15:20   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo3276 View Post
I have recently just upgraded to the 20MB broadband have been given a DIR-615 router. Not sure what has happened but when I try and log into the router it takes me to the "emergency room" to update firmware. from looking at this discussion I have tried the recomended upgrade but this has had no effect it still takes me to the "emergency room". Can anybody advise on how to reslove this issue please as i am out of ideas. A few things I have tried are telnet, web browse and using the CD.
Do not use the CD just follow the instructions in this LINK
Old 22-01-2010, 12:51   #10
liverpoolatnight
Inactive

Services: Xbox 360 With LIVE, Nokia N97, Linksys WRT54G2
liverpoolatnight is on a distinguished roadliverpoolatnight is on a distinguished road

You can flash theses into a 3rd party firmware called DD-WRT

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34949955-post2.html
Old 22-01-2010, 13:41   #11
zing_deleted

step by step destructions and links to files please lol to much to read over on DD WRT

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Ok I can confirm DD WRT will go on this router

First of all you need to register here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/

once registered activate your account and log in

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtop...r=asc&start=15 3rd post down on page 2 is the bin file

Use at own risk all I know is it loaded to router

Old 10-02-2010, 15:45   #12
tweedie
Inactive

tweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about them

i just keep getting not a vilid firmware image. Whats the crack with that?
Old 21-02-2010, 04:42   #13
s77007
Inactive

s77007 is on a distinguished roads77007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
i just keep getting not a vilid firmware image. Whats the crack with that?
hi have posted instructions just today :

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtop...=410614#410614

have a look if that can help you. you have to login to get access to attachments!
Old 21-02-2010, 08:11   #14
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by s77007 View Post
hi have posted instructions just today :

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtop...=410614#410614

have a look if that can help you. you have to login to get access to attachments!
Excellent info :Tu:

**********Edit*********

I have this installed now and working. There is a world of difference between this software and the Dlink software. This dd-wrt works very well.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 17-04-2010, 15:49   #15
1 time only
Inactive

1 time only can only hope to improve

Afternoon all

I just tried S77007 files and I managed to get the first file flashed to my router but as from "Change your ip address to 192.168.1.5 or 192.168.1.xxx" I'm completely stuck

If I change my ip to anything other than what the pc want's to give me automatically I have no access to anything.

If I leave it on automatically assign ip then I have internet access but I can no longer get into my router. By that I mean that I just get just an expired page reading or redirected to a search engine explaining that 192.168.0.1 is usually a router address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated peeps
Closed Thread