Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 15-08-2021, 14:14   #196
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

ive just had my contract through and its cheaper than they quoted.........

1Gig and Phone will all calls inc starting in September for £55 a month.

£5 a month cheaper than what im paying now and £14 a month cheaper than they quoted.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2021, 17:33   #197
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Sweet, I am paying £62 for that but on 500mbits.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 21:40   #198
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Only tomorrow to go now and then Take delivery of new hub Tuesday between 8am-6pm from Yodel.
Old 16-08-2021, 08:00   #199
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Take delivery of new hub from Yodel.
you mean you'll be fetching out of a bush down the street?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 08:14   #200
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
ive just had my contract through and its cheaper than they quoted.........

1Gig and Phone will all calls inc starting in September for £55 a month.

£5 a month cheaper than what im paying now and £14 a month cheaper than they quoted.
I've not seen any deals on Gig1, did you get this by phoning them?
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 11:42   #201
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Extra £19/m if i wanted to go from 500, no thanks!
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 00:40   #202
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Well i was supposed to have gotten the hub yesterday but the parcel seems to have vanished between leaving VM and getting to Yodel, both are blaming each other at the moment which doesn't help me.
Old 18-08-2021, 03:20   #203
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Well i was supposed to have gotten the hub yesterday but the parcel seems to have vanished between leaving VM and getting to Yodel, both are blaming each other at the moment which doesn't help me.
Have you checked the garage roof 3 doors down?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 13:03   #204
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Just been on to Virgin Media about the superhub 4 upgrade they not giving it away free you need a pay a activation fee of £35 after a bit of bargaining she reduced to £17.50 but was too much anyway so I declined the offer
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 13:40   #205
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
Just been on to Virgin Media about the superhub 4 upgrade they not giving it away free you need a pay a activation fee of £35 after a bit of bargaining she reduced to £17.50 but was too much anyway so I declined the offer
Currently there are two ways to get a Hub 4.
  1. You upgrade to Gig1. That will come with setup fees as does any change that includes new kit
  2. You will be sent an invite for a Hub 4 to help with network management in an area. That change is free of charge.
Old 18-08-2021, 16:20   #206
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Does anyone know where i can do a speedtest that will show me true speed of my connection as i cant get one to show above 830mb but i know im getting full speed as the download speed is what it should be....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dl1.jpg (65.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 18-08-2021, 16:53   #207
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Does anyone know where i can do a speedtest that will show me true speed of my connection as i cant get one to show above 830mb but i know im getting full speed as the download speed is what it should be....
Have you tried https://fast.com ?

May be limited by the CPU at those speeds though!
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 16:56   #208
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If your Hub 4 is in router mode then www.samknows.com/realspeed will show the speed to the Hub and then separately to the device you've triggered the test on.
Old 18-08-2021, 17:02   #209
alanbjames
R.I.P.

it seems im only getting around 880mb wherever its as if my ethernet adapter is limited to 1GB and its a realtek 2.5GB and my router has a 2.5GB ethernet port.
Old 18-08-2021, 17:03   #210
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

The ports on the Hub 4 are Gigabit only. 2.5Gb ports weren't available on ISP kit when the Hub 4 was designed.