Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 11-07-2021, 22:07   #856
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Please could someone confirm whether the above list is still current, and All4, Pluto TV and MTV Play are not yet available on the 360?

If the missing apps were added, along with the addition of Disney+ and Discovery+, that would get me to switch over, now that the Series Link issue appears to be fixed.
Still current. Still no All4, Pluto or MTV Play.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2021, 23:08   #857
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Hang on, OB has upgraded go 360 and accumulated 18 months worth of recordings despite there being nothing on linear television?

That takes some doing when 360 has only been around for 20 minutes.
What are you on about? In post #826, you detected I had three months’ worth of recordings. When did that become 18 months?
Old 12-07-2021, 08:07   #858
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I don't remember them being that slow...
I do. In speed terms, the V6 was a huge improvement and the 360 is an improvement on that.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 14:36   #859
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What are you on about? In post #826, you detected I had three months’ worth of recordings. When did that become 18 months?
Maybe post #810, when you said
Quote:
I watch everything within about an 18 month period
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 14:39   #860
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Maybe post #810, when you said
Yes, I do, but I never said I had 18 months’ worth of stuff on my 360, which I acquired only this year.
Old 12-07-2021, 14:42   #861
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes, I do, but I never said I had 18 months’ worth of stuff on my 360, which I acquired only this year.
Apologies - your use of the present tense, rather than past, led me to the incorrect assumption.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 14:45   #862
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Please could someone confirm whether the above list is still current, and All4, Pluto TV and MTV Play are not yet available on the 360?

If the missing apps were added, along with the addition of Disney+ and Discovery+, that would get me to switch over, now that the Series Link issue appears to be fixed.
Yes, it’s still correct. While we don’t have the separate Pluto app, we do have the following channels on My5:

Pluto Drama
Pluto Food
Pluto Movies
Pluto Paranormal
Pluto Retro
Old 12-07-2021, 14:48   #863
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Easy mistake for us to make.

It certainly sounds like there’s a lot more going on in linear television than you frequently let on.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 19:47   #864
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Apologies - your use of the present tense, rather than past, led me to the incorrect assumption.
It's the general rule that I watch just about everything I'm going to watch within 18 months of recording, but I lost a chunk of recordings when I switched to the 360.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Easy mistake for us to make.

It certainly sounds like there’s a lot more going on in linear television than you frequently let on.
A few years ago I was struggling to watch everything on my recordings, but over the last couple or three years, the reduction in quantity has been noticeable.

A sizeable proportion of my recordings is now for my wife - reality stuff, which has not diminished, unfortunately. The majority of mine is on my on demand watchlists.
Old 13-07-2021, 02:47   #865
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
My friend has an original TiVo, we watched England play on Saturday, it took almost 9 seconds to change channel when he typed 108 in. I don't remember them being that slow...

I liked the V6 for the TiVo software, which I still have a soft spot for and the speed of the V6.
I'm really pleased with the 360, the speed and I find myself using the voice command more than ever.
And that HD is by default.

I haven't missed the All4 app, but I believe it's not on a few TV's and devices. MTV, I record but would prefer the MTV Play app.

I do like how, you press play on a recording ,it plays at the channel ident, even though I have the recording set at 1 minute before and 3 mins after.
Also I like how you press back 10 seconds, on live TV or OnDemand works the same.

Like I said, I have a soft spot for TiVo, but I'm not missing it.
Is the only thing now missing from the tv 360 the All 4 app? I wonder what the timescale is for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Correct
Cheers spider
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 14:01   #866
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Is the only thing now missing from the tv 360 the All 4 app?
Other apps on V6 but not 360 (based on a quick scan - apologies for any errors or omissions):
YouTube Kids
Pluto TV (but see OB's post above)
MTV Play
Get Fit Today
Body In Balance
Eros Now
Voot
Games
Slots

And these apps are on 360 but aren't on V6:
Wall Street Journal
Deutsche Welle
CNN
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 18:50   #867
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

My 360s were indicating I had an update today, but no new streamers appeared! Just some better functionality, it seems.
Old 15-07-2021, 17:26   #868
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
My 360s were indicating I had an update today, but no new streamers appeared! Just some better functionality, it seems.
https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue Found this interesting bit of info on the Dutch version of the 360 software update. I can confirm you can search Youtube via the voice control. Appears to be the only significant difference apart from mainly bug fixes. You may need to use Google Translate to read the site. Scroll down to MediaBox Next > Knowing More > then down again to View Latest Updates.

Last edited by fox35; 15-07-2021 at 17:29.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2021, 20:12   #869
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Can you use QuickTime or something similarly named on the 360?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2021, 20:16   #870
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Can you use QuickTime or something similarly named on the 360?
No.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote