Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 01-12-2020, 15:27   #256
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l await your review.
Well it didn't take 30 minutes. Took about ten at most. It looks quite slick and is responsive. I'm convinced my box is noisier though. It doesn't allow an 'always on' eco function but the longest period is 24 hours which I suppose is essentially the same thing.

Will have a closer look later.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2020, 15:29   #257
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Remote control has arrived! Upgrade should take 30 mins apparently.
getting mine later between 7:30 and 9:30
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 15:48   #258
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Yep my parents received the remotes today. And it only took about 10 mins to upgrade. They are no experts so I doubt I'll get very much meaningful feedback from them haha!
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 18:29   #259
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I'm convinced my box is noisier though.
Can you tell whether it's fan or HDD noise?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 18:50   #260
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Can you tell whether it's fan or HDD noise?
I switched it off at the mains and back on which appears to have done the trick. It sounded more like the fan than HDD to me.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 22:17   #261
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

all setup here all fine update took about 10 minutes
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 22:18   #262
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Got my remotes for 2 V6 boxes today. Updated in about 10 minutes. Generally I like it, tbh I make very few recordings unlike my missus who records huge amounts, so losing them hasn’t impacted on me.

Definitely much faster, all of the sports channels entered into my profile, job done.

One strange thing I have just noticed, the indicator light on our second box is showing light blue/white as it did before but the light on our main box is off completely?

Last edited by iadom; 01-12-2020 at 22:52.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:33   #263
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Do they both have the same ECO setting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
One strange thing I have just noticed, the indicator light on our second box is showing light blue/white as it did before but the light on our main box is off completely?
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:52   #264
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The lights on my 2 boxes are white, whilst turned on as before, but a dimmed almost dark blue in Active standby. Is that normal?
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:17   #265
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I took up the offer to upgrade my two V6 boxes to TV 360 a week ago shortly after I received the email from Virgin Media. I confirmed I was the account holder and clicked the upgrade button and was taken through to a page that stated that I would receive a confirmation and that new remote controls for my boxes would be sent to me and to allow seven days for everything to be put in place by Virgin Media.

Since then... nothing, no confirmation email and no new remotes. I checked my orders on My Virgin Media but there is nothing listed there. Is this normal or has something gone awry?
All's well that ends well. This morning I finally got my confirmation email and my new remotes are due to arrive this Saturday.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:25   #266
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
The lights on my 2 boxes are white, whilst turned on as before, but a dimmed almost dark blue in Active standby. Is that normal?
Yes that's normal for the higher standby option.

I think the light goes off completely when it's in the deep 'Eco start' option and does that after the standby timer, but I'll need to remind myself if that's true or not.

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

The help content for the 360 box is now available on the Virgin website

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360
Old 02-12-2020, 11:08   #267
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
They used to have the same eco settings and the light turned red when in sleep mode. Last night the light on one box was off completely even though the box was fully functional.
I decided to see what they were like this morning, one box now with blue light, the other still off completely.

I did a hard reboot of this box, yellow light came on, got the welcome screen, then please wait screen then the light turned blue and screen went blank. Pressed the power button on the remote and box came on fully and light turned white. Unlike the TiVo box it seems to have rebooted into standby. Pressing the power button turned box off and light went blue.

Will check the eco settings of both later.
Old 02-12-2020, 13:32   #268
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Weird, both boxes have the same eco settings, 'Active On'.

They are now both fully on and working fine, good picture etc. but the light has once again gone off on one box whilst it has stayed on white on the other???

Switching the first box On/Off with the remote has no effect on the light, it is now permanently off even though the box is working perfectly.
Old 02-12-2020, 14:37   #269
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

[/COLOR]The help content for the 360 box is now available on the Virgin website

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360
Spotted some glaring errors on the first page I looked at.

The On/Off switch is the only one they have managed to get correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back of TV box.jpg (78.6 KB, 59 views)
Old 02-12-2020, 15:03   #270
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Spotted some glaring errors on the first page I looked at.

The On/Off switch is the only one they have managed to get correct.
Ah yes see what you mean!

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box#tab1
Attached Images
File Type: png 360.PNG (95.0 KB, 29 views)