Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin router setups

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Belkin router setups

Old 16-05-2008, 21:40   #16
Cabling
Inactive

Cabling is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Belkin router setup's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Can i just add something here had problems since install with my netgear router bought a belkin F5D7230-4

I'm well aware reading through some of the posts on this and other boards with regards to its performance however I have found that there is an option which can block the ICMP ping at the WAN side of the router. If this is left UNTICKED it will drastically improve the speed of the connection.

Sorry if this is old news but thought I would add it all the same !
Thanks for sharing good info
Cabling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2008, 23:58   #17
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Page not working.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 22:50   #18
Dytac
Inactive

Dytac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Just have a quick question I have a friend how is trying to add another computer to his belkin g router, any ideas, I would imagine that he has to log the second desktop so that the router can see it. Cheers
Dytac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 21:49   #19
malcy101
Inactive

malcy101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Belkin router setups

Hi I have a belkin modem/router F5D8632UK4A.

I have set it up to virgin media and it works find when I use the direct cable to the computer. The trouble is that the comp is having to move and I want it to go wireless. I have tried to set it up for wireless by installing a belkin usb adapter and unplugging the direct cable to the computer. It works fine for a few minutes and then nothing. Signal is ok just no transmission of data.

When I switch I disable the local area connection in the network connection tab on the control panel.

Also the belkin wireless networking utility that is installed with the usb adapter doesn't seem to do anything except show ! between the computer and router and another ! between the router and internet.

please can anyone help
malcy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 23:10   #20
HappyCamper
Inactive

Services: BB XL TV & Phone
HappyCamper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees
" I have found that there is an option which can block the ICMP ping at the WAN side of the router. If this is left UNTICKED it will drastically improve the speed of the connection."

But are there any security risks in alowing ICMP Pings??
HappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:00   #21
malcy101
Inactive

malcy101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice but I have given up. Spent £15 on a Edimax USB adapter and it works perfectly with the Belkin N1 took 2 mins to set up. So much for the £40 belkin USB adapter my be handy for the car boot sale
malcy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 06:37   #22
adouza
Inactive

adouza is an unknown quantity at this point

Check for this article, I hope this article helps people to Setup & Troubleshoot Belkin wireless Router
adouza is offline   Reply With Quote