Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dlink DIR-615 Firmware Update D2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Dlink DIR-615 Firmware Update D2
Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2010, 20:50   #31
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
Re: Dlink DIR-615 Firmware Update D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemelvirgin View Post
hi,

sorry what is WRT ?
I meant dd-wrt the thread about the firmware is here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87...to-dd-wrt.html no idea if it improves wireless or not but thats what Im using and like I said it works fine right down at the end of the garden
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2010, 18:57   #32
hemelvirgin
Inactive

Services: tivo & V+HD stb's. BB XL 60 MB ,Tv M+ & VM phone unlimited & VM blackberry contract
hemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

thanks read the link.

I take it it's all unofficial so no help from VM if it all goes wrong.

No chance of VM updating f/ware D2 in the future ?
Old 27-05-2010, 00:43   #33
mjpartyboy
Inactive

mjpartyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Build 14573 is out:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/o...ink-dir615d%2F

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSla...dlink-dir615d/

I haven't tried it yet and don't know what's different to the recommended build 14311.
Old 27-05-2010, 08:13   #34
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

yeah the guy really needs to document what he is doing.

14311 just hung on me, I started a download and within 2 minutes it stopped routing all net traffic. Rebooted the router and works again. Just a simple single stream ftp download, nothing that should stress the router (not torrents).

Now I can verify the startup command I put in also doesnt do its job, I got the red light after the reboot as well.

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

Ok I have upgraded and hope now this wont hang, if not netgear time.

The red light bug is still there along with the yellow first LED, the red light doesnt come on at boot time tho, it comes on when the wan is connected which would be by coincidence on boot, as I initially thought it was fixed but after I activated the wan the red light came on.

The command to fix the LED's is.

gpio disable 9; gpio enable 8; gpio disable 12; gpio enable 14 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 13 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 11"
Old 27-05-2010, 13:29   #35
mjpartyboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpartyboy View Post
Build 14573 is out:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/o...ink-dir615d%2F

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSla...dlink-dir615d/

I haven't tried it yet and don't know what's different to the recommended build 14311.
It looks like BrainSlayer has mislabelled the directory and the 25 May 2010 build is in fact 14473.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72783

I haven't upgraded to it yet to be able to confirm this via the router's admin pages though.
Old 27-05-2010, 14:50   #36
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

can a kind mod please edit my last post. I missed a "

command should be.

"gpio disable 9; gpio enable 8; gpio disable 12; gpio enable 14 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 13 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 11"
Old 07-06-2010, 11:16   #37
mjpartyboy
Inactive

DD-WRT Update

The folder for build 14473 is now correctly named and 14537 has been released.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/o...-V24-preSP2%2F
Old 08-06-2010, 22:11   #38
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

I notice since updating to the latest firmware, websites load MUCH faster than they used to

I was used to a 2-3 second delay before a website would load, including this one, but now it's almost instant.
Old 08-06-2010, 23:33   #39
mjpartyboy
Inactive

I'm having the opposite problem and have to click links more than once before they work. This used to happen for me with the builds before 14311, so I will probably revert to this recommended build.
Old 22-06-2010, 21:13   #40
KBHammer
Inactive

Services: VIP 50
KBHammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Dlink DIR-615 Firmware Update D2

Have upgraded my DIR-615 to build 14594, and run it for the last 48 hours, no problems experienced either via LAN or wireless. All lights showing the correct colours. Wireless N throughput is better in my views than some earlier builds. And no having to click on links more than once, although I've never suffered from that.
Old 22-06-2010, 23:17   #41
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Instead of three threads about this, lets just use the this one.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87...to-dd-wrt.html

Baby, I was born this way.
Closed Thread