Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | internet on wii

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

internet on wii

Old 03-01-2010, 01:06   #1
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
internet on wii

Apologies to mods if this in the wrong place.

I'm a newbie to the wii but as my 2 angels received one from Santa I'm wanting to make the most of it...

I'm quite impressed so far, the girls like the games they've got... (although I'll need to look into backing up because High School Musical dance was already lost for a couple of days and was found after a toy chest was rolled over the top of it. ..the darlings )

However, what I was wondering was if any of you know how to get the internet on the wii... either not using Opera, or using a version of Opera that recognises the latest versions of flash. I've had a quick google but didn't find anything.

My 2 Princesses were well impressed that they could get the internet in the playroom and I was lucky enough to choose Nick junior's website to demonstrate it.

Dad lost much kudos points when we surfed to buildabear.com though. His credibility as sumbday ho fixes komputters went out the window when cbeebies site would not work.

Suggestions or solutions that won't result in a bricked wii much appreciated.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25   #2
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: internet on wii

Make sure you allow the upgrade (takes ages) following which the light on the Wii should be yellow when off rather than red. Also try using a USB Keyboard (wireless is fine) as this make a HUGE difference to the usability of Wii internet.

Think you are stuck with Opera as it is part of the Wii internet interface.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:14   #3
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Thanks. It's downloaded and installed the latest update on it (4.2 e). My off light is still red though.

I've heard that download can take a while but I've been lucky so far. Even BBC iplayer was rapid and the interface is far quicker than via VM.

The problem seems to be that it only recognises up to flash 7. I haven't tried a keyboard with it. My intention was to have the kids favourite sites saved for them just to click on.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18   #4
zing_deleted

you can softmod the wii install Homebrew channel and then you can source channels such as the Internet channel etc as a wad file meaning you can download it faster to the PC bung it on an SD card install through wad manager in homebrew channel
Old 03-01-2010, 15:34   #5
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
you can softmod the wii install Homebrew channel and then you can source channels such as the Internet channel etc as a wad file meaning you can download it faster to the PC bung it on an SD card install through wad manager in homebrew channel
Would that be the same version of the internet channel though? I didn't have a problem downloading anything so far. The problem is with using the internet channel on sites that have later versions of flash.

I've managed to install the homebrew channel this afternoon but it doesn't seem to like installing wad manager. I'll try again later, maybe using another SD card.

Come to think of I think I read somewhere that you're better to use SD rather than micro SD in an adaptor that I'm using. Have you had any such issues?
Old 03-01-2010, 17:46   #6
zing_deleted

No I use micro sd in an adapter.

did you back up your nand and install preloader also or did you just install Homebrew?
Old 03-01-2010, 19:10   #7
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
No I use micro sd in an adapter.

did you back up your nand and install preloader also or did you just install Homebrew?
Yes installed bootmii and backed up nand. Is bootmii the preloader
Installed homebrew and a homebrew browser and downloaded a few hb apps.

I intend to try getting the usb loader working and backup the disks they've got onto an old HD.
Old 03-01-2010, 19:43   #8
zing_deleted

thats easy matey
Old 03-01-2010, 22:50   #9
LondonRoad
Inactive

You're right Zing. Twas easier than I thought.