Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Britain outside the EU

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Britain outside the EU
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2021, 16:19   #3151
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,399
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

I'm not disputing they do that, but all countries dealing with refugees and asylum claims will have the same problem.

It's not unique to those coming to the UK.
__________________
I work for Virgin Media but all views are my own.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2021, 16:27   #3152
Jaymoss
Just a Geek
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,104
Jaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of society
Re: Britain outside the EU

They come here because they get access to our welfare state.

Simple solution to slow it all down is to give them nothing. Do not house them do not feed them and do not give them money. The French are more than happy to let them try and get across to us. Not their problem any more is it? Turn them back or pick them up and dump them back on the French beaches and stop taking crap from them

This tragedy ultimately imo is the Frech Governments and their policy of turning a blind eyes fault

Most of you here are far too liberal and likely hate Farage but he has been posting videos and reports proving the French complicity in all this for months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEW-nd2OsAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhosPZ5nXSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyuSrwWl9iY

Evidence showing the French escorting them into British waters. Irrefutable

Last edited by Jaymoss; 25-11-2021 at 16:35.
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 16:34   #3153
Sephiroth
Simples
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RG41
Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U. BT Infinity2; Tivo; V6; XL Phone; Devolo 1200AV
Posts: 9,718
Sephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm not disputing they do that, but all countries dealing with refugees and asylum claims will have the same problem.

It's not unique to those coming to the UK.
I never said it was unique to the UK. But this discussion is about the UK and this sub-discussion is the illegal immigration by people who destroy their documents so that they cannot be deported.

This has to be stopped. The EU and UK need to do something drastic before they come in their multi-millions and change, eventually, our culture and society.

Geopolitics (Russia, Belarus, Turkey) are the buggeration factors here and, frankly, it's not going to be stopped without deep and purposeful cooperation between the EU and the UK. Greece, Malta and Italy have coastal weaknesses like the UK has. So even if land border walls are built, Greece, Malta and Italy will need enforcement support from all parties seeking to avoid this immigration.


---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
They come here because they get access to our welfare state.

Simple solution to slow it all down is to give them nothing. Do not house them do not feed them and do not give them money. The French are more than happy to let them try and get across to us. Not their problem any more is it? Turn them back or pick them up and dump them back on the French beaches and stop taking crap from them

This tragedy ultimately imo is the Fremch Governments and their policy of turning a blind eyes fault
... if only. We can't leave them to fend for themselves like the French do; crime and violence will result. The problem is currently intractable because the EU and UK can't meaningfully engage on this.

Macron says it's our fault because of the 'pull factor'; Patel says it's the EU's fault because they can't control their borders.


---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
<SNIP>

Most of you here are far too liberal and likely hate Farage but he has been posting videos and reports proving the French complicity in all this for months
Farage is a great man (I would only vote for him if stood for the Conservatives).
__________________
Seph.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 16:40   #3154
ianch99
cf.mega poster
 
ianch99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,174
ianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appeal
ianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appealianch99 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Britain outside the EU

This whole illegal migrants in boats "crisis" is pure deflection and is designed to pander to the prejudices of the xenophobic, Brexit voting minority and so remove the focus from the far more important problems we face at the moment. We, as a country, take fewer asylum seekers per capita than our European neighbours so have little grounds to complain.

In fact, the deflection also stosp people asking why after 11 years in power, we see:

Record migrants cross Channel but numbers are dwarfed by unauthorised people in UK

Quote:
Sky News has analysed figures on irregular migrants and found those who overstay their visas make up the highest proportion - many more than people arriving on boats.
This all reminds me of this meme:

__________________
pfsense + BT Whole Home WiFi
ianch99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 16:43   #3155
Jaymoss
Just a Geek
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,104
Jaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of society
Re: Britain outside the EU

It is outrageous that the French are allowing this to happen. It is also outrageous that the British Press is not all over this. I would not expect the BBC to but other independent news outlets should be damning the French. The World shoudl be damning the French. They are breaking international law yet our Governement has always been to weak to do anything about it

Yes we need a strong leader that takes no crap. We have not seen one since Thatcher ( although I do not and never did support what she did but she took no crap ) and yes Farage would be that kind of leader

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
This whole illegal migrants in boats "crisis" is pure deflection and is designed to pander to the prejudices of the xenophobic, Brexit voting minority and so remove the focus from the far more important problems we face at the moment. We, as a country, take fewer asylum seekers per capita than our European neighbours so have little grounds to complain.

In fact, the deflection also stosp people asking why after 11 years in power, we see:



sorry but all that has come out of a male cows backend

Brexit won so majority mate.....

And please do not be fooled by this Asylum seeker BS
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 16:55   #3156
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10,790
1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array
1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
They come here because they get access to our welfare state.
Do you have a source for this?
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:00   #3157
Sephiroth
Simples
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RG41
Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U. BT Infinity2; Tivo; V6; XL Phone; Devolo 1200AV
Posts: 9,718
Sephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Ianch is still living the Brexit referendum. A hopeless position.

He talks of deflection from other political issues and that is pure BS. Illegal immigration is an issue in its own right with huge long term implications for society (the children and the grandchildren, etc); same goes for those who overstay their visas, a deflection that he has introduced.


---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Do you have a source for this?
Don't you start, Andrew!

Those migrants come here because the taxpayer will take care of them for quite some while. You don't need a source for that - but if did need one, the French government has said nearly as much in referring to the "pull factor".
__________________
Seph.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:01   #3158
Jaymoss
Just a Geek
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,104
Jaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of society
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Do you have a source for this?
Oh come one seriously?

They get to France and then risk their lives to come here. Why?

Here is what an asylum seeker gets

"You’ll be given somewhere to live if you need it. This could be in a flat, house, hostel or bed and breakfast.

You cannot choose where you live. It’s unlikely you’ll get to live in London or south-east England."

"Cash support
You’ll get 」39.63 for each person in your household. This will help you pay for things you need like food, clothing and toiletries.

Your allowance will be loaded onto a debit card (ASPEN card) each week. You’ll be able to use the card to get cash from a cash machine.

If you’ve been refused asylum
You’ll be given:

somewhere to live
」39.63 per person on a payment card for food, clothing and toiletries
You will not be given:

the payment card if you do not take the offer of somewhere to live
any money"

"Maternity payment
You can apply for a one-off 」300 maternity payment if your baby is due in 8 weeks or less, or if your baby is under 6 weeks old.

If you’ve been refused asylum
You can apply for a one-off 」250 maternity payment if your baby is due in 8 weeks or less, or if your baby is under 6 weeks old."

"Healthcare
You may get free National Health Service (NHS) healthcare, such as to see a doctor or get hospital treatment.

You’ll also get:

free prescriptions for medicine
free dental care for your teeth
free eyesight tests
help paying for glasses"

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get

Good enough for you ????

If they can get housed so easily why do we have homeless people born here, on our streets???

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Ianch is still living the Brexit referendum. A hopeless position.

He talks of deflection from other political issues and that is pure BS. Illegal immigration is an issue in its own right with huge long term implications for society (the children and the grandchildren, etc); same goes for those who overstay their visas, a deflection that he has introduced.


---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------



Don't you start, Andrew!

Those migrants come here because the taxpayer will take care of them for quite some while. You don't need a source for that - but if did need one, the French government has said nearly as much in referring to the "pull factor".
Don't worry he was easily answered
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:05   #3159
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10,790
1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array
1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
It is outrageous that the French are allowing this to happen. It is also outrageous that the British Press is not all over this. I would not expect the BBC to but other independent news outlets should be damning the French. The World shoudl be damning the French. They are breaking international law yet our Governement has always been to weak to do anything about it

Yes we need a strong leader that takes no crap. We have not seen one since Thatcher ( although I do not and never did support what she did but she took no crap ) and yes Farage would be that kind of leader

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------



sorry but all that has come out of a male cows backend

Brexit won so majority mate.....

And please do not be fooled by this Asylum seeker BS
Thatcher had a political and economic philosophy and took a strategic approach to making the system work for her. Farage is more of a populist who works best outside the system. But at times he falls into the trap of overplaying to the populist crowd at the expense of accuracy.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:05   #3160
TheDaddy
cf.mega pornstar
 
TheDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,345
TheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden aura
TheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
They come here because they get access to our welfare state.
You know benefits are higher for them in France don't you? You must do because you state these things like they're facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
This whole illegal migrants in boats "crisis" is pure deflection and is designed to pander to the prejudices of the xenophobic, Brexit voting minority and so remove the focus from the far more important problems we face at the moment. We, as a country, take fewer asylum seekers per capita than our European neighbours so have little grounds to complain.

In fact, the deflection also stosp people asking why after 11 years in power, we see:
I think there's something to this, it's not like we can blame Eastern Europeans anymore...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post

Brexit won so majority mate.....
Do people feel like a winner, much changed for them at all as a result of winning, promises were made that can't be kept so rather than be held accountable it might be better to have a distraction like asylum seekers, mean French men or the nasty EU punishing us
__________________
Sports Babble
TheDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:09   #3161
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10,790
1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array
1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array1andrew1 has a bronze array
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Oh come one seriously?

They get to France and then risk their lives to come here. Why?

Here is what an asylum seeker gets

"You値l be given somewhere to live if you need it. This could be in a flat, house, hostel or bed and breakfast.

You cannot choose where you live. It痴 unlikely you値l get to live in London or south-east England."

"Cash support
You値l get 」39.63 for each person in your household. This will help you pay for things you need like food, clothing and toiletries.

Your allowance will be loaded onto a debit card (ASPEN card) each week. You値l be able to use the card to get cash from a cash machine.

If you致e been refused asylum
You値l be given:

somewhere to live
」39.63 per person on a payment card for food, clothing and toiletries
You will not be given:

the payment card if you do not take the offer of somewhere to live
any money"

"Maternity payment
You can apply for a one-off 」300 maternity payment if your baby is due in 8 weeks or less, or if your baby is under 6 weeks old.

If you致e been refused asylum
You can apply for a one-off 」250 maternity payment if your baby is due in 8 weeks or less, or if your baby is under 6 weeks old."

"Healthcare
You may get free National Health Service (NHS) healthcare, such as to see a doctor or get hospital treatment.

You値l also get:

free prescriptions for medicine
free dental care for your teeth
free eyesight tests
help paying for glasses"

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get

Good enough for you ????

If they can get housed so easily why do we have homeless people born here, on our streets???

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------



Don't worry he was easily answered
So just a cut and paste list of benefits, no evidence whatsover that this is their motivation?
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:12   #3162
Jaymoss
Just a Geek
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,104
Jaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of societyJaymoss is a pillar of society
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
You know benefits are higher for them in France don't you? You must do because you state these things like they're facts



I think there's something to this, it's not like we can blame Eastern Europeans anymore...




Do people feel like a winner, much changed for them at all as a result of winning, promises were made that can't be kept so rather than be held accountable it might be better to have a distraction like asylum seekers, mean French men or the nasty EU punishing us
First point. Prudent question and I refer to my answer on certain asylum seeker statistics. Cash in hand work is easier to find for those who are not asylum seekers so they get rid of ID come here and work on the side hidden and unknown

When Brexit was voted for I knew any benefits from it would not be seen for a number of years. I do not rule it as failed just because things have not magically changed straight away

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
So just a cut and paste list of benefits, no evidence whatsover that this is their motivation?
They come here so they are motivated to come here. Remove some of what motivates them and then hopefully they would feel less motivated

oh and it was a copy and paste, I cannot cut text from a government website
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:12   #3163
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,399
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Those migrants come here because the taxpayer will take care of them for quite some while. You don't need a source for that - but if did need one, the French government has said nearly as much in referring to the "pull factor".
EU countries do the same and some offer higher levels of support than the UK.

https://www.dw.com/en/asylum-benefit...are/a-44298599
__________________
I work for Virgin Media but all views are my own.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:17   #3164
Sephiroth
Simples
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RG41
Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U. BT Infinity2; Tivo; V6; XL Phone; Devolo 1200AV
Posts: 9,718
Sephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
So just a cut and paste list of benefits, no evidence whatsover that this is their motivation?
Didn't jaymoss just list the 'pull factor'? And why didn't you see this? What's your point?
__________________
Seph.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:18   #3165
Carth
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: At the Leaving door
Posts: 3,443
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Britain outside the EU

Almost 26,000 'boat' people this year into the UK.
I'd estimate another 250 to 350 thousand here legally.

Lets go for a rather conservative figure of 300,000 migrants into the UK this year then. That's 300,000 that need food & drink, power for heating & cooking plus a roof over their head to do it in. Jobs, benefits, or student loans to be able to have those things, with schooling and health care when required.

How any was it last year . . 300,000 also?

Next years estimate anyone?

Close to a million extra people now aren't we . . . now look at some of the headlines lately regarding shortages and price rises.

However, it's not bad news, far from it. Economic experts have revealed that migrants contribute 」」thousands」」 more to the UK than people born & bred here, so we're on a winner, we just can't see it
__________________
'The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it' ~ T. Pratchett
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:17.


Server: curium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.