Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Your broadband might be coming from an old public toilet..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Your broadband might be coming from an old public toilet..

Old 28-01-2018, 17:44   #16
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Your broadband might be coming from an old public toilet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
But as it has been stated they all have high security on them.
I'll let you know tomorrow
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2018, 08:55   #17
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Damn I knew there was a hubsite near me, nut never knew there was so many smaller sites dotted around too.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 17:47   #18
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I go in them every other day and some are as you say all flashing flickering lights , whilst others don't have a lot in them yet .

But as it has been stated they all have high security on them.
You mean like a chainlink fence that a van can drive through and a padlocked rack that can be broken into?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 18:08   #19
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
You mean like a chainlink fence that a van can drive through and a padlocked rack that can be broken into?
Not anymore

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 18:21   #20
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Stuart, I can't find the link you are talking about.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 18:22   #21
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

With everyone in the UK desperate to get a fast broadband internet connection, Virgin Media have gone to extraordinary lengths to install their switching gear in more and more bizarre locations

That is a quote from the article, I would say they are slightly wrong in saying VM have gone to extraordinary lengths to to install equipment in bizarre places in the name of people wanting a faster connection. Pretty much all these sites have been in use for close to 30 years! But yea there are some weird hub sites out there!
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:36   #22
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
VM hubsites are generally unsigned and pretty well secured for a very good reason
Absolutely. In my work I've found myself outside O2 & Orange (as they were then) switch sites in the past and just not realised it. Calling someone inside with a "where are you?" and "literally behind you"....
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote