Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bitcoin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Bitcoin

Old 05-02-2018, 19:07   #31
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Bitcoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Not really a problem you can still buy using a debit card or like i do use a sepa transfer.

Who buys with a credit card anyway? lol
You'd be surprised. Why ban it if no-one were using it?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2018, 19:21   #32
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

There was some article a few months back saying a third of new investors to Bitcoin were using credit cards. As to if that was just with Coinbase or a particular country, I cannot remember.

Using credit cards for money or money related stuff usually has extra charges too, so not the best way of doing it.

Some people remortgaged their home to get some equity to put in to Bitcoin. Goes way beyond the general rule of only investing what you can afford to lose.

This current dip is harsh but those in to crypto's early in 2017 or earlier are still a huge percent ahead than they were. Just lost some of those gains in the last month.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 20:52   #33
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Trying to guess when the dips are going to be is hard, i got it wrong and lost out, but i expect it to go up and i will be making a profit in 6 months time.

Just need to consider buying more while the prices are low, especially on the cheap ones like Ripple which cost 0.72 euros today.
Old 05-02-2018, 21:05   #34
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Buying low doesn't always work without considering background and future forecasts. Even then it's a minefield.

The credit card companies banning purchases will affect the price in the future as it depresses speculation buying.
Old 05-02-2018, 23:35   #35
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Remember dips are only dips if they later recover.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 23:43   #36
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Absolutely.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:36   #37
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If
Old 06-02-2018, 14:13   #38
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Just said it because there is a lot of 'buy the dip!' around at the moment but people were saying that when it was at £10k......
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 17:01   #39
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

i thought buy the dip was when you got a bag of doritos.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 21:18   #40
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yes, and dont waste your time (and money).
I was just looking to see if there were any mining posts and come across this post from a long time ago and had to say how wrong this turned out to be

I had a bash when it first all started and had the same opinion as Paul did here . My goodness I am kicking myself now

$47K per coin . At the start you could buy them for a quid
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 22:42   #41
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

There is a big difference between mining them when bitcoin first started, and now (or even 2017, when that was posted) - the chances of actually mining one are small, and the costs high.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 23:48   #42
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
There is a big difference between mining them when bitcoin first started, and now (or even 2017, when that was posted) - the chances of actually mining one are small, and the costs high.
now it is impossible to mine Bitcoin it is pretty much all done by investment. Mining and holding has made a fair few people very rich so for them it certainly was not a waste of time or money and with ETH now it looks like it could be very profitable. People mining now could very well be rich in a few years
Old 07-05-2021, 19:17   #43
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I've just purchased over 6million Safemoons which is a new altcoin that the market are talking about, so thought i would take the risk and get in early as it only cost me $60, so if/when it goes pair shaped and i lose it all it won't matter, but if it eventually goes the way of Dogecoin then it'll be fun!

Anyone else done anything like this for very little cost?
Old 08-05-2021, 14:57   #44
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I had €501 in an account i had never purchased any coins with so took the risk an hour ago and bought 851 Dogecoins, it's already made a €6 profit, i like this game.

Disclaimer... only invest what you can afford to lose and i always expect to lose it.
Old 08-05-2021, 15:04   #45
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I had €501 in an account i had never purchased any coins with so took the risk an hour ago and bought 851 Dogecoins, it's already made a €6 profit, i like this game.

Disclaimer... only invest what you can afford to lose and i always expect to lose it.
Millionaire in a year