Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 15:54   #1756
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I don't watch those, Den

But really in 2017, everything should at least be in HD
Or turn off the SD variant when HD is available free up space
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2017, 16:41   #1757
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I don't watch those, Den

But really in 2017, everything should at least be in HD
Nor do I, but given the channels that are on SD only, we're not missing much.

The only programme I tend to watch in SD is the regional news on BBC1 after News at 10, although I did make an exception for the Harley and the Davidson series on the Turbo channel!
Old 05-07-2017, 16:53   #1758
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Nor do I, but given the channels that are on SD only, we're not missing much.

The only programme I tend to watch in SD is the regional news on BBC1 after News at 10, although I did make an exception for the Harley and the Davidson series on the Turbo channel!
Some of our household like several channels that are in SD only so that great statement by you does not stand up to much scrutiny OB.
Old 05-07-2017, 17:13   #1759
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If one of those is Star TVE HD, then that's already happened. It replaced Made in Spain on the 15th June in the Spanish Worldbox pack
No names were given but it's highly likely that is one of them i think.
Old 05-07-2017, 17:39   #1760
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Some of our household like several channels that are in SD only so that great statement by you does not stand up to much scrutiny OB.
I meant UC and me, Den, not everyone on this forum.

I know a fair few on this forum enjoy cutting edge stuff like Talking Pictures, but old whippersnappers like me are non conformist stirrers when it comes to digital media and content!
Old 05-07-2017, 22:23   #1761
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

No surprise Virgin Media are on tonights watchdog. No i'm not having a go at vm on this occasion lol.
Every year though this so called consumer show has the same companies on it aka vm, bt, sky etc i bet most of those who are writing in to watchdog are most likely on wrong package for their household size or haven't set up their router correctly lol.
Old 06-07-2017, 00:30   #1762
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
No surprise Virgin Media are on tonights watchdog. No i'm not having a go at vm on this occasion lol.
Every year though this so called consumer show has the same companies on it aka vm, bt, sky etc i bet most of those who are writing in to watchdog are most likely on wrong package for their household size or haven't set up their router correctly lol.
Just watching; it's the first article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xk11f
Old 06-07-2017, 10:27   #1763
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If one of those is Star TVE HD, then that's already happened. It replaced Made in Spain on the 15th June in the Spanish Worldbox pack
Media Boy HQ can still see Made in Spain listed in the Spanish Worldbox Pack.

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Spider-man
Oops.

Superman is batter than Spider-Man anyway.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 06-07-2017, 10:29   #1764
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Oops.

No way, MB...Spider-Man kicks ass hahaha
Old 06-07-2017, 10:41   #1765
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Sky Cinema has confirm that Sky Cinema Greats will become Sky Cinema Tom Hanks from July 10th.

http://www.sky.com/tv/channel/skycin...tion/tom-hanks
Radio Times that Sky Cinema Tom Hanks will be with us until July 23rd.

Also Sky Sources has confirmed that At The Races will stay when Sky Sports is given new names by saying "There was zero mention of At The Races changing names"
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 06-07-2017, 12:48   #1766
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:

Oops.

Agree DC all the way.
Old 07-07-2017, 19:07   #1767
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Just watching; it's the first article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xk11f
I see they are played the 'sick child' card.

Last edited by spankysmagicpian; 07-07-2017 at 19:15.
Old 07-07-2017, 19:29   #1768
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Radio Times that Sky Cinema Tom Hanks will be with us until July 23rd.

Also Sky Sources has confirmed that At The Races will stay when Sky Sports is given new names by saying "There was zero mention of At The Races changing names"
You know, I think there should be a seperate thread for all these ridiculous name changes on the Sky Cinema channels. After all, they are not new channels, they are just our regular channels with different themes for fixed periods.
Old 07-07-2017, 22:17   #1769
jj20x

Quote:
You know, I think there should be a seperate thread for all these ridiculous name changes on the Sky Cinema channels. After all, they are not new channels, they are just our regular channels with different themes for fixed periods.
Let's face it, these temporary re-brands are just marketing opportunities. The temporary names seem to be repeated in cycles so there's nothing really new about them. I would agree, these changes would be better kept in their own thread.

Old 07-07-2017, 22:50   #1770
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Agreed but there would probably be little in the "coming soon" thread if we did that! But I still do agree with you on this point.
Closed Thread