Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 16:49   #8086
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
How many? 10, 50, 100, 200?
Doesn't matter if it's only 1. The original statement from old boy is wrong.
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2019, 17:38   #8087
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The country's leading independent fact-checkers disagree with you.https://fullfact.org/europe/what-was...on-referendum/
But, Andrew, the Customs Union is essentially the common market. Of course leavers voted to leave that too! I can't believe we are still having this conversation!

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Ah, here we have it Ladies and Gentlemen. Mick and everyone associated to Mick, speak for the entire 37% of the Electorate who voted Leave.

Good to know. Best tell Mori and YouGov, they are wasting their money. All they need to do is to ring Mick and his mates ask them what everyone thinks.
Oh, do pack it in! If you lot think you can speak for all those who voted leave and how they were soooo confused and didn't know that a cross against leave meant leave, then that is true arrogance.

I don't know anyone who voted leave that didn't appreciate what they were voting for. Who are you to know what those who oppose your view were thinking?

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Doesn't matter if it's only 1. The original statement from old boy is wrong.
Oh, do give it a rest, Mythica. You are whining now.
Old 04-03-2019, 17:39   #8088
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It’s hardly pure arrogance to say the full consequences of leave weren’t fully quantified. Otherwise we would not have had discussions on Norway model, Canada (and various pluses), EFTA and ultimately WTO terms.

For some people they didn’t consider the consequences beyond reducing immigration and the mythical £350m a week. Which is exactly why we are in the shambles we are in.

One clear agreed vision of Brexit would have been settled 18 months ago.
Old 04-03-2019, 17:46   #8089
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But, Andrew, the Customs Union is essentially the common market. Of course leavers voted to leave that too! I can't believe we are still having this conversation!

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Oh, do pack it in! If you lot think you can speak for all those who voted leave and how they were soooo confused and didn't know that a cross against leave meant leave, then that is true arrogance.

I don't know anyone who voted leave that didn't appreciate what they were voting for. Who are you to know what those who oppose your view were thinking?

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Oh, do give it a rest, Mythica. You are whining now.
If your definition of whining is correcting someone posting something incorrect then I must be whining. I see it as you're just being rude because you realised what you said is incorrect.
Old 04-03-2019, 17:54   #8090
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Posts are now shading from disagreement to aggressive - desist, otherwise the Mallet of Loving Correction™ will be utilised...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 04-03-2019, 18:47   #8091
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s hardly pure arrogance to say the full consequences of leave weren’t fully quantified. Otherwise we would not have had discussions on Norway model, Canada (and various pluses), EFTA and ultimately WTO terms.

For some people they didn’t consider the consequences beyond reducing immigration and the mythical £350m a week. Which is exactly why we are in the shambles we are in.

One clear agreed vision of Brexit would have been settled 18 months ago.
As a leaver, I have not heard anything since I voted that I did not appreciate and I'm sure that most have the same view. Remainers, however, may have had a different experience. I cannot speak for them.

Much is made of the ridiculous allegation that people failed to appreciate that leaving the EU meant leaving the Customs Union. It may be true that some did not know what the customs union was, even though this was mentioned in the literature, but they would all have appreciated that we would be leaving the common market, which is essentially the same thing. Once again, people are trying to confuse the issue.

You say the full consequences of leave were not fully quantified. Well, what exactly did you think would change the minds of those voting leave? The Norway model won't work for us because that would mean we would be rule takers without having any say. Why would we wish to have a different arrangement such as EFTA if it worsened the situation, allowed the continuation of free movement, etc? Canada +++ is what we want from the trade deal, that has never been in dispute.

I'd really like to know what it is in your delusion that makes you believe that leavers did not know what they voted for. Would you care to tell us what, in your wisdom, we do not understand?

We, the leavers, had a very clear vision when we voted leave. Any lack of clarity has been promulgated by remainers. You are all confusing things so much, I don't think you have any clear vision of what you do want. The EU will only hold us back. We need to forge better links with the rest of the world and remove ourselves from the undemocratic Eurocracy.
Old 04-03-2019, 18:57   #8092
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
As a leaver, I have not heard anything since I voted that I did not appreciate and I'm sure that most have the same view. Remainers, however, may have had a different experience. I cannot speak for them.

Much is made of the ridiculous allegation that people failed to appreciate that leaving the EU meant leaving the Customs Union. It may be true that some did not know what the customs union was, even though this was mentioned in the literature, but they would all have appreciated that we would be leaving the common market, which is essentially the same thing. Once again, people are trying to confuse the issue.

You say the full consequences of leave were not fully quantified. Well, what exactly did you think would change the minds of those voting leave? The Norway model won't work for us because that would mean we would be rule takers without having any say. Why would we wish to have a different arrangement such as EFTA if it worsened the situation, allowed the continuation of free movement, etc? Canada +++ is what we want from the trade deal, that has never been in dispute.

I'd really like to know what it is in your delusion that makes you believe that leavers did not know what they voted for. Would you care to tell us what, in your wisdom, we do not understand?

We, the leavers, had a very clear vision when we voted leave. Any lack of clarity has been promulgated by remainers. You are all confusing things so much, I don't think you have any clear vision of what you do want. The EU will only hold us back. We need to forge better links with the rest of the world and remove ourselves from the undemocratic Eurocracy.
My wisdom tells me it’s impossible for you to speak for 17 million people, and that despite it not being stated on the ballot paper you know exactly what they understood ‘leaving’ to mean.

If ‘leave’ means one thing, and one only, why does the Theresa May deal not fit the bill for some yet it does for others? Why does it not fit Liam Fox’s easiest deal in history? Leave has a very broad range of outcomes that all fall under one umbrella.

You understand what you want from leaving. That’s not the same as everyone understanding, let alone agreeing over it.
Old 04-03-2019, 18:59   #8093
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

the same Norway model that Nigel Farage supported remind everyone what way he voted for again and he not only one that was supporting that on leave side
Old 04-03-2019, 19:00   #8094
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
the same Norway model that Nigel Farage supported remind everyone what way he voted for again and he not only one that was supporting that on leave side
We will also be a rule taker in a trade deal with the USA!
Old 04-03-2019, 19:07   #8095
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
exactly with no say in it at all as they have all the power in the talks but leavers don't get that in EU we get a say on the rules but we wont have for much longer

Last edited by Dave42; 04-03-2019 at 19:10.
Old 04-03-2019, 19:13   #8096
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

My wisdom tells me it’s impossible for you to speak for 17 million people, and that despite it not being stated on the ballot paper you know exactly what they understood ‘leaving’ to mean.

If ‘leave’ means one thing, and one only, why does the Theresa May deal not fit the bill for some yet it does for others? Why does it not fit Liam Fox’s easiest deal in history? Leave has a very broad range of outcomes that all fall under one umbrella.

You understand what you want from leaving. That’s not the same as everyone understanding, let alone agreeing over it.
Ha ha! I don't, and you don't speak for them either, so no more talk of leavers not knowing what they voted for!

As for Liam Fox, the withdrawal agreement has been pretty straight forward considering the extent of the voices off from the remainers. Only the backstop is getting in the way, but other than that, the withdrawal agreement is just about there.

The other types of leave you envisage do not actually mean 'leave' - they mean a half way house. This is unacceptable to most leavers.

Can you tell me, with supporting evidence if you like, what it is that leavers did not understand?

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Quote:
You are such a defeatest in everything you touch! Thank God you are not leading us, old chap.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Quote:
exactly with no say in it at all as they have all the power in the talks but leavers don't get that in EU we get a say on the rules but we wont have for much longer
No deal is better than a bad deal, Dave!
Old 04-03-2019, 19:14   #8097
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ha ha! I don't, and you don't speak for them either, so no more talk of leavers not knowing what they voted for!

As for Liam Fox, the withdrawal agreement has been pretty straight forward considering the extent of the voices off from the remainers. Only the backstop is getting in the way, but other than that, the withdrawal agreement is just about there.

The other types of leave you envisage do not actually mean 'leave' - they mean a half way house. This is unacceptable to most leavers.

Can you tell me, with supporting evidence if you like, what it is that leavers did not understand?

You are such a defeatest in everything you touch! Thank God you are not leading us, old chap.

no deal is worst of anything OB and no deal be off the table totally next week by parliament

Last edited by Dave42; 04-03-2019 at 19:17.
Old 04-03-2019, 19:18   #8098
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
So let me get this right. Remaine logic purports that Brexit voters didn't know what they were voting for but remainers did.

Is this the old uneducated voting rearing its head again?

I'm sure you think I and many others enjoy being told we didn't know what we were voting for.

I don't know what you think you are that gives you the right to even suggest that anyone didn't know what they were voting for. I do know what I think you are.

This is not aimed at just you but anyone else on here that puts forward this tired done to death argument.
During this debate I've said equally that this ill information and bad decision making is applicable at both sides. I'd suggest you go back and read them.

Please do tell me what you think I am? If you actually have the balls too rather than just insinuating as you have done in other posts on this forum.
Old 04-03-2019, 19:18   #8099
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:

But you are.

Just a few posts back you said, "We, the leavers, had a very clear vision when we voted leave."
Old 04-03-2019, 19:25   #8100
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
see Teressa May trying the bribe tactic again to try get her deal through like she did to stay in power

https://news.sky.com/story/theresa-m...-fund-11654666
If persuasion doesn't work, try a bribe!

Even if this promise is kept after the vote, some areas will have to bid for the money, so aren't guaranteed to get it.

Even if they do, it's a drop in the ocean compared to the massive funding cuts by the Tories in Northern areas.
Closed Thread