Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 01:48   #121
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
5* wrestling claim freesports is coming. Is this old news?

"FreeSports is a brand new channel here in the UK that can be found for FREE on FreeView, Sky, FreeSat, BT, TalkTalk TV and very soon on Virgin Media, making 5 Star Wrestling programming available in over 22 million homes across the country."

I thought it was connected to 5* the channel rather than just a random name. Quite odd!
Freesport are in talks with VM but VM are allegedly asking for too much money, no doubt something will get sorted.
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2018, 05:28   #122
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Can't see what all the fuss is about, it's just another rubbish +1 channel!
l won't call it rubbish but lets just say its not for me.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:19   #123
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

For anyone interested, this was the first 4 days of the TV schedule for 5Prime:

Tue 16
7pm GPs: Behind Closed Doors
8pm The Yorkshire Vet
9pm The Yorkshire Vet Casebook NEW
10pm The Secret Life of Owls NEW
11pm Alaska: A Year in the Wild

Wed 17
8pm The Yorkshire Vet
9pm World War I in Colour NEW
10pm Secrets of the Tube: Going Underground
11pm Secrets of Great British Castles

Thu 18
8pm The Yorkshire Vet
9pm Striking Out NEW
10pm Film: Dallas Buyers Club

Fri 19
8pm The Yorkshire Vet
9pm All New Traffic Cops
10pm The Tube: Going Underground
11pm Restless Legs Syndrome Desperate for Help

As you can see, it's very much My5 with a new brand and new shows added so I wouldn't be suprised if they go ahead with this schedule under the existing My5 brand irrespective of them not launching it as 5Prime.

I think the last minute change is quite likely to be down to an objection from Amazon about the use of Prime for it.
Old 04-01-2018, 13:52   #124
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
For anyone interested, this was the first 4 days of the TV schedule for 5Prime:

Tue 16
8pm The Yorkshire Vet
9pm The Yorkshire Vet Casebook NEW
10pm The Secret Life of Owls NEW
11pm Alaska: A Year in the Wild

Wed 17
8pm The Yorkshire Vet
9pm World War I in Colour NEW
10pm Secrets of the Tube: Going Underground
11pm Secrets of Great British Castles

Thu 18
8pm The Yorkshire Vet
9pm Striking Out NEW
10pm Film: Dallas Buyers Club

Fri 19
8pm The Yorkshire Vet
9pm All New Traffic Cops
10pm The Tube: Going Underground
11pm Restless Legs Syndrome Desperate for Help

As you can see, it's very much My5 with a new brand and new shows added so I wouldn't be suprised if they go ahead with this schedule under the existing My5 brand irrespective of them not launching it as 5Prime.

I think the last minute change is quite likely to be down to an objection from Amazon about the use of Prime for it.
I really can't see how Amazon can object words like "primetime, prime" etc have been around long before Amazon came on the scene, i think it's most likely down to ceos who can't make their mind up.
Old 04-01-2018, 14:11   #125
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I really can't see how Amazon can object words like "primetime, prime" etc have been around long before Amazon came on the scene, i think it's most likely down to ceos who can't make their mind up.
Maybe they were advised that to use the word 'prime' could amount to false advertising!!
Old 04-01-2018, 14:16   #126
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe they were advised that to use the word 'prime' could amount to false advertising!!
Well there is plenty of false advertising every day on ones TV.
Old 04-01-2018, 14:20   #127
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
In which case, perhaps we can expect them to launch in March as 5subprime.

Old 04-01-2018, 15:22   #128
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I really can't see how Amazon can object words like "primetime, prime" etc have been around long before Amazon came on the scene
They can legitimately object if they already have a registered trademark in a similar area of business. It's common for existing words to be trademarked.
Old 04-01-2018, 16:12   #129
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Wrestling magazines in the States have rated wrestling matches and events on a 5 star basis for decades. Maybe it's a reference to that? "If you want 5 star matches tune into 5* Wrestling"
I hadnt thought of that! I thought it was channel 5 launching a wrestling show to compete with ITV (not that ever took off!) haha how foolish of me. Yes that makes total sense now!
Old 04-01-2018, 21:20   #130
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
They can legitimately object if they already have a registered trademark in a similar area of business. It's common for existing words to be trademarked.
It does now appear to be the case that it's the name that is the problem as Viacom have confirmed that the content and nature of the channel will remain the same.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

The 'Made In' local TV channels are now only broadcasting one version on satellite, with every local channel name pointing to the one feed. Every local news bulletin is being shown one after the other for the six areas.

DTT is continuing as normal.

Does anyone know where VM get their feed from? Just wondering what the score is on cable.
Old 04-01-2018, 22:10   #131
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The 'Made In' local TV channels are now only broadcasting one version on satellite, with every local channel name pointing to the one feed. Every local news bulletin is being shown one after the other for the six areas.

DTT is continuing as normal.

Does anyone know where VM get their feed from? Just wondering what the score is on cable.
a516Digital is reporting that the feed Virgin Media UK is broadcasting is the same as Freeview.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/m...iew-local.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 04-01-2018, 22:12   #132
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

A very, very, long time coming but all of the CBS channels are now available on all packages on a permanent basis, according to the new 2018 Channel Guide:

http://www.virginmedia.com/content/d..._JAN2018v2.pdf
Old 04-01-2018, 22:43   #133
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
A very, very, long time coming but all of the CBS channels are now available on all packages on a permanent basis, according to the new 2018 Channel Guide:

So they should be! I really hope you guys on VM get all the freeview channels on all packages.
Old 04-01-2018, 23:14   #134
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

New deal?

Maybe CBS Action +1 will launch soon.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Also Times Now and NDTV 24x7 has both been removed from Sky as of time of posting.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 04-01-2018 at 23:20.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:55   #135
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
a516Digital is reporting that the feed Virgin Media UK is broadcasting is the same as Freeview.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/m...iew-local.html
Thanks, looks like VM must take their feed from Freeview.

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
New deal?

Maybe CBS Action +1 will launch soon.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Also Times Now and NDTV 24x7 has both been removed from Sky as of time of posting.
Just checked and NDTV 24×7 is still broadcasting on VM, perhaps they've not paid this month's Sky EPG bill- not looking good.
Closed Thread