Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2018, 09:05   #286
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Can't see them keeping the channel just for VM viewers, you never know though as Trouble had to continue for a time on cable after it closed due to contractual reasons.

Edit: The new channel will start a week late on Freesat, maybe (as it doesn't look like it's coming to VM) the Sony Channel is going to continue for a further week on Freesat and Virgin??

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

A mixture of the above is true for both companies.
Sony Channel is not on Freesat so that is nothing to do with it continuing on Virgin Media, and possibly other platforms.
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2018, 13:39   #287
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Netflix is our fourth biggest channel now, says Virgin.

Virgin Media is accelerating the roll-out of its new set-top box amid rising demand for faster access to Netflix, which it said has become its joint fourth biggest channel.

Around 2.8m cable TV households will be entitled to a free upgrade to an ultra-high definition set-top box without signing up for a new contract under Virgin's accelerated roll-out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ow-saysvirgin/
You would have thought they would put more effort into the constantly crashing at 25% bug that means a full box reset and the random pop ups of Netflix home screen when watching other channels.
Old 26-01-2018, 14:29   #288
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The launch of this crime channel seems to have become a right mess.

5Select will replace My5 on 13/2/18 after problems with the original 5Prime name branding.
Old 26-01-2018, 14:35   #289
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The 25% bug is an issue with Netflix - it occurs across many different devices and different ISPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
You would have thought they would put more effort into the constantly crashing at 25% bug that means a full box reset and the random pop ups of Netflix home screen when watching other channels.
Old 26-01-2018, 14:44   #290
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The 25% bug is an issue with Netflix - it occurs across many different devices and different ISPs.
the 25% bug only happens if you use Netflix?

If so that's why I have never experienced it
Old 26-01-2018, 14:47   #291
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The 25% bug seems to be an issue with how you get connected to Netflix - and once you get it then it is likely to keep repeating.

It is actually quite rare considering how many Netflix uers there are - I've only ever seen it on my Xbox and never on TiVo.

Changing the speed in Netflix or even logging out and re-logging back in sometimes fixes it.

There are lots of reports of it on the BT-Youview box on BT Broadband - even overseas users report the issue.
Old 26-01-2018, 15:44   #292
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The 25% bug seems to be an issue with how you get connected to Netflix - and once you get it then it is likely to keep repeating.

It is actually quite rare considering how many Netflix uers there are - I've only ever seen it on my Xbox and never on TiVo.

Changing the speed in Netflix or even logging out and re-logging back in sometimes fixes it.

There are lots of reports of it on the BT-Youview box on BT Broadband - even overseas users report the issue.
Are you able to elaborate on this please? Is there a specific way to log in to Netflix and avoid getting this bug?
Old 26-01-2018, 16:10   #293
ozsat
cf.mega poster

No idea what causes the error - but usually if you get it then completely log out of Netflix and re-sign in - that often fixes it. Just closing Netflix does not.

If you speak to Netflix then the problem is with whichever ISP you are with or the device you are using - it is never their problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Are you able to elaborate on this please? Is there a specific way to log in to Netflix and avoid getting this bug?
Old 26-01-2018, 16:27   #294
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I don't know if this helps, but I have three named users on Netflix - me and two of my grandkids. If one of them uses Netflix when in my house, I find that if I try to access one of my programmes via a bookmark on the V6, it sticks at 25%. The reason for that is that Netflix thinks a child is trying to access unsuitable material.

When I've changed the user back to my name, it has worked fine.
Old 26-01-2018, 19:07   #295
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The revamped Channel 5 offshoot, originally to be called 5Prime, will now be named 5Select.

The name change will be implemented from 13 February.
Old 26-01-2018, 23:25   #296
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Sony Channel is not on Freesat so that is nothing to do with it continuing on Virgin Media, and possibly other platforms.
Sony Channel is now broadcasting FTA on satellite, but I think that it will change to Sony Crime on the 6th and added to Freesat a week later after Sky have done the required work to the adaptation hub.

Technical changes made also indicate that Sony movies could also be joining Freesat. If/when this happens, this will be the last major Freeview channel to join Freesat and makes the basic packages of Sky and VM look pretty worthless.

In response Sky have created the Entertainment Pack (more expensive with more channels); I wonder if VM will do something similar with the M/Player packs?

Talking Pictures hopes to be adding subtitles in March.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 27-01-2018 at 00:19.
Old 27-01-2018, 22:21   #297
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Sometimes my netflix doesnt load up and freezes if i dont turn it off at night. quick reboot fixes it all
Old 27-01-2018, 22:39   #298
CalumWestwood
Inactive

CalumWestwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi long time lurker decided to take the plunge and sign up today.
Does anyone know what has happened to a couple of regular posters on here JJ20x and theone2k10?
Also does anyone know if Virgin are going to roll out faster speeds than 300mb?
Many thanks in advance.
Old 28-01-2018, 00:41   #299
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

theone2k10 posts on here every day, as for the other guy........
Old 28-01-2018, 15:15   #300
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalumWestwood View Post
Does anyone know what has happened to a couple of regular posters on here JJ20x and theone2k10?
They have lift.

Theone2k10 says his goodbyes to Virgin Media HQ late last week.

JJ20X can still be found on Digital Spy Forum (Sorry Cable Forum).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread