Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No services stored

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

No services stored

Old 26-04-2012, 19:48   #1
runninglate
Inactive

runninglate is an unknown quantity at this point
No services stored

I have Hitachi 5200E model. Purchase a freeview box logik tv scart adapter. I was advised to disconnect ariel from TV and manual scan before plugging in new freeview. THis I have done, but nothing goes beyond > choose language ? United Kingdom. I do not subscribe to any cable companies the arial is communical for the entire block. Ahhhhhh
runninglate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2012, 19:59   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: No services stored

Moved from Articles to Freesat and Freeview forum
Old 29-04-2012, 19:16   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by runninglate View Post
I have Hitachi 5200E model. Purchase a freeview box logik tv scart adapter. I was advised to disconnect ariel from TV and manual scan before plugging in new freeview. THis I have done, but nothing goes beyond > choose language ? United Kingdom. I do not subscribe to any cable companies the arial is communical for the entire block. Ahhhhhh
Are you referring to the the TV or the Scart adaptor?
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 20:50   #4
runninglate
Inactive

Thanks fo ryour post. I have tried with the original scart and ariel in the back of TV to try and retune, I cannot get beyond choose a language. I thought it would be simple as connecting freeview box into back of set. Is there anyone you can call in the London area? Hitachi are a complete waste of time, 25 minutes holding on for them to answer a call.
Old 29-04-2012, 20:57   #5
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Forgive me if I misunderstand what you have written, but. Plug the scart cable into the freeview box and the tv. Aerial cable into the freeview box. Then try tuning the freeview box.
Old 30-04-2012, 12:55   #6
runninglate
Inactive

Thanks
The freeview is a Logic digital scart adapter LSSTB11 Ive plugged this into the rear of the TV pluged the aerial and the infrared receiver for remote control all into this adapter was ondering it mentions rf in cable to rf out (cable not supplied) is this where Im going wrong. I have put the TV back to original now getting your analogue TV service has come to an end. Cannot manual return. AHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 30-04-2012, 13:18   #7
jempalmer

You don't need the extra RF cable. The aerial cable plugs into the Logik adaptor to receive the signal from your rooftop aerial. The adaptor plugs into the scart socket on the TV. According to the limited info I can find online you then just go through the setup following the on screen menu. Sorry not to be more helpful but that's all I've had to do in the past.
Old 30-04-2012, 13:44   #8
runninglate
Inactive

Oh thank you so much thought I was going gar gar. Its still not working, so I will have to call someone in to sort out. Thanks again
Old 30-04-2012, 14:37   #9
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

If an auto scan is not finding channels it's likely a signal problem. Has anyone else on the communal system got problems?
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 16:12   #10
runninglate
Inactive

Thanks, will make enquiries.
Old 30-04-2012, 16:46   #11
jempalmer

Another possibility is that the aerial may not support freeview. I've found that it's not always necessary to upgrade to a "digital aerial" however, on a shared setup it also may be that the splitter/distribution box may not be up to the job. I missed the part of your post that mentioned it was communal, sorry.
Old 30-04-2012, 16:56   #12
runninglate
Inactive

Your a magician. Going to check both options you offered, cannot thank you enough for your efforts. If the aerial is not up to the job. What then!!! I have recently bought a small new TV for the bedroom, again plugged into the wall and this is working fine.
Old 30-04-2012, 17:08   #13
jempalmer

Is your new tv equipped with built in freeview or using analogue signals? If it's freeview and working then neither the aerial or distribution box are the problem.
Old 30-04-2012, 17:47   #14
runninglate
Inactive

Yes the next TV has a built in freeview . The signal is good but occassionally falters. This I just retuned and all worked well. Could it be the TV is not equipped for digital, I assumed it would be as its flat screened and has the scart connections.
Old 30-04-2012, 18:34   #15
jempalmer

There's nothing wrong with your new TV. The signal dropouts are most likely just to do with the shared aerial etc. The fact that the new TV works means that the problem is with your old Hitachi TV and/or the Logik receiver you have. Take your new TV and plug it into the aerial socket where your Hitachi is at the moment. Check that you get reception on it. If you do then there's no problem with the aerial connection in your Lounge. Then try plugging the Logik into the new TV. Then we'll know if the Logik is faulty. Let me know what happens and I'l advise further