Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 13-01-2010, 13:56   #1561
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Snow!

Yes. I was one of those dancing pedestrians. Even with a pair of substantial boots on, my own street was the slippiest I've ever experienced. I was like Bambi (without the cuteness) for about 50 yards until I hit the bit of the road that has a suggestion of grit on it. Hopefully that's the end of it though since conditions seem to have improved greatly today.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2010, 13:58   #1562
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Was hoping to get out today in the car, first time since a week ago last Monday but there is not a hope Torvell and Dean would be at home on the roads and streets round here.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 16:14   #1563
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well I drove to the local Asda which was surprisingly empty but plenty of green veg which is in short supply down my high street..got back safe though I had to wait for a parking space outside my house so I could unpack the shopping.
Old 13-01-2010, 18:15   #1564
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

I saw about 7 people thud onto the floor this morning when i took son to school lol. I had the pushchair to cling onto though Not easy pushing it though, for every 5 steps my legs take, i move about one

Same ice as Paul M on my car too, my windows looked fine but when i turned on the ignition and moved the wipers i realised they were actually covered in ice so i had to scrape it off. The de-icer stuff didn't even touch it
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 09:14   #1565
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Tell me about it.. A friend of mine moved back to Australia a couple of years ago. She has been moaning to me about it..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 09:44   #1566
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I'd rather have the snow i think
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 10:40   #1567
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
I saw about 7 people thud onto the floor this morning when i took son to school lol. I had the pushchair to cling onto though...

http://www.yaktrax.com/ProductsPro.aspx

http://www.algeos.com/cgi-bin/sh0000...MB2618#aMB2618

I was given some of these to test a while back and had forgotten about them until this recent cold snap. Now I've been using them on the bottom of my Scarpa Mantas to try and get some grip on the snow and ice that lays about.

They're made of rubber in a diamond pattern (like chains) with some springy metal wound round them. You just stretch them over the soles of your shoes / boots and then there's a velcro strap over the top to hold things tight. The spring bites into the snow and ice and the rubber on your soles.

Well, they seem to work excellently! There's loads of grip, even on the icy bits where the cars have compressed the snow, and they don't seem to get clogged up when I walk on snow. They also fold up quite small and weigh only 75g each so they'd be fine for popping in a sack when not required.

Other similar products are available
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:06   #1568
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Son has borrowed daughters cricket shoes & hubby is wearing his golf shoes
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:57   #1569
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Police officers sledge using riot shields

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8458844.stm
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 12:01   #1570
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post

Gotta love this:

Quote:
Supt Murray added: "I have spoken to the officers concerned and reminded them in no uncertain terms that tobogganing on duty, on police equipment and at taxpayers' expense is a very bad idea should they wish to progress under my command."
How refreshing to see these coppers getting a swift, appropriately pitched slap on the wrist and then sent straight back to work, especially in an age when we have become accustomed to seeing public sector managers suspending staff on full pay for weeks at a time while investigating incidents of momentary high-jinks that find their way onto Youtube.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 12:03   #1571
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Its absolutely chucking it down here with rain in CM20
Old 14-01-2010, 12:23   #1572
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:

LOL. can't do anything when Youtube is watching
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 13:16   #1573
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Looks fantastic to me
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 13:36   #1574
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Well, it snowed steadily all morning, then rained and washed most of it away. Now it's snowing heavily. So we have about half an inch of horrible, wet slush everywhere. Not nice to walk on, not nice to look at, not nice to play in. Boo!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 14:28   #1575
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

That vid made my morning hence my with my link.
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote