Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Mobile Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Mobile Price Increase

Old 07-05-2021, 14:27   #1
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Mobile Price Increase

I have just received a txt from Virgin Mobile to inform me my mobile costs are to increase by 1.5% which means my plan will increase by 20p a month. Should i phone them and fane disgust and demand they disconnect me hoping they will offer me a smaller increase

I await the standard response from certain posters and the flaming

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/

Last edited by Sirius; 07-05-2021 at 14:31.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2021, 15:46   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Mobile Price Increase

On a side note I see a change in VM policy when it comes to deals and land line numbers. On my last negotiation ( my bill was going up by a fair number of pounds not a few pence) they offered me a deal removing my landline in favour of a totally free sim package
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 15:49   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
On a side note I see a change in VM policy when it comes to deals and land line numbers. On my last negotiation ( my bill was going up by a fair number of pounds not a few pence) they offered me a deal removing my landline in favour of a totally free sim package
That's new, i would be happy to have that instead of the landline

Old 07-05-2021, 15:51   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
That's new, i would be happy to have that instead of the landline
yeah I was surprised. I went from 100 meg and basic landline pack to 200 meg Unlimited mins and text and 5GB data on a oomph package but the sim is free for 18 months
Old 08-05-2021, 02:54   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
yeah I was surprised. I went from 100 meg and basic landline pack to 200 meg Unlimited mins and text and 5GB data on a oomph package but the sim is free for 18 months
Are there different Oomph packages? I've only ever heard of Ultimate Oomph with everything included

After many years I no longer use Virgin Mobile. They wanted to charge me £7 extra a month and had been overcharging me. I received nearly £200 in refunds & compensation for messing me about.

My new provider is £4.50 per month cheaper than what Virgin Mobile were charging me so I would advise the OP to shop around for a better deal; I wish i'd done it years ago.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:47   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wish i'd done it years ago.
We all wish you'd done it years ago

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:38   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The standard response was later than i expected

Old 08-05-2021, 12:17   #8
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Are there different Oomph packages? I've only ever heard of Ultimate Oomph with everything included

After many years I no longer use Virgin Mobile. They wanted to charge me £7 extra a month and had been overcharging me. I received nearly £200 in refunds & compensation for messing me about.

My new provider is £4.50 per month cheaper than what Virgin Mobile were charging me so I would advise the OP to shop around for a better deal; I wish i'd done it years ago.
I think any package with a sim is an oomph package now
Old 08-05-2021, 14:37   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes i was expecting it from the same poster too!
Old 08-05-2021, 20:24   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Why?

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:
Is this your standard response to those taking time to be helpful?

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes i was expecting it from the same poster too!
Expecting what, or are you just stirring/trolling again?

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Quote:
I think any package with a sim is an oomph package now
Cheers, it's really refreshing to find a helpful & on topic response
Old 09-05-2021, 11:25   #11
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have just received a txt from Virgin Mobile to inform me my mobile costs are to increase by 1.5% which means my plan will increase by 20p a month. Should i phone them and fane disgust and demand they disconnect me hoping they will offer me a smaller increase

Just join ASDA mobile, cheap as chips.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 20:08   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

How ever there price increase is less per year than most major suppliers l have looked at. Tesco has no increase for term taken out but cost more per month to start with
Old 09-05-2021, 20:47   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

It all depends what you want/need/can afford. Some people like to use PAYG, others prefer to obtain & phone and service from the same supplier on a pay monthly basis and some like to buy the phone outright and pay monthly for a service only SIM.

I found the most cost effective method for me was to buy the phone myself (wanted Samsung) and enter into a SIM only deal on a rolling monthly contract.

I found the best PAYG to be 1p Mobile, the best handset/SIM deal to be from Tesco and the best SIM only with Lebara at £2.50 per month (£4.38 average over 12 months)

If you plug your requirements into this independent site, it will tell you the best deals available:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/

You'll soon see that the best deals are not from the better known companies (including Virgin Mobile), but with the lesser know companies who don't tend to use those dreadful (but cheap for them) offshore call centres. Messing me about & being rude to me was the best thing that Virgin Mobile staff ever did for me as it prompted me to end my inertia and look at what else was out there and i'm saving a lot of money

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 09-05-2021 at 20:59. Reason: Spelling.
Old 09-05-2021, 21:22   #14
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Nothing worse than people being rude and abrasive on the phone…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 12:15   #15
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Our daughter had an Unlimited SIM that was £20pm to start with, but gradually rose to £28.45pm over the years.

A couple of months ago, she was invited to change to £25pm plan. She did that, and last month her bill dropped to £25pm.

She has just received her next bill, and it's gone up to £28pm!!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote