Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tried to use DD-WRT on my WRT610N =(bricked)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tried to use DD-WRT on my WRT610N =(bricked)

Old 24-11-2012, 08:05   #16
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Tried to use DD-WRT on my WRT610N =(bricked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Yeah your first post says what file you downloaded, it doesn't tell me what build number is in that file.

There's a good reason I dislike both DD-WRT and Broadcom devices...
When he left my house last night it seemed to be up and running

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2012, 11:20   #17
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yeah your first post says what file you downloaded, it doesn't tell me what build number is in that file.

There's a good reason I dislike both DD-WRT and Broadcom devices...
Hi Qas, Ive now got a working router thanks to Sirius ,

I dont always undertsand the technical jargon so you will have to bear with me, (how do I tell what build I'm using ?)

So far I've managed to extract my Sky username and password from the Sagemcom router, input the line of code into the Linksys telling it the username and password but as yet it wont connect to the net.

Craigj2K12 sent me the destructions on how to do this last night, (big thanks by the way) in a very easy to follow way, which I followed to the letter but no no joy.

I can connect to the router now wirelessly/wired no probs but just no internet activity, I will post the instuctions I followed once craig gives me the OK to do so, for those in the know to look over and hopefully point me in the right direction.

In terms of build, I'm now not sure which one Sirius put on it last night but if you know how I can check this out, by all means let me know and I will get back with the releavant info.

Now Ive come this far I want to see it through to the bitter end and ditch this sagemcom door stop

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
When he left my house last night it seemed to be up and running
Big Thanks again Sirius, and for doing it so quickly

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Qas, just had a quick dig and saw the build is (14929) if that helps
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 11:32   #18
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

dd-wrt is held together by string.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 11:43   #19
pabscars
Inactive

pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66 View Post

Cheers for that
Old 24-11-2012, 12:00   #20
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

if you ever think of updating it check the ddwrt forum for other people who've done it first.
brainslayer seems unable to fix stuff without breaking other parts.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 15:26   #21
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
if you ever think of updating it check the ddwrt forum for other people who've done it first.
He must work on Superhub firmware in his spare time.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 00:56   #22
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Qas, just had a quick dig and saw the build is (14929) if that helps
Ah OK.

That's quite old but should be moderately stable. Not tried it on Broadcom though, I only use DD-WRT on the DIR-615 these days, so it might be less than stable on yours...

AFAIK that build came out well before anyone understood MER and probably doesn't support the required protocol (unless you've custom-modded it...) to work on Sky.

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

Quote:
That'll be why I use Openwrt for any serious work these days

---------- Post added at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
In terms of build, I'm now not sure which one Sirius put on it last night but if you know how I can check this out, by all means let me know and I will get back with the releavant info.
For reference it should be in the title bar when you open any page on the web interface, or for those stupid browsers without a title bar, if you click the absolute top right where it says e.g. "Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std" you'll get the same info.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 22:43   #23
pabscars
Inactive

Quote:
Ah OK.

That's quite old but should be moderately stable. Not tried it on Broadcom though, I only use DD-WRT on the DIR-615 these days, so it might be less than stable on yours...

AFAIK that build came out well before anyone understood MER and probably doesn't support the required protocol (unless you've custom-modded it...) to work on Sky.

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

That'll be why I use Openwrt for any serious work these days

---------- Post added at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

For reference it should be in the title bar when you open any page on the web interface, or for those stupid browsers without a title bar, if you click the absolute top right where it says e.g. "Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std" you'll get the same info.
Hi qas, thanks for the info, I changed build to 18946M but its still not working
Old 25-11-2012, 23:14   #24
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Must be good string then, its been holding my modem together for almost two years.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 02:19   #25
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Modem? DD-WRT runs on modems now?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58   #26
pabscars
Inactive

Hi Guys and Gals, I have been trying via PM to craigj to get my router (WRT610N) working with DD-WRT on my Sky Fibre broadband. Craig even posted it on another site asking for help but to no avail.

I'm now out of my depth and asking for help in getting it working (if it's possible)

Below are the steps I took in order to try and get it working

Quote:
1) You want to find your username and password, you do this by visiting this website
http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc
Select the Sagem F@ST router
Then input the info from your sagemcom router (its LAN MAC address and default wireless password)

Keep this page open while you go to step 2...

2) Find which interface DDWRT has assigned to your routers WAN port, this can be found on the networking page (under Setup -> Networking)

The information you are looking for is "WAN Port Assignment", this is under the section "Port Setup" - you want to take note of which interface is in the drop down box (my case it is "vlan2")

3) Go to DDWRT's commands page (Under administration -> commands) then copy the following code, replacing necessary parts:

Code:
killall udhcpc

/usr/sbin/udhcpc -i vlan2 -V "6.14.1aN_UNI|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0" -c "UUUUUUUUUU@skydsl|PPPPPPPPPPPPPP" -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc &
vlan2 - change this to match the information found in step 2

UUUUUUUUUU@skydsl - change this to match the PPP Username found in step 1

PPPPPPPPPPPPPP - change this to match the PPP Password found in step 1

4) Click the "Save Startup" button

5) Power cycle both modem and router and all should be working
Ive double no tripple checked Ive done everything correctly but the router just refuses to play ball.

After a while and a reply off qas, it was realised I'd used the wrong DD-WRT build so this one was used

Quote:
Looking at the DDWRT wiki for the WRT610N, you want an eko 'big' build - this one should do the trick:

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/...ig-wrt610n.bin
But it still won't connect to the internet.

craig then asked me to check something by running

Quote:
Then if you could run the command "ps" in the command shell (shows what services are currently running)
Below is what was obtained from that (means nothing to me).

Quote:
Ok I did what you asked and tried to run the code in the command shell, and the router page just hangs and requires a reboot to get it back to a usable condition, I ran the ps in the command shell and have copied and pasted below.

Enjoy

PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND
1 root 1688 S /sbin/init noinitrd
2 root 0 SW [keventd]
3 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
4 root 0 SW [kswapd]
5 root 0 SW [bdflush]
6 root 0 SW [kupdated]
10 root 0 SW [mtdblockd]
16 root 2068 S watchdog
234 root 1444 S telnetd
254 root 1144 S dnsmasq --conf-file=/tmp/dnsmasq.conf
261 root 2020 S wland
268 root 1028 S cron
316 root 1912 S ttraff
334 root 1928 S nas -P /tmp/nas.wl0lan.pid -H 34954 -l br0 -i eth0 -
345 root 2828 S startservice_f run_rc_startup
348 root 1444 S sh -c /tmp/.rc_startup
350 root 1444 S {.rc_startup} /bin/sh /tmp/.rc_startup
365 root 1028 S /usr/sbin/udhcpc -i vlan2 -V 6.14.1a4N_UNI|PCBAFAST2
563 root 3292 S httpd -p 80
580 root 2024 S resetbutton
661 root 1448 R sh -c alias ping='ping -c 3'; eval "ps" > /tmp/ping.
662 root 1448 R sh -c alias ping='ping -c 3'; eval "ps" > /tmp/ping.
663 root 1448 R ps

Which according to craigj then narrowed it down to the udhpc service causing the router to crash, again it all goes over my head but we just can't get beyond this.

I appreciate this is a long shot but could the more technical peeps amongst us cast their eyes over this and see if they can spot anything.
Old 12-12-2012, 16:29   #27
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Bear in mind I haven't actually got round to doing this, however I have researched it.

I am wondering if you have got this section correct:

"Code:
killall udhcpc

/usr/sbin/udhcpc -i vlan2 -V "6.14.1aN_UNI|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0" -c "UUUUUUUUUU@skydsl|PPPPPPPPPPPPPP" -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc &
vlan2 - change this to match the information found in step 2"

The ampersand signifies that the line of code is not complete and continues on the next line. Is this symble in the right position? Try it with and without any spaces.

Do you need the empty line between killall udhcpc and /usr/sbin.........
Try it without
Old 12-12-2012, 17:37   #28
pabscars
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Bear in mind I haven't actually got round to doing this, however I have researched it.

I am wondering if you have got this section correct:

"Code:
killall udhcpc

vlan2 - change this to match the information found in step 2"

The ampersand signifies that the line of code is not complete and continues on the next line. Is this symble in the right position? Try it with and without any spaces.

Do you need the empty line between killall udhcpc and /usr/sbin.........
Try it without
Interesting Mick, I like your thinking, well it's easy enough to try it, so I will have a dabble after tea and report back.

I don't know if the space between killall udhcpc and /usr/sbin......... is required so I will just try removing it.

Re the (&) : I have tried with it removed completely, but not without removing just the spaces, so I will also give it a whirl.

Much obliged sir
Old 12-12-2012, 18:37   #29
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Good luck
Old 12-12-2012, 20:10   #30
pabscars
Inactive

Well I tried your suggestions Mick but it still wouldnt establish a connection to the wan, I also ran the command "ps" again in the command shell for your perusal..

Quote:
PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND
1 root 1688 S /sbin/init noinitrd
2 root 0 SW [keventd]
3 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
4 root 0 SW [kswapd]
5 root 0 SW [bdflush]
6 root 0 SW [kupdated]
10 root 0 SW [mtdblockd]
16 root 2068 S watchdog
234 root 1444 S telnetd
254 root 1144 S dnsmasq --conf-file=/tmp/dnsmasq.conf
261 root 2020 S wland
268 root 1028 S cron
292 root 1028 S udhcpc -i vlan2 -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcp
306 root 1912 S ttraff
330 root 1928 S nas -P /tmp/nas.wl0lan.pid -H 34954 -l br0 -i eth0 -
565 root 3268 S httpd -p 80
572 root 2024 S resetbutton
668 root 1944 S process_monitor
737 root 1448 S sh -c alias ping='ping -c 3'; eval "ps" > /tmp/ping.
738 root 1440 R sh -c /sbin/ledtool 1
739 root 1448 R ps

I'm not sure if anything can be gleaned from this

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

Just for kick's heres what the start up command looks like now..

Quote:
killall udhcpc/usr/sbin/udhcpc -i vlan2 -V "6.14.1a4N_UNI|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0" -c "uuuuuuuuuuuu@skydsl|ppppppppppppppp" -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc&
Obviously Ive removed my username and password