Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What to watch

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What to watch

Old 14-01-2012, 23:10   #1
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Question What to watch

Looking for some ideas as what to watch series wise.
Something along the sci-fi/police drama/action/horror/gothic route.
Seen quite a lot of stuff over the years but obviously not all of what is available.

Open to suggestions!

Cheers

Al
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2012, 23:18   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: What to watch

Homeland
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Shameless US
Southland
Justified
Spartacus: Blood and Sand (then watch Gods of The Arena)
American Horror Story
Blue Bloods
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 17:56   #3
fatmat8
cf.addict

Services: ntl
fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough

suggest u just watch the comercials !
fatmat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 18:14   #4
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmat8 View Post
suggest u just watch the comercials !
Only wants to make me spend money I dont have!

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Homeland Not my barrow!
Boardwalk Empire Not my barrow!
Breaking Bad Not my barrow!
Shameless US Prefer UK version!
Southland Will look at this
Justified Will look at this
Spartacus: Blood and Sand (then watch Gods of The Arena) Got these but not watched yet!
American Horror Story watched & enjoyed
Blue Bloods Not my barrow!
Thanks for the suggestions
Old 16-01-2012, 18:25   #5
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

and
The wire (Sky atlantic)
sons of anachy (5USA)
Sherlock (bbc1)
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 19:59   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Only wants to make me spend money I dont have!

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Thanks for the suggestions
Justified is excellent.

Have you watched - and disliked - Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, and Breaking Bad, or have you dismissed them without watching them? Former: Fair enough. Latter: Give them a go!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 18:05   #7
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
and
The wire (Sky atlantic)
sons of anachy (5USA)
Sherlock (bbc1)
Watched; The Wire & SoA Currently watching SoA from S1
Sherlock dont float my boat unfortunately (watched first series)

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Justified is excellent.

Have you watched - and disliked - Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, and Breaking Bad, or have you dismissed them without watching them? Former: Fair enough. Latter: Give them a go!
Boardwalk Empire & Breaking Bad I have seen the first ep of both, will take a look at Homeland although the IMDB write-up didnt fill me with confidence but happy to take a look
Old 17-01-2012, 18:20   #8
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Watched; The Wire & SoA Currently watching SoA from S1
Sherlock dont float my boat unfortunately (watched first series)

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Boardwalk Empire & Breaking Bad I have seen the first ep of both, will take a look at Homeland although the IMDB write-up didnt fill me with confidence but happy to take a look
Don't rely on just 1 episode of boardwalk empire

I actually wasn't sure if season 2 would float my boat, and recorded it...now catching up, and enjoying 2 episodes a day

Breaking bad was ok
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 18:27   #9
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

As Colin said, don't just rely on one episode.

Boardwalk Empire is brilliant stuff.

Breaking Bad is amazing. I've just finished the second season.

Homeland was the best new show of the season, and deservedly won the recent Golden Globes for Best TV Drama and Best Actress in a TV Drama (Claire Danes).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 19:28   #10
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Breaking Bad is by far the best show currently on television
Boardwalk Empire bored me 2 episodes into season 2, I gave up.

To add to the shows already mentioned:

Fringe
The Walking Dead
Castle
White Collar
Breakout Kings

For a bit if comedy:

Community
Parks and Recreations
Arrested Develepment
Chuck
Modern Family

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 22:45   #11
alferret
cf.mega poster

My wife found a new one called Once upon a time, slept through the last 10 mins but what I did see was watchable. Snow white & the crew