Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 26-05-2005, 18:53   #121
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by allieyoung666
I liked it, it reminded me of hitchhikers, but not funny, kinda cool of though, as fartysmartblasts earth 2 but without the vogons!
What
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2005, 18:54   #122
allieyoung666
Permanently Banned

Services: whats that??
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze age
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze age

Only joking I liked it !!!!!!!
allieyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 03:54   #123
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
thanks for that Dilli, July release, by the looks of it - another example of a show with huge potential being prematurely axed by the network. The Terrians have to be the coolest alien race ever - how they can axe stuff like that, but show crÃÃâ€*’©pe like 'Dead like Me', I just don't know...
Oi, Dead Like Me is fantastic

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 12:32   #124
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Buxom Woman came back with Forbidden planet on video for me this morning (£1.50 at the local market)....

One of my fave oldies

Of course i'm copying it over to DVD right now
Old 27-05-2005, 12:44   #125
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Oi, Dead Like Me is fantastic
each to their own, I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Buxom Woman came back with Forbidden planet on video for me this morning (£1.50 at the local market)....

One of my fave oldies

Of course i'm copying it over to DVD right now
one of my faves, too, 'monsters from the id', I love it - and there is Anne Francis, also
Old 27-05-2005, 12:47   #126
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
each to their own, I guess

one of my faves, too, 'monsters from the id', I love it - and there is Anne Francis, also
I do like some oldies (all of which I managed to get on dvd)

War of the Worlds

The Day the Earth Stood Still

When Worlds Collide - (Looking for a copy of the sequel novel [after worlds collide - if anyones got it])
Old 28-05-2005, 01:45   #127
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Did anyone used to watch a show called "Now And Again"?

It used to be on ITV1 late at night. It starred Dennis Haysbert (black president from 24)

I missed the very beginning so I don't know the exact plot, but AFAIK it was something like this: A man died in an accident, and the US government managed to preserve his brain and implanted it into a bio-engineered body so he had vast amounts of strength and speed. The US government use him to catch hard to get criminals and such. Haysbert plays his handler. He still remembers his old life, so he is forced to have no contact with his widow and kid, and eventually, he convinces his handler to let him meet her and they get to know each other again. I know it sounds like a rip off of Robocop, but it really isn't. It had a bit of everything in it. Action, humour, drama, love.

I wish they'd bring it out on DVD again. I loved watching that show.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 08:58   #128
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Did anyone used to watch a show called "Now And Again"?

It used to be on ITV1 late at night. It starred Dennis Haysbert (black president from 24)

I missed the very beginning so I don't know the exact plot, but AFAIK it was something like this: A man died in an accident, and the US government managed to preserve his brain and implanted it into a bio-engineered body so he had vast amounts of strength and speed. The US government use him to catch hard to get criminals and such. Haysbert plays his handler. He still remembers his old life, so he is forced to have no contact with his widow and kid, and eventually, he convinces his handler to let him meet her and they get to know each other again. I know it sounds like a rip off of Robocop, but it really isn't. It had a bit of everything in it. Action, humour, drama, love.

I wish they'd bring it out on DVD again. I loved watching that show.
I remember it-another fairly ok series cancelled..possibly because it had a man with a great body as the lead...now if it had been a woman or rather a teenage girl with a great bod it would have lasted for another couple of series at least...

Cynical?Me?
Old 28-05-2005, 09:06   #129
allieyoung666
Permanently Banned

Services: whats that??
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze age
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze age

I love the old battlestar, but I cannot stand the new one as it is totally crap and full of sex, the old one was just retro and really cool!
allieyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 09:48   #130
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
I love the old battlestar, but I cannot stand the new one as it is totally crap and full of sex, the old one was just retro and really cool!
The new one was still better than Galactica 1980!!!

I must admit I thought the new one was too slow. And not enough of the new cylons.

I got the impression that they rushed through the series without having the effects finished off properly.

And what the hell was with the end of the season?

I've got the original series box set and must admit I enjoy watching that more than the new one. Although I'll no doubt give the new one another go when the new season starts.
Old 28-05-2005, 12:13   #131
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Sorry, but the old one was terrible IMO.

Dire plots, corny dialogue, cute kids, a pantomime villain...

At least in the new one they've paid some attention to plotting and the characters seem like *real* people.

I gave up on the old one but I'll stick with the new one.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 15:40   #132
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Dire plots, corny dialogue, cute kids, a pantomime villain...
Sounds like you're talking about Revenge of the Sith!
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 00:22   #133
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Does anyone remember an old TV comedy show called "Out Of This World", in the late eighties? It featured this teenage girl who had an alien father and he used to talk to her through this weird chrystal pyrimid in her bedroom. I haven't seen that since I was a sprog. I'd love to see it again.

I wish some of these shows were easier to get on DVD.
Old 06-06-2005, 00:29   #134
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I remember that

She could control time, IIRC?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 00:36   #135
punky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
I remember that

She could control time, IIRC?
I think so... I think her old man gave her like a new special power now and again. Bit hard to remember, I don't think I have seen it since I was 8.

I remember the song though, weirdly enough (well the first line anyway)

"Would you like to swing to on a star..."

I can't really remember the next two lines, but I think the forsth was "Or would you rather visit earth". Or something.