Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Christmas 2020

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Christmas 2020

Old 18-11-2020, 18:28   #1
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Christmas 2020

With just 36 shopping days to Christmas (if you can shop that is), I wonder what it will be like this year?

Just before my mum came home we were planning a Dinner with the 3 of us Mum, Dad & me, the smallest turkey I could find as I don't eat it.

But then she died and then my dad and & planned to go around my sisters as we have done in recent years.

With the potential of Christmas Day being my dad and I we were thinking is it worth putting up the tree and trimming and not even getting a turkey.

But there is now a chance we get 5 days to spend with family.

At lunchtime today I said to my dad that mum would be giving us a slap in the head and telling us put the bloom tree and trimming up, which we will do.

If Christmas is just us two then I have a steak for him for dinner.

It looks like NYE will be another lonely affair, I was talking to my sister this morning, and we are looking at a Skype NYE party.

The only spirit I have ATM is my 18 different bottles of vodka.

Last edited by Hom3r; 18-11-2020 at 18:33.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-11-2020, 19:31   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Christmas 2020

It's going to be a difficult time for a lot of people Hom3r. So many empty seats and and no hugs from those we love.

John and I will be having Christmas on our own this year and our family have decided we are all going to sit down together and have a Zoom meal. We will all have the same meal and be able to toast each other as well as missing friends and family as usual. I will probably end up in tears but knowing they have arranged all this for us will be the highlight of our Chrismas.
Old 18-11-2020, 19:41   #3
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I agree it will be different, but after the year we've had we're just going to make the most of what we've got. Priorities and perspective has really come into play this year for us and not just because of Covid.
Old 18-11-2020, 20:41   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

We will be the same as last year.

Tree and lights will go up the first weekend of December (probably Sunday 6th) and come down after New Years day.

Xmas dinner will be Turkey + the usual trimmings, with myself, wife, daughters and my Mum.

I love Xmas Time.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 22:39   #5
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

my missus and i were talking about it, and it may work out better for us!

normally, our household has a christmas dinner Christmas eve.

Christmas day, late morning we go to my parents, the kids get presents, we have Christmas dinner, then the missus spends teh afternoon looking at her watch asking if we can go yet.

Boxing day, late morning we go to her mum's kids get presents, i spend the afternoon playing on my phone asking if we can go yet

this year we can just have christmas day at home, just me, the missus and the kids, me and missus staring at our phones, them tablets or laptops

we'll be happier, less stressful, no pretending to be happy to spend most of day with in laws.

my parents, and her parents will be happy, cos they won't be moaning how the gas pressure is low, so the roast potatoes, meat etc won't cook, and how they can't fit food for everyone in oven, dining room isn't big enough etc

we all live in same town, but I reckon there will be a lot of ppl v happy to not have to drive to other end of country to see the other half's relatives

I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl will be breaking the rules, a friends father died recently, so I'm pretty sure her mum will be visiting them over Christmas, actually, since they're a single person now, that's ok i guess?
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 04:30   #6
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I havent liked christmas for many years because its all ugly now and bland.....

I remember when we used to have beautiful cioloured C7 bulbs and outside alot of houses had C9 bulbs and now its just so ugly I cant stand it...... This is not christmas to me......
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 11:11   #7
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Not sure what is happening this year. I was planning a fish dinner for a few friends a week or so before Christmas and this year would be turn of my mum to join us. We'd have local relatives over on Boxing day.
We did invite a single lady we are in a sort of bubble with for Christmas but she's declined.
BUT
We will still celebrate the birth of Jesus whatever and whoever we are with. It may be a small duck just us or a bigger bird with others. Nice wine, good food.
Our timetable for Christmas day (both my wife and I came from families with same plan so continuing was easy)
Wake up and open stocking pressies on our bed.
Breakfast
Church
Coffee, snacks, drinkies
Lunch
Nap ??!!!!
Main pressies
Nap