Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Error With Bills & Profile.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Help, how do I get through to VM to discuss reducing my bill at the current time?

Old 30-10-2020, 14:14   #1
carrieann
cf.member

Services: NTL: TV + Family Pack, 2MB Broadband, Landline
carrieann is on a distinguished roadcarrieann is on a distinguished road
Help, how do I get through to VM to discuss reducing my bill at the current time?

(I posted this on a different thread but it was probably not the correct one).

Hi, I don't know which thread to post this in, but I hope someone can help me plse?

I have been with VM for many years and my contract is up in about 10 days. If I don't contact VM before then my monthly bill will go up by £10.

The trouble is, with everything that's going on, I can't get through to them on the phone! I've chosen the option I always choose, which is 'thinking of leaving' but I'm just held on the phone. Yesterday I tried and gave up after about 50 minutes, I'm currently on hold again but I can see that I'm not going to get through.

Does anyone have any advice for trying to sort it out and get my bill down? I've done this for many years over the phone where I've usually got a good deal, but now I'm stuck

TIA
carrieann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-10-2020, 15:17   #2
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help, how do I get through to VM to discuss reducing my bill at the current time?

That is a long wait. There are messages in My Virgin Media saying some of there call centres are still closed. Phone lines will be busier at lunchtime and early evening. I'd suggest trying mid-afternoon or mid-morning, the wait to get through should be shorter.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 15:37   #3
carrieann
cf.member

Re: Help, how do I get through to VM to discuss reducing my bill at the current time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
That is a long wait. There are messages in My Virgin Media saying some of there call centres are still closed. Phone lines will be busier at lunchtime and early evening. I'd suggest trying mid-afternoon or mid-morning, the wait to get through should be shorter.
Thank you for your reply, I've tried various times of the day but unfortunately no joy. Yes I understand it's a different situation at the moment with covid but I don't know what I'm supposed to do, it's really annoying as I can't afford to stay on the current tariff.
Old 30-10-2020, 15:38   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The community forum suggests ringing as soon after 8am as possible.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 16:05   #5
carrieann
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The community forum suggests ringing as soon after 8am as possible.
Thank you so much
Old 30-10-2020, 16:13   #6
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I've been phoning them a few times this week as they can't seem to get my new deal correct on my account. Most days I've got through after about 10 minutes but today it took 35. Try phoning early in the morning as previously mentioned.

I have heard of some people waiting to get through for well over an hour.

On the plus side, I have gotten through to someone in the UK every time I've called this week.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 16:50   #7
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

I was in exactly the same situation a couple of weeks ago with the added problem I can't use the phone because of hearing problems so I got my lad to ring but he was not prepared to hold on for the estimated hour.

Somehow (and I can't remember quite how) he was given a number to send a text to (or did they text him?). At first this was a robot who couldn't understand my message but passed it to a human being. She could only quote me a ridiculous price for what I had now but said she would pass it to retentions but it may take some time for them to reply.

The next day, retentions sent a text and I managed to get my excellent current deal renewed for just £2 more per month for 18 months. This was later confirmed by email.

A satisfactory conclusion.
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 18:13   #8
carrieann
cf.member

I managed to get through eventually, many thanks for your replies. Very helpful, friendly man who has managed to give me a good deal. Like you, oliver, I have a hearing problem (tinnitus) and using the phone aggravates it, even on hands free, so I was worried about hanging on for too long.