Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings has resigned

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings has resigned

Old 13-11-2020, 21:05   #31
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Dominic Cummings has resigned

Amazing! So Cummings and Cain were trying to pin it on Carrie Symonds and someone ratted them out!

So Cain/Cummings leaked Cain would be Chief of Staff and that his partner was against it so that if he wasn't appointed it would look like Johnson is making decisions based on the orders of his wife!

Also, if true, how nasty is Cummings? Johnson spent a lot of political capital keeping Cummings in the post after his little drive and he does this to him.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2020, 21:10   #32
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Amazing! So Cummings and Cain were trying to pin it on Carrie Symonds and someone ratted them out!

So Cain/Cummings leaked Cain would be Chief of Staff and that his partner was against it so that if he wasn't appointed it would look like Johnson is making decisions based on the orders of his wife!

Also, if true, how nasty is Cummings? Johnson spent a lot of political capital keeping Cummings in the post after his little drive and he does this to him.
Cummings is very nasty and his eyesight is suspect.

Boris is just incompetent. I can cope with that as long as he's not in charge of a country in the middle of a pandemic and about to commit economic suicide on our behalf.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 21:25   #33
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

That is probably the situation but the FT article suggests Carrie Symonds was genuinely against Cain becoming Chief of Staff.
"Mr Johnson showed the aides text messages that had been forwarded to Ms Symonds, who opposed Mr Cain’s appointment as chief of staff, to show they had briefed against her."
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 21:29   #34
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Carrie's a nice name isn't it? I think so
The power behind the blob?
Old 13-11-2020, 21:49   #35
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Carrie's a nice name isn't it? I think so
It was one of my favourite films back in my teens.
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 21:59   #36
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Back in the days when horror films were any good.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

It's ironic that Johnson doesn't like it when others do it to him.

I wonder if this means he's going to soften his views on the EU, obviously not leaving as that's taken place, but on co-operation going forward??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 22:04   #37
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Peston just tweeted saying a source still within government, the Carrie stuff is untrue.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 22:06   #38
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Yes a good one but a bit too much blood for me in the finale....
Old 13-11-2020, 22:06   #39
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Peston just tweeted saying a source still within government, the Carrie stuff is untrue.
If this isn't true, I wonder what happened for Johnson to boot him out? I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 22:19   #40
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Spitting Image Goodbye Dominic https://bit.ly/3ptGY6c
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 22:50   #41
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I'm guessing there will be something in his blog in due course and I'm sure the Sunday newspapers will have a lot of coverage too.
Old 13-11-2020, 22:53   #42
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm guessing there will be something in his blog in due course and I'm sure the Sunday newspapers will have a lot of coverage too.
If he's serving his notice at home he's probably going to be quiet for 4 weeks or so.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 23:06   #43
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Ann Widdecombe reckons it over brexit as Johnson dont want a no deal according to her but the truth will out eventually
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 23:26   #44
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If he's serving his notice at home he's probably going to be quiet for 4 weeks or so.
For anyone else, I would agree with you. But Dom may follow his own rules.
Old 13-11-2020, 23:46   #45
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
For anyone else, I would agree with you. But Dom may follow his own rules.
He's a clever guy and there's plenty of money for him to make in politics. Pissing on your former boss to the Sunday papers at the first opportunity isn't a good look.

I disagree with him about most things but if/when he exerts revenge on Boris I'd expect it to be further down the line, indirect and politically motivated.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote