Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2020, 14:36   #8236
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
hahah blooming heck what did i miss here. I wish i could post the "boy that escalated quick" GIF.

I've got a yearly subscription to apple tv for free. havent really given it a go. Is it any good?
Did you buy one of Apple's products, Vince?
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2020, 14:44   #8237
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
hahah blooming heck what did i miss here. I wish i could post the "boy that escalated quick" GIF.

I've got a yearly subscription to apple tv for free. havent really given it a go. Is it any good?
Not watched much on it but Ted Lasso is a real surprise... everything about it screams disaster but it just works. Beastie Boys Movie is a treat but probably more for fans (same with the Springsteen doc) and On The Rocks is a nice little movie. Going to try and watch a few more things if I can over the next year or so while I have it for free...
Old 16-11-2020, 14:47   #8238
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Not watched much on it but Ted Lasso is a real surprise... everything about it screams disaster but it just works. Beastie Boys Movie is a treat but probably more for fans (same with the Springsteen doc) and On The Rocks is a nice little movie. Going to try and watch a few more things if I can over the next year or so while I have it for free...
Yeah, I had a quick look at that, looks pretty good imo.
Old 17-11-2020, 23:18   #8239
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Did you buy one of Apple's products, Vince?
well technically i just got a new phone contract with o2 but i suppose that counts as getting their products!
Old 19-11-2020, 17:03   #8240
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Anyone tried Discovery + yet ? I noticed its shown up on my Sky Q box today but I've not yet activated the years free trial.
Old 19-11-2020, 17:42   #8241
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Anyone tried Discovery + yet ? I noticed its shown up on my Sky Q box today but I've not yet activated the years free trial.
I've activated it you can log in via other devices too once set up, i watched a bit of discovery channel live on my shield and quality is pretty good.
Old 19-11-2020, 17:58   #8242
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Is it decent picture quality ?
Old 19-11-2020, 18:27   #8243
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I've only looked at the Savile documentary so far which is mainly old footage.

Some people seem to be having problems activating it with the free 12 months on SkyQ but it worked fine here using my phone.

Quote:
Old 19-11-2020, 19:45   #8244
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Is it decent picture quality ?
Yeah i watched on a 43inch LG tv and pic quality was superb looked HD to me.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I've only looked at the Savile documentary so far which is mainly old footage.

Some people seem to be having problems activating it with the free 12 months on SkyQ but it worked fine here using my phone.
I had issues at first but waited a couple of hours and i got it activated no problem.
Old 25-11-2020, 15:24   #8245
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Entertainment One agrees new Sky Cinema deal

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...y-cinema-deal/
Old 25-11-2020, 16:04   #8246
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Interesting one this as Entertainment One were one of the first U.K. distributors to set an exclusive deal with a streamer back in 2011 when they signed a deal with Lovefilm which eventually became Amazon Prime.

With the ever diminishing Disney catalogue and fewer theatrical releases coming from the major studios, this is a big win for Sky especially in terms of the catalogue which should add a fair number of older movies that never appeared on Sky due to EOne’s Amazon first window & Netflix second window deals such as Looper & Now You See Me which are already on the service.
Old 25-11-2020, 17:18   #8247
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:

That'll please OB and his theories lol.
Old 27-11-2020, 11:11   #8248
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

​There's some good Black Friday deals to be had on Now TV and i've just read that Netflix can be had for £3.50 A month for Sky subscribers!
Old 27-11-2020, 11:38   #8249
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
​There's some good Black Friday deals to be had on Now TV
Where did you find those?
Can you share them please? I can't find any decent Black Friday deals for Now TV
Old 27-11-2020, 13:45   #8250
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Where did you find those?
Can you share them please? I can't find any decent Black Friday deals for Now TV
Be in your nowtv account under offers cinema £6.99p/m entertainment £4.99p/m sport £20p/m

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
​There's some good Black Friday deals to be had on Now TV and i've just read that Netflix can be had for £3.50 A month for Sky subscribers!
Netflix is £5p/m through sky, there is a offer though if you take cinema and Netflix together not sure what it is as i already have Cinema for £3.50p/m.
Netflix i only pat £2.45p/m anyway as used a Turkish vpn to sign up.