Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 18-08-2019, 16:59   #1621
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Possibly nothing...but there are two HD streams on TSid104 (CO33) on DigitalBitRate. One currently with a screengrab of BBC News (or another BBC channel simulcasting it), that started on 13th according to my reading of the graph, the other with Ideal World, which has a graph line only starting today (15th).

The odd thing about all this is that TSid104 has now been removed from the whole VM network overnight according to, the much more knowledgeable than me on this subject, jj20x on Forumbox. He was saying the migration of services completed from that multiplex with the moving of two versions of ITV HD. So what DBR is showing doesn't make a lot of sense.

Looking further down the DBR page there is evidence of the changes jj20x mentions on Forumbox. There are now two versions of TSid 102 (CO57 & CO59). On one version there used to be two versions of ITV, ITV+1,ITV HD, C4, C4+1, C4 HD, C4 AD. Half of those have shut on the CO57 version, but a new ITV HD has been added.

All these removals on CO57 mentioned above have moved to CO59, along with a new version of ITV Wales HD. JJ20X had been talking recently about VM dealing with regional differences in the network in Manchester and Wrexham and this seems to be it. They both have been split into two separate versions of the same multiplex, where they both used to be mostly crammed onto the one multiplex, with another being used for the overspill.

Obviously this all only affects a few VM customers, those in those two regions, but they will have to re-add their Favourites presumably, though I'm guessing it's the mostly customers who get the Wrexham region.
CO33 was broadcasting an channel named ITV HD (We forgot the name of the other one but that screengrab is BBC ONE) the last week until Virgin moved them to other streams (CO).

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

(sans nom - PID10402) - Was ITV HD
(sans nom - PID10407) - Was BBC One HD
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2019, 17:53   #1622
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
CO33 was broadcasting an channel named ITV HD (We forgot the name of the other one but that screengrab is BBC ONE) the last week until Virgin moved them to other streams (CO).

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

(sans nom - PID10402) - Was ITV HD
(sans nom - PID10407) - Was BBC One HD
I know, I said that (or thought I was ) but used different words. My point was that that Tsid104 multiplex wasn't meant to be showing any more. And the graphs indicated the streams had just started on 13/15th. I just thought the whole thing was odd given none of it should have been showing up based on my understanding of the moves done.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 18-08-2019 at 17:56.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 19:06   #1623
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I know, I said that (or thought I was ) but used different words. My point was that that Tsid104 multiplex wasn't meant to be showing any more. And the graphs indicated the streams had just started on 13/15th. I just thought the whole thing was odd given none of it should have been showing up based on my understanding of the moves done.
The channels did not appeared in one day (Info from JJ20X and Forum Box) it happen over three days (Tuesday to Thursday.

Due to ITV being an so called local channel is best to keep your eyes on Forum Box and JJ20X for info on ITV HD Channels as DRB is just lists BBC One North West area (Liverpool).
Old 18-08-2019, 22:38   #1624
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The channels did not appeared in one day (Info from JJ20X and Forum Box) it happen over three days (Tuesday to Thursday.

Due to ITV being an so called local channel is best to keep your eyes on Forum Box and JJ20X for info on ITV HD Channels as DRB is just lists BBC One North West area (Liverpool).
I didn't say one day, hence "13/15th".

I have been reading JJ20X on Forumbox, I said that was why it was interesting the differences.
Old 19-08-2019, 00:50   #1625
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I see JJ20X has addressed what I was on about on Forumbox 45 minutes ago. I'm happy to draw a line under it.

Ghost data ain't half pesky. VM need some proton packs!
Old 19-08-2019, 09:49   #1626
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

The "Ghost data" for BBC Two England, BBC One Scotland, BBC One and Two Wales, BBC One and Two N. Ireland, BBC Four and BBC News will be removed after December 4th. (Virgin did reveal you has one year to watch your any BBC Shows when they was axing them to give their slots to BBC HD Channels.)

The rest was moved when BBC Scotland HD was launched.
Old 19-08-2019, 10:07   #1627
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

JJ20X on Forumbox has posted that Sky Select HD has swapped with Sky Premiere +1 on the EPG. I've not had a chance to check.

So channel numbers 402 and 412 are swapping places.

----------

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

---------
Now this may be nothing, it could be DigitalBitRate not working, or simply me misinterpreting it....but all 4 versions of the multiplex that dealt with what I believed to be the Legacy VOD system may have been switched off or removed or something, overnight. There have been four versions of TSid 22113 on CO48, CO49, CO50 and CO51 and all of them haven't been updated on DBR this morning.
Old 19-08-2019, 10:38   #1628
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Have swapped places.

Quote:
JJ20X on Forumbox has posted that Sky Select HD has swapped with Sky Premiere +1 on the EPG. I've not had a chance to check.

So channel numbers 402 and 412 are swapping places.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 19:13   #1629
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Getting a little fed up of having to continually update my favourites list when VM change the channel numbers
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 10:27   #1630
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

RXTVlog on Twitter is saying Sky is launching two new channels, Sky Crime in October 2019 and Sky Comedy in February 2020.

Literally just read this so I'll see if I can see more.

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

They've posted the story to their website now.
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/08/sky-...rtainment.html
Old 21-08-2019, 10:34   #1631
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l wonder if they will be two new channels just exclusive to Sky like Sky Atlantic?.
Old 21-08-2019, 10:42   #1632
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l wonder if they will be two new channels just exclusive to Sky like Sky Atlantic?.
The article has said some have speculated they may be replacements for Sky2 and Real Lives.

I find it odd a new crime channel is starting, given the how multiple channels exist and have even closed, suggesting the fad has either passed or the market is saturated.
Old 21-08-2019, 10:52   #1633
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
The article has said some have speculated they may be replacements for Sky2 and Real Lives.

I find it odd a new crime channel is starting, given the how multiple channels exist and have even closed, suggesting the fad has either passed or the market is saturated.
Yes we shall know soon enough if they are replacements for Sky2 and Real Lives or they are two more new channels.
Old 21-08-2019, 11:10   #1634
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

The Sky press release here
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 11:26   #1635
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Some snippets from the various sites regarding the 2 new Sky channels.

Quote:
It is worth noting that many of the shows featured on Sky Comedy currently are broadcast on Sky Atlantic, the broadcasters US-dedicated entertainment channel.
Quote:
Channel numbers for the new services will be announced in due course. It is currently unclear if the new channel launches will in fact replace Real Lives and Sky 2 on the Sky EPG, as there has been speculation that these channels would not be continuing and they're not mentioned in Sky's publicity today.
Quote:
Sky subscribers will gain access to these channel at "no extra cost", according to the pay TV operator. They will also become available on Now TV via the Entertainment Pass. Carriage on other platforms has not yet been confirmed.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote