Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Call charges?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Call charges?

Old 13-06-2019, 00:10   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Call charges?

I was always under the impression that calls to other VM customers/numbers where free of charge. Just received my latest bill and there is a charge of almost £20:00 added . It relates to a long phone call my wife had to our daughter who is also a VM customer.

They have had many long conversations before but we have never incurred this sort of charge before??

Has this changed recently?

Jim.

Just going through the minefield of various call plans and charges it would appear that the first 60 minutes is free, they should have rung off and redialled after 59 minutes.

Last edited by iadom; 13-06-2019 at 00:34.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2019, 20:07   #2
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Call charges?

I've had this problem with the wife. It would be useful if VM could warn you when your getting near the 60 minutes
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 21:29   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
I've had this problem with the wife. It would be useful if VM could warn you when your getting near the 60 minutes
I find one of these handy when Mrs K gets to 58 mins...

Last edited by Mr K; 17-06-2019 at 21:47.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 15:06   #4
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

I've had this issue too, when I get to 58mins (if I notice on my phone) I try and hang up and redial. To work around this, I'm looking at WhatsApp over Wi-Fi on the mobile as an alternative for the long chats over a pint or two with parents as dad has a smartphone too.

So if possible that's one away around it given smartphones are fairly common these days
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 23:53   #5
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNT View Post
I've had this issue too, when I get to 58mins (if I notice on my phone) I try and hang up and redial. To work around this, I'm looking at WhatsApp over Wi-Fi on the mobile as an alternative for the long chats over a pint or two with parents as dad has a smartphone too.

So if possible that's one away around it given smartphones are fairly common these days
Or indeed, use a mobile with unlimited/unmetered call allowances. I'm an advocate of having a landline in the house for various reasons. But using it for outgoing calls with modern day mobile allowances, which also includes other mobiles? Nah, no thanks.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 09:05   #6
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Or indeed, use a mobile with unlimited/unmetered call allowances. I'm an advocate of having a landline in the house for various reasons. But using it for outgoing calls with modern day mobile allowances, which also includes other mobiles? Nah, no thanks.
I agree if the option is there that's another option but if for some reason its not WhatsApp is a possible alternative
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 12:43   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

It does seem.to be a not widely known 'trap'. Not sure it's worth VMs while.if they end up with unhappy customers
with big bills that didn't know about it.

Personally never seen the need for any call to last longer than 5 mins, to convey essential info !. Mainly an issue for wives/mother-in-laws, a deadly chat combination.....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote