Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snowpiercer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Snowpiercer

Old 20-05-2020, 04:12   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Snowpiercer

Watched episode 1 yesterday.

So ... hmmm, not sure what to make of it so far.
Its was slow to get going, although it did show some signs of life eventually.

I wasnt completely bored, which is good, but also not really excited either.
Its only one episode, so I'll be giving it a few more before making my mind up.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2020, 16:05   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Snowpiercer

I learnt my lesson with GoT, Expanse and Alias. Unless it is completely diabolical (like Pandorra and a few others) I always give a series 4 eps. I'll do my very best to watch it tonight and I'll let you know what I think tomorrow. If it helps, my expectations are low; the film completely killed my realism factor and I don't see how this is going to be any different.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 16:25   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I learnt my lesson with GoT, Expanse and Alias. Unless it is completely diabolical (like Pandorra and a few others) I always give a series 4 eps. I'll do my very best to watch it tonight and I'll let you know what I think tomorrow. If it helps, my expectations are low; the film completely killed my realism factor and I don't see how this is going to be any different.
I watched it yesterday and like Paul found it a bit boring but like you I give a new series 3-4 eps before I bin it.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 15:01   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

well, I love being pleasantly surprised. I hated the film and I wasn't even going to bother watching this but I thought I would give it a go just so I could moan about it
I might have mentioned it before but the thing which did my nut it in big time with the film is that I couldn't wrap my head around how the world they allegedly live in works and it killed my realism factor. Each car has a purpose and a function and if you want to have sauna cars, swimming cars, sleeping cars etc you are not telling me that squads of soldiers walk they way back and forth through those cars as and when they are needed and likewise the food or anything other services are constantly passing through those cars?
When the episode started with the exposition and said there were 1001 cars I could feel pressure rising. How the pluck does that work? It would take two days just to get from one end of the other. I was very happy to see how they sort of explained how that can work. The carriages aren't the typical ones we have over here are more like the trans continental ones they have in the US and Canada with multiple levels allowing for service and freight on the lower deck. Presumably the upper class each have their own luxury carriage/living accommodation so I don't understand how that works when they have to pass through each other's carriages to go anywhere, especially as we saw a dining care in this first episode. I can only assume they don't have a literal full carriage and there are passageways and corridors that run down the length of each carriage.

I am confident it will all be explained in a plausible way. They have shown us the lower deck transportation and already shown us how intricate and detailed the balance of the ecosystem is with regardless to agriculture so it shows us they are aware they need to justify and explain how things work and not just come up with 1001 different novelty carriages to make it look good. I also like how they are not just regurgitating the film story and are finding new ways over developing the theme which in turn gives us an opportunity to explore the world.

I am cautiously optimistic.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:48   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Season 2 of Snowpiercer begins on Jan 25th 2021.

Old 09-10-2020, 17:01   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 21:58   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

They have done very well to get Sean Bean on it. I hope we get to see more of the train and different compartments and it doesn't move off the train into another environment.
Old 09-10-2020, 23:35   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

I finished up quite enjoying Season1, once it got going, so I'll be watching Season 2.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:02   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
They have done very well to get Sean Bean on it. I hope we get to see more of the train and different compartments and it doesn't move off the train into another environment.
Sean Bean usually dies!

I've not seen any of this maybe i will add it to my watch list.
Old 10-10-2020, 20:47   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

I moaned my ass off big time before it came out and I was determined to hate it because the film was so bad but I ended up really really liking it.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:37   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 13-01-2021, 17:01   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

These are our revolutions
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 17:24   #13
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Wonder how long it'll take Sean Bean to die. It is looking better than the first season, which had to set the show up.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2021, 06:47   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

The show has already been renewed for a 3rd season, a week before Season 2 kicks off.

Old 21-01-2021, 11:08   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

Excellent, this kind of series needs certainty so the writers can plan ahead and ensure a consistent and quality story.