Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The what's for dinner thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The what's for dinner thread

Old 21-10-2004, 18:24   #61
homealone

Re: The what's cooking thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Tonight's Menu.

Seafood Tagliatelle.

Diced Onions, Peppers and a small amount of Broccoli.
Fresh (live until they hit the boiling water ) Mussels.
Extra large King Scallops.
Large Prawns.
Fresh Egg Tagliatelle
Tomato & Mascarpone Sauce.

A Nottage Hill Chardonay, a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon & a Californian Merlot should wash that down a treat.

Have not decided what to give the others to drink yet.
- well except for the Chardonnay

- Spaghetti Bolognaise for us tonight, Mrs Gaz in charge
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2004, 18:27   #62
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Were having a quick dinner today as I want to get drunk. Just got back from my last exam of the year (well only had 2 but it was bad enough) so its scampi, chips and mushy peas :yum:

Oh and for wine, I've got a loverly Shiraz Mataro by Banrock Station
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 18:43   #63
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Chicken and rice, don't know what sauce i'm gonna knock up yet not really in the mood for it
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 19:10   #64
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

curry/korma one veg one chicken

Old Age And Treachery Will Defeat Youth and Enthusiasm Everytime.
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 20:31   #65
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellwear
Were having a quick dinner today as I want to get drunk. Just got back from my last exam of the year (well only had 2 but it was bad enough) so its scampi, chips and mushy peas :yum:

Oh and for wine, I've got a loverly Shiraz Mataro by Banrock Station
Good choice of wine, dellwear, a nice fruity Australian - enjoy

- our spaghetti was yummy, been using wholemeal spaghetti, recently - good if you like your 'al dente' to lean on the chewy side
Old 04-11-2004, 22:31   #66
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Well its Thursday, so it is fish again, the stall on the local market never ceases to amaze me with the choice but today I played safe,

Fresh Sea Bass, cooked in the oven in foil with wine and Dill.
got to be Hollandaise sauce again with this fish.
Seasonal veg, carrots, peti pois etc.

To drink I had a very nice, crisp and ultra dry Frascati, the wife is not into vin blanc so she had an Antipodean Chiraz Reserve, nice choice, it goes really well with a mature Cheddar and a couple of pieces of Cadbury's finest.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 22:56   #67
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Well its Thursday, so it is fish again, the stall on the local market never ceases to amaze me with the choice but today I played safe,

Fresh Sea Bass, cooked in the oven in foil with wine and Dill.
got to be Hollandaise sauce again with this fish.
Seasonal veg, carrots, peti pois etc.

To drink I had a very nice, crisp and ultra dry Frascati, the wife is not into vin blanc so she had an Antipodean Chiraz Reserve, nice choice, it goes really well with a mature Cheddar and a couple of pieces of Cadbury's finest.
last time we had sea bass, it was the wrapped in wet paper & baked in the oven method - bit of fennel & some dill & lemon juice, lovely - yours sounded lovely, too - but if you do it in wet paper, the skin/scales should come off, stuck to the paper, when you unwrap it

and watch out for the escolar - 'fake' sea bass that cause all sorts of gastric chaos

- oh, & currently asda south african red
Old 04-11-2004, 23:29   #68
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Salmon, potatoes, mixed vegetables and garlic muchrooms.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 19:39   #69
yesman

Bacon Sandwich, washed down with a cuppa
Old 14-11-2004, 19:44   #70
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Sausage on toast with a cuppa
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 19:45   #71
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
Sausage on toast with a cuppa

you dont mean sausage and beans on toast do you
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 19:47   #72
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
you dont mean sausage and beans on toast do you
no, thought about that but decided to give the beans a miss

also loads of brown sauce on the sausages
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 20:07   #73
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

All these late breakfasts, its quite funny but I have just had, bacon, sausages, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans with an oven bottom muffin and a pint pot of tea.

To tell the truth I normally do this for Sunday lunch, but we took my daughter and her boyfriend out for a meal last night to celebrate her birthday, the food was excellent and the wine flowed........and flowed...........and then the brandy ......got in very late and did not feel up to tackling my usual Sunday lunch until now.
Old 14-11-2004, 20:38   #74
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Noooo the first christmassy avatar
Well we just had home made vegetarian spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread pizza Didn't taste too bad
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 20:49   #75
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Noooo the first christmassy avatar
Well we just had home made vegetarian spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread pizza Didn't taste too bad
It was the sound of a Cuckoo that made me do it,

I bought a pack of Simpsons sausages yesterday and even they have got Seasons Greetings on the label.