Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-07-2008, 07:55   #181
arcamalpha2004

Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
A follow up to my previous post.

I have just received an e-mail questionnaire from Virginmedia following up the original phone call I made to them.

I was asked whether the phone call was OK and, whether I would recommend Virginmedia services to a friend or a colleague.

They have said that they may get in touch to talk about my answers but as I was quite scathing about the first call I made to 151 and also about the state of the over subscription on the Baguley server I doubt whether I will hear from the again.

Has any one else had a follow-up e-mail and if youhave , did you get a follow-up phone call?

Ah yes, I had one of them, nothing ever happened, just an exercise in making it look like they really do want to improve things in the future, the fact that probably thousands of these go out every day speaks volumes?
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2008, 15:22   #182
r00t
Inactive

Services: Your pseudo 'tech' ego.
r00t has reached the bronze age
r00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze age

I think you find that is Net promoter score.

More here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Promoter_Score
r00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 22:06   #183
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It is indeed. Also some people do get called back.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 13:26   #184
fester123
Inactive

fester123 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes 100%
fester123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 19:25   #185
C_Agent
Inactive

C_Agent is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone used the online chat thing yet?
C_Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 06:05   #186
Jeepers
Inactive

Services: T.V Landline Broadbandband
Jeepers is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on the free virgin tv package have the 10 meg bb and phone line with free calls to uk customers i had to pay an extra £7 i dont even ring abroad anymore due the ressesion i cant afford to we have rising prices on phone bb electric gas petrol water has gone thrupogh the roof .then on top of that you have Food ..i am really peed with virgin Billing because evertime i ring them i get somone that can not understand a word of english sat at a computer reading a script
they sound like they dont even understand wht they are saying at least when i was with bt i got through to someone in the uk ,sorry virgins customer service stinks ..for billing issues they are serious and we should get customer sevice advisors in the uk...
Also anoyed because when i first got the tv box i had more channels to view ie FX itv2+2 channel4+2 these channels now when i go to watch them i get a message saying i need to upgrade sometimes i am able to watch them and others i am not ..also film4+2 also removed ,ive come to the end of my teather when i rang virgin to complain the indian advisor told me she was not in the uk and had no Idea what i was talkig about
This is discusting service and i am sorry creat the jobs back in the UK and get rid of the Cowboys ..meanwhile im of back to sky i also have a bt line which is an advantage for me i dont hyave to wait 12 months getting back to my phone ,Well when the phone first got connected the virgin media staff in india told me my calls would be cheaper to other countris BOLLOX i got a bill for £299s and demandig phonecalls from virgin staff in the uk telling me my bill was this high..i fealt sick to the stumach why was my bill so high ,,thing was i had to pay it or be cut off .i ring my family in ireland a lot ,i was told by the indian advisor on sighing up i was on talk international my calls should have been 2p per minit but no ..Richard Branson needs to make a few test calls here and sort his buisness out Big Style
Jeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 07:25   #187
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
I am on the free virgin tv package have the 10 meg bb and phone line with free calls to uk customers i had to pay an extra £7 i dont even ring abroad anymore due the ressesion i cant afford to we have rising prices on phone bb electric gas petrol water has gone thrupogh the roof .then on top of that you have Food ..i am really peed with virgin Billing because evertime i ring them i get somone that can not understand a word of english sat at a computer reading a script
they sound like they dont even understand wht they are saying at least when i was with bt i got through to someone in the uk ,sorry virgins customer service stinks ..for billing issues they are serious and we should get customer sevice advisors in the uk...
Also anoyed because when i first got the tv box i had more channels to view ie FX itv2+2 channel4+2 these channels now when i go to watch them i get a message saying i need to upgrade sometimes i am able to watch them and others i am not ..also film4+2 also removed ,ive come to the end of my teather when i rang virgin to complain the indian advisor told me she was not in the uk and had no Idea what i was talkig about
This is discusting service and i am sorry creat the jobs back in the UK and get rid of the Cowboys ..meanwhile im of back to sky i also have a bt line which is an advantage for me i dont hyave to wait 12 months getting back to my phone ,Well when the phone first got connected the virgin media staff in india told me my calls would be cheaper to other countris BOLLOX i got a bill for £299s and demandig phonecalls from virgin staff in the uk telling me my bill was this high..i fealt sick to the stumach why was my bill so high ,,thing was i had to pay it or be cut off .i ring my family in ireland a lot ,i was told by the indian advisor on sighing up i was on talk international my calls should have been 2p per minit but no ..Richard Branson needs to make a few test calls here and sort his buisness out Big Style
Does anyone else have problems reading and understanding that ^^^^^rant.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 07:35   #188
Jeepers
Inactive

Whats that supposed to mean...sirus
Old 17-10-2008, 07:40   #189
Fatec
Inactive

Fatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Does anyone else have problems reading and understanding that ^^^^^rant.
Quote:
Hi All,

I am on the free virgin tv package and have the 10 meg bb + phone line with free calls to uk customers, i had to pay an extra £7 even though i dont even ring abroad anymore due the recession!

i cant afford to as we have rising prices on phone,bb,electric,gas,petrol and even water has gone through the roof!!

Then on top of that you have Food ..i am really *annoyed* with virginmedias Billing because everytime i ring them i get somone that does not understand a word of english sat at a computer while reading a script back to me!

They sound like they dont even understand what they are saying.. at least when i was with bt i got through to someone in the uk!, Sorry virginmedia's customer service stinks...

for billing issues they are serious and we should get customer sevice advisors in the uk...

Also annoyed because when i first got the tv box i had more channels to view (ie FX itv2+2 channel4+2), These channels are now gone, when i go to watch them i get a message saying i need to 'upgrade', sometimes i am able to watch them and others i am not...

Also film4+2 has also been removed, i've come to the end of my teather and when i rang virgin to complain the indian advisor told me she was not in the uk and had no Idea what i was talking about!

This is disgusting service and i am sorry but create the jobs back in the UK and get rid of the Cowboys!!...Meanwhile i'm off back to sky, i also have a bt line which is an advantage for me i dont have to wait 12 months getting back to my phone.

Well when the phone first got connected the virgin media staff in india told me my calls would be cheaper to other countris, What a load of ********S* (why try to get around the swear filter?), i got a bill for £299 and demanding phonecalls from virgin staff in the uk telling me my bill was this high...i fealt sick to the stomach..wondering why was my bill so high!, Thing was i had to pay it or be cut off...i ring my family in ireland a lot...as i was told by the indian advisor on signing up i would be on talk international so my calls should have been 2p per minute but no!...

Richard Branson needs to make a few test calls here and sort his buisness out Big Style
Better? boredom...
Fatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 07:45   #190
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatec View Post
Better? boredom...
Much better

It was giving me an impression of being connected to the outsourced version of Cable forum

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 07:52   #191
Jeepers
Inactive

lol Thankyou vary much i am a tad bad on spelling it has to do with my dissability i should have mentioned i am dissabled due to problems which my health wich left me slightly brain damaged ..but that is irelivant to what my Rant was about
Old 17-10-2008, 08:27   #192
Fatec
Inactive

Fatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
lol Thankyou vary much i am a tad bad on spelling it has to do with my dissability i should have mentioned i am dissabled due to problems which my health wich left me slightly brain damaged ..but that is irelivant to what my Rant was about
No problem, i could understand you anyway, but early morning, lack of sleep and boredom mixed
Fatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 08:57   #193
Jeepers
Inactive

See Sirus Someone has understood my problem nananana na

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYTHEWAY View Post
I had my new Virgin V Box installed today, Engineer took over Two Hours to finalise the installation, he seemed to be having a lot of problems setting it up.

When he had finished he asked if I knew how to operate the system? I told him No, he then proceeded to show me, which went completely over my head, but not to worry as i could view the manual at my leisure-NOT!!

I dont have any manuals said the Engineer, but it is quite straightforward, I will show you again, which he did, and once again was not registering within the old brainbox.

Not to worry, so he left, what i ad not realised was that there were no instructions for the remote either, No problem, I will use the help guides service, if can fathom out how to get to it?

Got to view the help guides, but the remote control they were using bore no resemblence to the "Telewest Broadband"? one that i was given? I coulld not use the volume buttons on this either as it made no impact at all when pressing Vol+ or Vol -

I telephoned Customer Service and complained , they apologised and said the manuals will be sent out soon but made no comment in respect of the remote control manual they did advise that there is a major outage which is why the volume wont operate and this will be fixed by 27th Feb.

Since then the Darn thing has constantly been freezing, and when attempting to view recodings kept requesting a a PIN which was not given to me, so i had to phone them up again last night, i now have my own PIN.

Whilst i appreciate Virgin are just starting up my experience so far is one of complete astonishment, if this is the way in which they intend to continue then i am sorry but I for one will not be remaining with then, I have sent them an E.Mail, which as yet has not bbeen acknowledged,

ah pin default for your remote should be 0000
Old 17-10-2008, 18:52   #194
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
See Sirus Someone has understood my problem nananana na

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

ah pin default for your remote should be 0000
I think you'll find the default pin is 1234
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 15:12   #195
quasiment
Inactive

quasiment is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I'm new to this forum and wished to get help regarding the topic above. I have not yet had one single useful interaction with Virgin Media. I was connected just over a year ago - it took them 3 weeks to actually connect me ! The phone then didn't work. They then decided to overcharge me and have done so ever since. I have written letter upon letter requesting a written response and explanation. 4 phone calls but still no letter which is leading me to wonder whether literacy is a particular difficulty. My question to those on this forum is : do you know of any director's address because the only one I can find is in America. Given that Customer service seem incapable of putting pen (or fingers on a keyboard) to paper, this is my only alternative. Thank you in advance.
quasiment is offline   Reply With Quote