Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-02-2017, 09:32   #406
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
Today I have received by far the worst customer service from Virgin. Cut a very long story short. Apparently 3 out of 4 of my set top boxes need to be changed as they are out of date. Booked in today between 8-1. Waited in all day called them told should have someone around 12. At 1.30 called them to be told no one was ever coming as somehow the appointment was cancelled. Now these things happen however, I was furious that an adviser blatantly lied to me about arriving around 12ish just to get me off the phone. After lots of phone calls, spent 10 minutes explaining everything to be told hold on please and another person answer the phone and start from scratch this happened 5 times. Eventually i demanded a manager I was told none available but someone will call within the hour. I then received a call from an extremely aggressive man who I couldn't understand. I thought he said can I speak to Mrs.... i said speaking he then shouted at me "you don't sound like Mr... to me" he then said to me "don't get cheesed off with me!" At the point I was so cross I raised my voice to which he was shouting he will cut me off ( I wasn't screaming or swearing) I said I cannont continue to deal with you please put me through to someone else, he then cut me off!!! Turns out I was given all false info regarding the 3 boxes they made me think I was getting a deal. I have no option but to leave virgin and probably try Sky. There is no way I can give them money monthly knowing how they treated me. Does anyone know of anyone high up that I can complain too? They only offer an address in Swansea to write too??
The CEO's office. tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk

What you experienced was awful and infuriating. I'd send Tom an email and explain what happened.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2017, 23:24   #407
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Since my wife and l have been with VM, it is by far the worst company that l have ever dealt with.

My persuaded my mother in law to go with VM several years ago. My god what a headache and sadly l say what l think abut something.

I believe if you pay a fee, you should get at least 90% as no one is perfect - not even me.
I have hade terrible problems with CS over the years. About a year ago, l persuaded my wife to go for Sky, which we have. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL IN THAT TIME.

With VM we have had loads of calls where the service has gone down. Even today - 24/04/2017) l had to deal with a problem with my mother in law. Luckily this was solved after 5 HOURS without service - an email to Tom Mockeridge.

And then this morning, our service went down for FOUR hours. We complained to VM and was advised it would be back on by 2.30 and when calling 150 was told there was a problems with Cables changing over, and the HEADEND.

Why cant they do this work at night when most people are in bed.

VM is a major - or supposed to be - company, it should have backup system. To counter any problems. But there again, we the customer are just a number that pays the bill.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 17:58   #408
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Why cant they do this work at night when most people are in bed.

They normally do this at night. There's more to that issue than the CS agent told you (And it's probably because the CS agent wasn't told, either).
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 12:54   #409
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My ongoing fault keeps plodding on, and they know where it is and that many are affected by it. But all I get are letters from Swansea telling me that someone will call "in a couple of days" but no-one ever does.

Even the VM bods on their forum have been unable to get more info or a fix date. Somehow I have been lumped-in with a fault number I cannot trace (F005230351) that keeps getting fix dates drifting further into the future.

And now the latest letter from Swansea recommends that I take it up with an arbitration service?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 17:11   #410
Bongito-bungaty
Inactive

Bongito-bungaty is an unknown quantity at this point

I am searching the web trying to find a place to write my virgin media experience. Basically its a short story...it all started when i moved to the UK 2 years ago, i was looking to find the best and fastest WiFi company and Virgin was the one i choose. They are fast and almost never having down time, but some things are so hard its unlivable. I mean, they have good customer service, but first, in order to find the number of the customer service team its not an easy job, and i dont want even to talk about the specific teams, like broadband support or something like that. I actually think they design the website to hide phone channels for communications.
The other thing that bugged me is the fact that they keep on making their service a bit more expensive every couple of months. just a bit, 2 pounds on average every time, still, its annoying, feels like they are using the fact nobody really have time or will to change company etc.
The customer service is hard also, i mean, they are asking for like 20 different verification, that is just crazy, its me im telling the guy, he is asking me for some crazy password that i dont remember.
so this is my review on VM and their customer service.

Last edited by Paul M; 02-11-2017 at 19:39. Reason: Spammy link removed.
Bongito-bungaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 19:38   #411
Jodash44
Inactive

Jodash44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Works ok or me
Jodash44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:29   #412
pgnl
Inactive

Services: VM BB (Since Jan 2001) Hub 3.0/Modem Mode, WDTV, Roku, FireTV, Apple TV 4
pgnl is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever anything goes wrong with VM or Sky (and it does almost every year) I bite my tongue, fight my corner politely but firmly, then write a letter and post it to them heading it up 'Formal Complaint' they always ring me, apologise and offer me a discounted rate.

This is a game, you have to play it to your advantage.

Drives me nuts however...
pgnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 12:53   #413
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

A update from Virgin Media regarding their call centres.

Quote:
We’re now prioritising calls for vulnerable customers.

As the world reacts and adapts to the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, we’re working day and night to make sure your services run smoothly. To see how we’re keeping our people and customers safe, and protecting our network, go here.

Unfortunately, virus quarantine measures have now closed some of our call centres. This is having a big impact on our customers’ waiting times, for which we’re truly sorry.

We’re currently taking steps to increase resources and make sure we answer calls as soon as we can. But it’s incredibly busy, and only getting busier.

That’s why, for the first time ever, we’re asking that our customers work with us and only call if they have an urgent query that can’t wait.

This is hard for us, and frustrating for you. We really appreciate your patience and understanding as we prioritise helping our most vulnerable customers.

In the meanwhile, please go to virginmedia.com/help for troubleshooting and support. Our web chat team is also online and ready to help.
Old 22-03-2020, 13:18   #414
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Maybe they could do everyone a blanket retention deal; save everyone a lot of phone time and help those that have lost income.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 13:24   #415
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Maybe they could do everyone a blanket retention deal; save everyone a lot of phone time and help those that have lost income.
In situations like this companies need to think out of their box Mr K.
Old 22-03-2020, 14:48   #416
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

They're going to have to do something, even before the Coronavirus crisis, their CS was abysmal:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 09:31   #417
denphone
Still alive and fighting

All the changes that have been implemented to the Sky TV, BT and Virgin Media services thus so far.

https://mycitybeat.com/sky-tv-bt-and...medium=twitter
Old 23-03-2020, 19:19   #418
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

A few weeks ago I was trying to speak to retentions but has I couldn't remember my password I was put through to somewhere else. They asked for some security questions. One of the question that was asked was, "What was the volume of you last bill?"!! So I asked what do you mean. They just repeated the same question. I asked do you mean how much was the last bill. They just repeated the same question again.
They wonder why we we don't like off shore call centres. They may be able to speak English but have no idea of the grammar.
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 13:02   #419
caroline
cf.addict

caroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to caroline Send a message via AIM to caroline Send a message via Yahoo to caroline

so my current contract ends on august the 8th , so i started looking at what virgin had to offer and came across this offer -

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...-bundle-sports

so i phoned them up to be told i cant have this offer as it is only for new customer's the only way to get it is to wait 60 days then apply in my husbands name , so after quite a long talk with the virgin operator trying to get him to agree to have this offer , telling him that they should look after people like me that have been with virgin for 27 years i decided to cancel my contract with virgin and told him to put me through to the cancelation department , there i spoke to a lovely lady who said if i put it in my husbands name i could have this offer and she could set this up from the 8th august , i asked her why the other operator said i would have to wait 60 days to get it and she said they dont really have the authority to do this there end and so by saying this they hope you wont move from virgin , anyway it does just prove that if you persist you can get a better deal with them especially if you speak to a nice lady like i did , she was so helpful i couldnt ask for more .
caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:30   #420
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Not had issues with billing but on a staff deal so I wouldn't would I? But I do believe that not all departments have access to all parts of the system or can action queries as the caller wishes. I have encountered this with other companies and in my case had to wait over a week for the correct department to call back and even then getting the correct details applied took some time.
This sort of thing is likely to increase as companies seek to prevent fraud and other unwanted behaviour so many operators can only work inside strict frameworks which are now more rigorously enforced at system level.

(Please note - I do not have any knowledge of this at VM, this is my experience of a customer of other companies and having some knowledge on how systems are being implemented.)