Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 06:59   #1411
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: US Election 2016

Trump is the second coming of our Lord, without a doubt. Everyone else in the World are Satan's servant's.... (apart from that nice bloke Vladimir of course).

Just trying to put myself in the 'mind' of a Trump voter, and figure out how this possibly happened...
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2017, 08:26   #1412
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Trump is the second coming of our Lord, without a doubt. Everyone else in the World are Satan's servant's.... (apart from that nice bloke Vladimir of course).

Just trying to put myself in the 'mind' of a Trump voter, and figure out how this possibly happened...
its not hard to figure out
all the grown ups get a vote and when they have voted the winner gets the job .
Old 11-01-2017, 09:52   #1413
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Story is kind of weird. Seems to have originated with John McCain and his own 'sources' but the media has held off publishing until last night despite having the documents for a couple of weeks because they can't verify them.

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

Carl Bernstein says this was given to the FBI in August. https://twitter.com/kbeninato/status/818978092689592320
Old 11-01-2017, 12:17   #1414
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It does seem to have an element of the Hitler Diaries about it....
Old 11-01-2017, 13:33   #1415
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It does seem to have an element of the Hitler Diaries about it....
I can think of another element it consists of that rhymes with Hitler.

But I am just going to say any way that it is just bollocks. Last week we had, 'Russians propped up Trump' in the US Election and in this weeks episode, we have them having material to 'compromise him', I was going to say you could not make this crap up, but someone clearly has for kicks. I find it hilarious that CNN, also nicknamed Clinton News Network, appear to be the first gullible news station to run with the fake story.
Old 11-01-2017, 13:52   #1416
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Trouble with Trump denying anything now is that he has cried wolf too many times, most recently denying he mocked a disabled reporter.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b043ad97e473f2
Old 11-01-2017, 13:56   #1417
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

But I am just going to say any way that it is just bollocks. Last week we had, 'Russians propped up Trump' in the US Election and in this weeks episode, we have them having material to 'compromise him', I was going to say you could not make this crap up, but someone clearly has for kicks. I find it hilarious that CNN, also nicknamed Clinton News Network, appear to be the first gullible news station to run with the fake story.
It's not a fake news story. The report seems to legitimately being discussed around Washington as far back as the summer and has been referred to the FBI who, during the course of the election, also appear to have applied for warrants to investigate some members of Trump's team.

The question is if the report, or parts of it, are correct which CNN are not speaking for. They're reporting on the existence of the report, that it was reported to the President and Trump and the fact John McCain passed it onto the FBI.

I don't know if this report is true. Some of it seems a bit too fantastically absurd to be true really, too precise and convenient. But Trump really should release his tax returns at least to help dispel the allegations he has money/loans/interests in Russia. These stories about Russia keep happening and you can't just dismiss every single negative story about Trump as fabricated.
Old 11-01-2017, 14:13   #1418
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Thoughtful article here
Of course the media will report on the leaked Donald Trump documents – but it must keep doing its job in scrutinising them
The claims have been taken sufficiently seriously to warrant the media’s (and by extension the public’s) attention, even if they cannot be proved beyond doubt. But the wholesale dump of unverified information is a journalist cop-out
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7521256.html
Old 11-01-2017, 14:47   #1419
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's not a fake news story. The report seems to legitimately being discussed around Washington as far back as the summer and has been referred to the FBI who, during the course of the election, also appear to have applied for warrants to investigate some members of Trump's team.
It is fake Damien.

It was passed to the CIA, by someone with an axe to grind, but it holds absolutely no substance, the Intelligence report itself which was passed to Buzzfeed and then CNN, is a forged document. It is totally fake in every way shape and form. You cannot say one week Russia wanted Trump to be President and then next they have something compromising on him, 9 days before he is to be sworn in.

It is another attempt by the left to just do as much damage as they possibly can, because they cannot accept Clinton lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
These stories about Russia keep happening and you can't just dismiss every single negative story about Trump as fabricated.
Yes I can because there is a bloody lot of them that are fake, just like there was for Hillary and this one is no different.
Old 11-01-2017, 15:11   #1420
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Could a Remoaner please claim that President Trump fiddled the Brexit referendum with links to a thousand confirming facts that have an in-depth never-ending explanation as to why this invalidates the vote so we'll have to have another one otherwise it means that Russia is responsible for the UK leaving the EU please? Whew. Let's get it over with now
Old 11-01-2017, 15:23   #1421
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
It was passed to the CIA, by someone with an axe to grind, but it holds absolutely no substance, the Intelligence report itself which was passed to Buzzfeed and then CNN, is a forged document. It is totally fake in every way shape and form. You cannot say one week Russia wanted Trump to be President and then next they have something compromising on him, 9 days before he is to be sworn in.
Ok but the FBI don't have your sources so they have to investigate it first and that is what the news is reporting. The news itself, that this report exists, is not false. The report might be.

I remain doubtful of the report too but it was given to the FBI by an American Senator. That's news either way.

Last edited by Damien; 11-01-2017 at 15:28.
Old 11-01-2017, 17:30   #1422
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Back to the election hacking (or hacking of the DNC) it seems Trump has confirmed he now believes that it was the Russians.
Old 11-01-2017, 17:54   #1423
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I agree with you in principle, that said, things have come a long way from 60 years ago, including personalities, it is ignorant to suggest a country won't consider launching a nuke or two if under duress.

North Korea, keeps threatening to nuke the US saying it is working on the possibility of a Nuclear missile capable of reaching the US. However, such threats, are just brushed off as the usual rhetoric from them.

Yes I agree, it is in extreme circumstances, but as I already said, a country, like Russia, with such capability and that was put under duress, through a military attack, I doubt would just look at it's nuclear arsenal and forget about using them.
20 or 30 years ago, I would have agreed with old boy. Both presidents were relatively sane and I never seriously thought either would press the button. With Putin and Trump, I am not so sure. I think both are arrogant enough to think that whatever bunkers (or other safety measures) they have in place to protect themselves will work, and that they will end up ruling the earth if they can just nuke the other guy..

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Quote:

Yet you appear to be citing, as proof of your story, an article that links to a post on reddit claiming credit. Sorry to have to ask this, but how do you know that the Russians didn't register that account, then create the post just to cover their tracks?

I'm not saying they did, but it is entirely possible.
Old 11-01-2017, 17:57   #1424
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

Yet you appear to be citing, as proof of your story, an article that links to a post on reddit claiming credit. Sorry to have to ask this, but how do you know that the Russians didn't register that account, then create the post just to cover their tracks?

I'm not saying they did, but it is entirely possible.
ooh, you're so cynical Stuart. Those nice Ruskies would never do something like that.
Old 11-01-2017, 19:21   #1425
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Morgan Lewis is where Trump's lawyer, Sheri Dillon (the one at the press conference) works...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0611.JPG (114.8 KB, 19 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread