Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 25-05-2009, 17:46   #2446
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
It's the best Trek film ever released. 15/10
Finally they've beaten the curse of the odd numbers!
In fairness, as someone pointed out on the Star Trek films blu ray box set, the talk of the odd number curse came about when Nicholas Meyer and Harve Bennet were working on the Even numbered ones. They wrote and/or directed/produced "The Wrath Of Kahn", "The Voyage Home" (which wasn't apparently liked by a lot of trekkies, but loved by mainstream audiences) and "The Undiscovered Country".
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2009, 19:56   #2447
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
TNG - The Next Generation. I know that I sound like a nerd, but part 5 was with Kirk
I know this as I am a big trekkie and geek but I meant I like all the films apart from 5. I wasn't just refering to the TNG movies.
Old 25-05-2009, 20:00   #2448
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Angels and Demons - I thought it was a great film. I haven't read the book, but found the film thoroughly enjoyable. 8/10

Star Trek - I didn't think I'd like this film - but how wrong was I? Really enjoyed it. 8/10
CHiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 06:30   #2449
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Star Trek, missus and I loved it 10/10, glad it lived up to hype and expectations.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 07:56   #2450
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Star Trek, missus and I loved it 10/10, glad it lived up to hype and expectations.
Same here... Even better for those of us who watched the original series,
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 17:03   #2451
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

The missus and I saw Sam Raimi's Drag Me to Hell this afternoon, both enjoyed it, It's pretty good 7/10.

it's very obviously a Sam Raimi horror film, so if you like Evil Dead you'll like this, it's kind of Exorcist meets Evils Dead Happy

Some nice ott gruesome bits, which then make you laugh due to other people's reactions etc.

The other thing I liked which was noticeable is that it's good to see a "horror" film with a proper orchestral score, very much like classic horror films, rather than just using some industrial/alternative/heavy metal.
Old 31-05-2009, 01:09   #2452
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I definitely want to see that - I love Raimi's horror movies.

My latest movie was one I unintentionally watched:

First Daughter

Mrs D had this on earlier, in the afternoon.

Predictable run-of-the-mill crap, starring Katie Holmes as the President's daughter, and "Riley from Buffy" as the undercover Secret Service agent she falls in love with.

Meh / 10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:01   #2453
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Hellboy II - 6.5/10
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 15:34   #2454
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I definitely want to see that - I love Raimi's horror movies.

My latest movie was one I unintentionally watched:

First Daughter

Mrs D had this on earlier, in the afternoon.

Predictable run-of-the-mill crap, starring Katie Holmes as the President's daughter, and "Riley from Buffy" as the undercover Secret Service agent she falls in love with.

Meh / 10
Sounds like a proper chick flick,hence Meh/10

HOWEVER..... directed by Forest Whitaker!!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 23:09   #2455
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Star Trek - I have never been a Trekkie, but I really enjoyed watching that film. 9/10.

Night at the Museam 2 - I enjoyed the first, and thoroughly enjoyed the second. 9/10.
CHiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:44   #2456
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Terminator Salvation - 6/10
So many plot holes, so much bad acting.
So much potential, wasted.
Seriously, it could have been a 10/10 film, but the details of the story and poor acting (someone please give Bale some lessons) let it down.
Great effects though, the Arnie scenes were well done.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:24   #2457
admars
cf.mega poster

Night at the Museum (1st one) recorded at the weekend from ch4, hadn't seen it before, missus and I both enjoyed it, funnier than we thought it would be 7/10.

If Ricky Gervais had been in it much more would have been 2/10! We love the Office and Extras, but wish Hollywood didn't have this obsession with crowbarring "the quirky wacky English funny guy" into films
Old 04-06-2009, 10:55   #2458
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Red Cliff 1 & 2.
9/10
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:57   #2459
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpod View Post
Red Cliff 1 & 2.
9/10

I just got them also. Seeing as 1 is only just being advertised but is actually 2008. Didnt get a big release though but your score is promising.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38   #2460
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I just got them also. Seeing as 1 is only just being advertised but is actually 2008. Didnt get a big release though but your score is promising.
Your score may well differ from mine.....although i`m sure it wont be too far off.It`s a ripping good yarn for sure.Probably better watched over a couple of days rather than the whole 5 hours or so in one sitting though.
5 hours is a bit much for any movie in one go.Plus,the anticipation of the whupping to come adds to the enjoyment,and mabey even the score
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote