Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 14-12-2018, 18:17   #5041
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The ship is rudderless anyway, no one's steering, everyone is in the lifeboats.

Don't worry Jezza will come to the rescue
Oh I’d contest it is being steered...
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2018, 18:20   #5042
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I'd agree with you there . . . someone seems to be attempting to steer the boat in the direction others seem to not want to go
Old 14-12-2018, 18:21   #5043
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I blame the 47.6m that didnt vote leave it's all their fault
Old 14-12-2018, 18:26   #5044
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well it’s just their opinion on it as the idea they’re not is yours. My opinion is they were part of cabinet, part of government, people who campaigned for it and in some cases involved with the process so they share some blame.
Well they don't - as I have said - they were not steering the ship - they have said after leaving their positions they were overruled by the PM or they were bypassed in most of the behind the scene negotiations.

Like Jeremy Corbyn said and I happen to agree with him on this one thing and that is rare - the Brexit Secretary is a Ceremonial role only.
Old 14-12-2018, 18:29   #5045
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I blame the 47.6m that didnt vote leave it's all their fault
Well l am one of them so there you are...
Old 14-12-2018, 18:32   #5046
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well l am one of them so there you are...

so is my missus, she has no interest in it, quite happy as long as the TV keeps showing crap
Old 14-12-2018, 19:10   #5047
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Not very often you see a European advocating Brexit.

https://www.facebook.com/DemocraziaV...5977272757274/

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You got that right.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Quote:
Grow up. You want to leave the EU entirely, you pay the fee the other people do.
I have absolutely no issue with that, what should we charge EU nationals to enter the U.K.?

I think £10 has a nice round feel to it.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

No deal Brexit is the only way forward now.

I look forward to it.
Old 14-12-2018, 19:22   #5048
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I have absolutely no issue with that, what should we charge EU nationals to enter the U.K.?

I think £10 has a nice round feel to it.
For most countries we do not have a such a program. For a few select countries the fee is £15.

I don't think we would introduce it specifically for the EU but if we did do such a program then I imagine it would be £15 for everyone.
Old 14-12-2018, 19:27   #5049
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
For most countries we do not have a such a program. For a few select countries the fee is £15.

I don't think we would introduce it specifically for the EU but if we did do such a program then I imagine it would be £15 for everyone.
What good for the goose and all that. We should treat other blocs reciprocally to how they treat us. simple as.
Old 14-12-2018, 19:45   #5050
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

£15 would probably be worth €7 in the case of a no-deal Brexit so about right.
Old 14-12-2018, 19:59   #5051
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
£15 would probably be worth €7 in the case of a no-deal Brexit so about right.
Will boost our exports then.
Old 14-12-2018, 20:08   #5052
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
The post-Brexit drop in the £ hasn't achieved this, it's just led to some of our crown jewel companies like ARM being taken over by overseas companies.
Old 14-12-2018, 20:11   #5053
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
But make the 50% of our food that we import more expensive, though.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 14-12-2018, 20:33   #5054
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But make the 50% of our food that we import more expensive, though.
Are you going to back that statement with any evidence?

Indeed, we could make food less expensive, by importing food and not having to impose EU tariffs

https://iea.org.uk/the-eus-thousands...nish-the-poor/

https://fullfact.org/europe/will-get...fs-help-worst/
Old 14-12-2018, 20:48   #5055
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Are you going to back that statement with any evidence?

Indeed, we could make food less expensive, by importing food and not having to impose EU tariffs

https://iea.org.uk/the-eus-thousands...nish-the-poor/

https://fullfact.org/europe/will-get...fs-help-worst/
The irony of a leave voter asking for evidence of post-Brexit reality.
Closed Thread