Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2018, 12:29   #3721
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Re: Brexit

The sad thing in all this is that one of the EU Parliament recognised that the UK did not like the existing version of the EU and though we have heard various EU leaders say that they are sorry the UK is leaving, they did nothing to reform the EU in a way that benefits all its members.

If the EU had carried out those internal reforms we would probably have stayed in a better, fairer version of the EU. It's equally true to say that had the UK government handled the bad side effects of immigration better more people would have voted to remain.Regretably neither happened so we are where we are.

As it is we may well be on our way out, as the EU leaders have approved the deal.

The big problem will be getting the legislation through Parliament so we will just have to wait and see what happens.
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2018, 12:42   #3722
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
How dare you? She's delivering a win for the EU and a serious loss for the UK.

She is satisfying nobody except the EU who are laughing up our asses.

You won - get over it...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 25-11-2018, 12:45   #3723
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You won - get over it...
There goes your credibility.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 25-11-2018, 12:48   #3724
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Old 25-11-2018, 12:51   #3725
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
There goes your Brexit. Although it only existed in a fairy tale anyway. Cheer up, the perfidious hegemonists are happy it seems.
Old 25-11-2018, 13:32   #3726
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think Theress May will keep plugging away till it's either passed or she gets bored and resigns. I don't think the other options have more support than her proposals, unpopular as her proposals are in Parliament.
Curve ball would be something like a Norway deal but I don't think there's much support for that either and time is against it. As others have said, people are bored with Brexit and There's a May's agreement tackles this issue
And on that, we finally agree, Andrew.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
There goes your Brexit. Although it only existed in a fairy tale anyway. Cheer up, the perfidious hegemonists are happy it seems.
Don't you start!
Old 25-11-2018, 14:51   #3727
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

It's the tripe I read on here from some that seem to think Brexit voters are neanderthals that never understood why we were leaving.

I understood perfectly and new what I wanted. It was never about a british empire ruling the world again it was making a clean and independent break from being part of the EU.

Our laws were only allowed to be governed because the EU let us..20 years or more from now that wouldn't have been happening because everyone knows the route the EU wants to go.

The fact the UK lacked any negotiating skills while inside the EU shows how little we got respected for leaving the EU.
Old 25-11-2018, 15:05   #3728
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
It's the tripe I read on here from some that seem to think Brexit voters are neanderthals that never understood why we were leaving.

I understood perfectly and new what I wanted. It was never about a british empire ruling the world again it was making a clean and independent break from being part of the EU.

Our laws were only allowed to be governed because the EU let us..20 years or more from now that wouldn't have been happening because everyone knows the route the EU wants to go.

The fact the UK lacked any negotiating skills while inside the EU shows how little we got respected for leaving the EU.
Does TMs deal give you what you want then ?
Old 25-11-2018, 15:18   #3729
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Does TMs deal give you what you want then ?
Nothing it was supposed to be a clean break not remain in the customs union and single market.

This might be for a short while but they have already said this can be extended we are locked into the EU with no say by doing this.

It's like divorcing the wife and still living and paying bills like a couple.
Old 25-11-2018, 15:30   #3730
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post

The vast majority on here have not demeaned or insulted those who have voted for Brexit as they voted for reasons which were important to them as there were reasons why some on here voted against Brexit.
Old 25-11-2018, 15:31   #3731
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
This is when kicking the can down the road becomes a viable option everyone can agree upon.
I don’t see how it can be.

This deal or no deal, we had better had buckle up for no deal.
Old 25-11-2018, 15:38   #3732
Gavin78
Ice Cold

N.I got stuff now we just need to wait for the reunification to finish them off
Old 25-11-2018, 16:38   #3733
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
At no point did I suggest she cannot grasp what is needed to leave the EU. I think that, as someone in favour of remaining, she can look at it with the cold objectivity required.

Others, mainly on the leave side, lack objectivity and often view it through some outdated view of Empire and nationalist pride. Often demonstrated with wartime terminology, of stances more appropriate to the 19th century than the 21st.
What a statement to make! So we only voted to leave because we wanted to build new empires and start wars!

You really don't understand the reasons why I am most other leavers voted to come out of the EU, do you? What is it about that monolithic bureaucracy that you love so much?

I certainly did not go into the polling booth with visions of empire in my head! What I wanted was a prosperous Britain, freed of the stranglehold on our businesses of tedious legislation seemingly designed to discourage would be entrepreneurs and existing businesses. I also saw how the freedom of movement rights were pushing our social services, health services and housing accommodation to breaking point.

You cannot seriously question the objectivity of leave voters when you cannot see beyond the confines of the EU.
Old 25-11-2018, 16:47   #3734
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What a statement to make! So we only voted to leave because we wanted to build new empires and start wars!

You really don't understand the reasons why I am most other leavers voted to come out of the EU, do you? What is it about that monolithic bureaucracy that you love so much?

I certainly did not go into the polling booth with visions of empire in my head! What I wanted was a prosperous Britain, freed of the stranglehold on our businesses of tedious legislation seemingly designed to discourage would be entrepreneurs and existing businesses. I also saw how the freedom of movement rights were pushing our social services, health services and housing accommodation to breaking point.

You cannot seriously question the objectivity of leave voters when you cannot see beyond the confines of the EU.
If you think social services, the health service and housing are at breaking point because of the EU then you are ignoring the chronic underinvestment as a result of austerity.

I’m unsure what tedious regulations you refer to. Can you give me an example of a business idea that will be viable on 30th March 2019 that isn’t viable today because we are in the EU? The claim seems at odds with the CBI stance on the matter. VAT isn’t going anywhere, and in fact cross border trade might be more bureaucratic.

You may want a more prosperous Britain, however you can’t tell me how this will be achieved post Brexit.
Old 25-11-2018, 17:06   #3735
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
If you think social services, the health service and housing are at breaking point because of the EU then you are ignoring the chronic underinvestment as a result of austerity.

[SEPH]: And you are glossing over the fact that a huge immigrant wave found jobs in the UK that had evaporated in the Eurozone. Combine that with austerity and we have the chronic problems that are still not sorted out.

<SNIP>

You may want a more prosperous Britain, however you can’t tell me how this will be achieved post Brexit. [SEPH]: Now there you have a point. I suspect that then becomes a matter of true sovereignty trumping prosperity, temporarily. The Remainers regard that as lunacy and they suspect that in a 2nd referendum, much of the public who voted Leave would turn. They might be right and it doesn't bother me if that happens. But I'd rather leave with no deal than take the deal on offer.

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread