Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 19:15   #826
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Speaking as a forum user, I appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to keep the thousands of posts clean and relevant by people doing this work in a purely voluntary capacity.

It may be impossible, but it would be great to understand what adjectives can prefix politicians lest we cause unnecessary work for the mods. Are Crooked Hillary and Comrade Trump equally acceptable because people feel there is sufficient evidence to use the terms? Should neither be used? Or just one of them?

Back on Trump himself. China is now taking the US to the WTO, suggesting that the efforts to calm the markets by Washington were being contradicted by China's actions.
https://www.ft.com/content/fcf91440-...8-2f31af407cc8 (Or Google "China takes US to WTO over trade tariff plan" It's a long article.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 05-04-2018 at 19:19.
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2018, 19:38   #827
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I really do not think 'President Spanky' is at all acceptable, I really do not want to see language with sexual terms being used on this forum as peoples names, I have asked kindly on this and then next news, I am getting, 'Well Trump acts immature', I couldn't give a shit. What happens on Twitter, is Twitters problem.

I really don't know what people are getting precious on this request. I do not want sexual references being used as peoples names, it's pathetic and it will end.
Old 05-04-2018, 20:31   #828
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

OK, I didn’t realise it was because it was a sexual reference - I won’t use that term again.

Apologies.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-04-2018, 21:10   #829
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I really do not think 'President Spanky' is at all acceptable, I really do not want to see language with sexual terms being used on this forum as peoples names, I have asked kindly on this and then next news, I am getting, 'Well Trump acts immature', I couldn't give a shit. What happens on Twitter, is Twitters problem.

I really don't know what people are getting precious on this request. I do not want sexual references being used as peoples names, it's pathetic and it will end.

So let me get this right a guy calls someone a name on a TV show but we are not allowed to repeat it on here. Rather hypocritical considering some people think the guy who said this - And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything... grab them by the pussy - is gods gift to politics.

Pathetic

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...stormy-daniels

Old 05-04-2018, 21:45   #830
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
So let me get this right a guy calls someone a name on a TV show but we are not allowed to repeat it on here. Rather hypocritical considering some people think the guy who said this - And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything... grab them by the pussy - is gods gift to politics.

Pathetic

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...stormy-daniels
No it’s not pathetic.

We will not use sexual references as people’s names regardless what’s been said elsewhere. Either on Twitter or on TV.

It is not appropriate, to lower the tone of the discussion by using sexual terms for people’s names. That is not pathetic or hypocritical. It’s a rule about calling things properly, I was called out for calling Labour IRAbour, so I agreed not to use the term, but using sexual terms as names for people or groups is even worse. It’s not happening. I really don’t care how much you find it pathetic.
Old 05-04-2018, 21:56   #831
Mr Banana

Quote:
No it’s not pathetic.

We will not use sexual references as people’s names regardless what’s been said elsewhere. Either on Twitter or on TV.

It is not appropriate, to lower the tone of the discussion by using sexual terms for people’s names. That is not pathetic or hypocritical. It’s a rule about calling things properly, I was called out for calling Labour IRAbour, so I agreed not to use the term, but using sexual terms as names for people or groups is even worse. It’s not happening. I really don’t care how much you find it pathetic.
What is sexual about President Spanky?

Old 05-04-2018, 22:02   #832
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
What is sexual about President Spanky?
Seriously ?

Spank;

1. A disciplinary measure for children whereby the child is striken on the bottocks, either bared or clothed, with either the hand or an implement such as a wooden spoon.
2. A fetish where consenting adults strike each other on the butt to induce sexual pleasure.
Old 05-04-2018, 22:07   #833
Mr Banana

Quote:
Seriously ?

Spank;

1. A disciplinary measure for children whereby the child is striken on the bottocks, either bared or clothed, with either the hand or an implement such as a wooden spoon.
2. A fetish where consenting adults strike each other on the butt to induce sexual pleasure.
Oh ok - I must have led a sheltered life - have not been or subjected anyone to that?

Old 05-04-2018, 22:15   #834
RizzyKing

Less sheltered and more off grid lol it's not an activity i take part in but I've been aware of it for a few decades now as being popular with certain people.

Old 05-04-2018, 22:22   #835
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
have not been or subjected anyone to that?
I’m curious, you asking or telling me?
Old 05-04-2018, 22:32   #836
Mr Banana

Quote:
I’m curious, you asking or telling me?
Lol - missed out the important I

Old 05-04-2018, 22:36   #837
RizzyKing

Back to the subject a bit more i think the reason Trump's twitter shenanigans create the problem they do is because people expected him to grow into the role of the president and behave a little more statesman like rather then him carrying on as he always has. That and his accuracy with the claims and accusations he makes being considerably wide of the mark quite a lot.

Old 05-04-2018, 23:56   #838
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Trump makes his first public comment on Stormy Daniels payment.
Quote:
Donald Trump said he was not aware of a $130,000 payment from his lawyer to Stormy Daniels shortly before the 2016 election in his first public comments about the issue.
The president denied knowledge of the payment on Air Force One on Thursday, according to the White House press pool report...
Michael Avenatti, the lawyer representing Ms Clifford, responded on Twitter: “We very much look forward to testing the truthfulness of Mr Trump’s feigned lack of knowledge concerning the $130k payment”.
https://www.ft.com/content/e2a3b45a-...8-2f31af407cc8
Old 06-04-2018, 00:22   #839
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Is that the same lawyer who said he had a DVD disc of the so called affair?

Where is it?

Like I said, it would have been released by now.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:29   #840
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I wonder how this is going down with his evangelical base (although they are quite in to the corporal punishment stuff !).

My sister is a US citizen, having lived there for so long. It's a strongly pro Republican area. They were all very pro Trump pre election, but now they refuse to discuss politics and change the subject as soon as his name is mentioned... They might not vote Democrat, but they might not vote at all. We shall see in the mid-terms.
Closed Thread