Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 10:48   #2161
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

At the Remembrance service, we heard stanzas from the moving Ode of Remembrance:

Quote:
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
Unless it is raining of course ..

Armistice Day: Growing criticism of Trump WW1 no-show
Old 12-11-2018, 11:14   #2162
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
At the Remembrance service, we heard stanzas from the moving Ode of Remembrance:

Unless it is raining of course ..

Armistice Day: Growing criticism of Trump WW1 no-show
Words fail me on this disrespect for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:40   #2163
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Talking of which....

.....Nothing can be worse than attending the 100 Remembrance in a scruffy looking Anorak with a tiny Poppy pin, quite like Jeremy Corbyn did yesterday, that was disgusting and disrespectful.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:56   #2164
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Maybe Corbyn should have lent Trump his raincoat. Two birds, one stone.

Anyway I am not sure what the official Poppy size is acceptable but the Poppy pin is sold by the Royal British Legion for a higher amount than the paper poppy, I prefer the pin as it's more sturdy.

Last edited by Damien; 12-11-2018 at 12:59.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:58   #2165
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Talking of which....

.....Nothing can be worse than attending the 100 Remembrance in a scruffy looking Anorak with a tiny Poppy pin, quite like Jeremy Corbyn did yesterday, that was disgusting and disrespectful.
Apparently, Mick, we aren't permitted to make comparisons with Labour. It's just too uncomfortable for their supporters to bear, and they have no answers.

So it's easier just to whinge on about the Government.
Old 12-11-2018, 13:00   #2166
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Apparently, Mick, we aren't permitted to make comparisons with Labour. It's just too uncomfortable for their supporters to bear, and they have no answers.

So it's easier just to whinge on about the Government.
I think you can make comparisons with them, especially the tendency to label all opposition as fake news, but I think comparing not turning up with wearing a raincoat with a Poppy of insufficient size is not quite the same.
Old 12-11-2018, 13:03   #2167
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Maybe Corbyn should have lent Trump his raincoat. Two birds, one stone.

Anyway I am not sure what the official Poppy size is acceptable but the Poppy pin is sold by the Royal British Legion for a higher amount than the paper poppy, I prefer the pin as it's more sturdy. I hadn't realised it was disgusting and disrespectful.
Agreed - I have 2 pins, an enamel one from the RBL, and one with my old unit from Poppypins.

(I still drop a fiver in the collection tin each year).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A6A35DD9-979E-4EAF-BF67-F3C46EB7E914.jpeg (15.6 KB, 37 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 12-11-2018, 13:06   #2168
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Cool, I assume it was Germany related from the bird?
Old 12-11-2018, 13:20   #2169
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Cool, I assume it was Germany related from the bird?
26 Signals Unit, Berlin (Teufelsberg).

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2017...a8IjbezqT8csLU

Some of the stuff in this is inaccurate (the bits about the satellite dishes in the radomes), the other bits are mostly right...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 12-11-2018, 13:33   #2170
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Talking of which....

From what I can see he was wearing the poppy pin that the British Legion sell. I bought the same one. I paid more than the cost of the simple poppy as I wanted to make sure the British Legion got more money. What *is* wrong is suggesting that supporting the British Legion by buying one of their poppies is "disgusting".

So we now have "Poppy Fascists" now, do we? People going around measuring the size of your poppy and declaring you "disrespectful" if it does not measure up .. pathetic ..
Old 12-11-2018, 13:56   #2171
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
From what I can see he was wearing the poppy pin that the British Legion sell. I bought the same one. I paid more than the cost of the simple poppy as I wanted to make sure the British Legion got more money. What *is* wrong is suggesting that supporting the British Legion by buying one of their poppies is "disgusting".

So we now have "Poppy Fascists" now, do we? People going around measuring the size of your poppy and declaring you "disrespectful" if it does not measure up .. pathetic ..
l don't wear a poppy on a jacket or shirt as l wear wristbands with poppies on as that is what l prefer.
Old 12-11-2018, 14:42   #2172
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Maybe Corbyn should have lent Trump his raincoat. *Two birds, one stone.
Trump attended memorials over the weekend - no rule says he has to bloody attend them all. If he had have attended them all, the TDS sufferers would have had something else to complain about him.

* Wtf is this two birds one stone shit ?

It's posts like yours thinking a debate is a pissing up the wall contest, is exactly why threads like this one, should be closed!!!
Old 12-11-2018, 14:42   #2173
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I think you can make comparisons with them, especially the tendency to label all opposition as fake news, but I think comparing not turning up with wearing a raincoat with a Poppy of insufficient size is not quite the same.
Sometimes you just have to acknowledge the weakness of a politician you might otherwise generally support. Trying to say an attendee is worse than a non-attendee defies common sense.
Old 12-11-2018, 14:45   #2174
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Have you seen what you type ?

Fascists go around abusing democracy, going on parades, trying to stop a legitimate democratic result!!!

As for the size of ones poppy - Compared to Theresa May's Poppy, Corbyn's was pathetic, along with his apparent, Tesco value anorak!!!
Old 12-11-2018, 14:49   #2175
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Trump attended memorials over the weekend - no rule says he has to bloody attend them all. If he had have attended them all, the TDS sufferers would have had something else to complain about him.

* Wtf is this two birds one stone shit ?
Two birds, one stone = solving two problems/tasks with one move. Trump could have avoided the rain and Corbyn wouldn't be wearing the raincoat.

Quote:
It's posts like yours thinking a debate is a pissing up the wall contest, is exactly why threads like this one, should be closed!!!
I don't actually care if Trump attends a remembrance service, I don't think it's especially surprising. I was just responding to your post about Corbyn wearing a raincoat and having too small a Poppy.

Anyway 2020 is starting to kick-off: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...didates-955261

Last edited by Damien; 12-11-2018 at 14:52.
Closed Thread