Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Films to see in 2018

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Films to see in 2018

Old 27-09-2018, 19:30   #181
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Films to see in 2018

my bad, I knew that but as soon as I saw the trailer had been released I thought "ooooo... November". I don't know why. I know it says February at the end of the trailer but I didn't know. I posted the link from my phone while I was at work but I couldn't watch it at the time. I have just seen it and I think it looks great. I love quality back stories to the characters we know and love and I think it is great that they have been able to get everyone else back actor wise for this as well as introduce more characters.

Can't wait.

Last edited by General Maximus; 27-09-2018 at 19:35.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2018, 20:05   #182
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Defo a teaser and not a trailer but it has got me excited (and yes I know it isn't coming out till next year):

Old 20-10-2018, 18:32   #183
General Maximus
Ran Away

Looks like a Cube type remake but still worth a watch given how much CGI has moved on:

Old 20-10-2018, 18:52   #184
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Good I liked the cube movies
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 20:25   #185
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Defo a teaser and not a trailer but it has got me excited (and yes I know it isn't coming out till next year):

Lets hope it is done well.
Old 15-11-2018, 17:18   #186
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 26-11-2018, 19:50   #187
General Maximus
Ran Away

looks absolutely flipping fantastic and I can't wait to hear all the music and songs again

Old 26-11-2018, 20:17   #188
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I was blown away by that teaser.

I thinks it's time for a Films to see in 2019 thread lol.
Old 26-11-2018, 20:29   #189
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yup, Paul beat me to it last year. I think i have got my list 90% done. I just need to run through next years releases and make sure i havent missed anything.
Old 28-11-2018, 22:05   #190
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Anybody have thoughts on Aquaman which is released in a couple of weeks.
Old 28-11-2018, 22:13   #191
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am not enthused
Old 28-11-2018, 22:17   #192
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I am not enthused
Why General?.
Old 28-11-2018, 22:48   #193
General Maximus
Ran Away

The cgi looks cack and completely like the old 60s tv series where the actors would pretend to be freezing cold and they put snow coming down in front of the camera lense. I dont know whether it is the same company that did Lustice League but it just doesnt look right; it is too shiny and polished. I dont know how to explain it technicalky but the marvel stuff, especially Infinity War, looks more grounded and the colour tones match. For me when you watch DC stuff the cgi stands out like a sore like watching a 90s tv series where they tried but you knew it just wasnt real. If i cant believe it is real and immerse myself in it, it hits my "realism" radar and spoils the film for me.

This was always going to annoy me anyway because even if it is the best film ever it still should have been made before Justice League.
Old 28-11-2018, 23:14   #194
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think it looks pretty good and I guess lots of underwater action is hard to do in a realistic way.
Old 30-11-2018, 07:23   #195
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
The cgi looks cack and completely like the old 60s tv series where the actors would pretend to be freezing cold and they put snow coming down in front of the camera lense. I dont know whether it is the same company that did Lustice League but it just doesnt look right; it is too shiny and polished. I dont know how to explain it technicalky but the marvel stuff, especially Infinity War, looks more grounded and the colour tones match. For me when you watch DC stuff the cgi stands out like a sore like watching a 90s tv series where they tried but you knew it just wasnt real. If i cant believe it is real and immerse myself in it, it hits my "realism" radar and spoils the film for me.

This was always going to annoy me anyway because even if it is the best film ever it still should have been made before Justice League.
Thanks for your review General as your analysis is interesting.