Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2015, 15:04   #1801
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Netflix CEO tells subscribers to brace for higher-priced plans in the future

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...r-priced-plans

Hmm, doesn't sound quite as dramatic as the Grauniad headline, when you actually listen to Reed Hastings talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDYOhoreOKk#t=2695
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2015, 21:27   #1802
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

How else are they going to pay for Top Gear Mk.2
Old 17-07-2015, 10:54   #1803
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I decided not to buy the Fire stick that is on offer for £19 today only, as i would have needed to signup to Amazon Prime at £79 a year which i didn't want!

I actually did signup and then cancelled it in 10mins for a full refund as they don't currently do the free months trial anymore, at some point i will just grab the stick at full price.
I got a stick. Natalie has amazon prime and I have netflix so it seemed like a good combination.

It didn't take too long to set up and it's not bad.
Old 17-07-2015, 12:51   #1804
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

I think it was inevitable that the Netflix price would increase, Den, and it's the price we have to pay for increased and better quality content.

I hope that they have a tiered approach to higher pricing though, so that those who would be satisfied by existing content don't have to pay much more, and those who want more and better material have to pay the increased prices that they are looking towards implementing.

It would be a mistake, in my opinion, to put Netflix into a position where its content was completely out of reach to less well off households.
Old 17-07-2015, 13:01   #1805
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I got a stick. Natalie has amazon prime and I have netflix so it seemed like a good combination.

It didn't take too long to set up and it's not bad.
Indeed, between those you get a good mix of content.

My TV upstairs has both built in and my PC is connected to my main Tv downstairs so no need for any sticks etc but they are really as close to plug and play as you can get nowadays.
Old 17-07-2015, 13:07   #1806
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think it was inevitable that the Netflix price would increase, Den, and it's the price we have to pay for increased and better quality content.

I hope that they have a tiered approach to higher pricing though, so that those who would be satisfied by existing content don't have to pay much more, and those who want more and better material have to pay the increased prices that they are looking towards implementing.

It would be a mistake, in my opinion, to put Netflix into a position where its content was completely out of reach to less well off households.

Why don't you listen to the head honco from the link I posted. A much better way to find out what they are actually thinking.
Old 17-07-2015, 14:36   #1807
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

higher priced packages for hd and super hd content?? i'm a dinosaur who doesnt even mind SD quality...i usually forget about putting the hd version on
Old 17-07-2015, 14:56   #1808
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
Indeed, between those you get a good mix of content.

My TV upstairs has both built in and my PC is connected to my main Tv downstairs so no need for any sticks etc but they are really as close to plug and play as you can get nowadays.
There is an advantage of the stick over the PC as on a PC, Amazon is limited to 720p, and unless you are using Windows 8, Netflix is also limited to 720p via a PC. At yesterday's £19 price, a stick would have been worth it IMHO.
Old 17-07-2015, 15:21   #1809
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
There is an advantage of the stick over the PC as on a PC, Amazon is limited to 720p, and unless you are using Windows 8, Netflix is also limited to 720p via a PC. At yesterday's £19 price, a stick would have been worth it IMHO.
Now you tell me.

Using Netflix on W10 but didn't know bout the Amazon situation. D'oh.
Old 17-07-2015, 15:30   #1810
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Also advantage with streaming boxes over windows pc no unsecure flash player needed or clunky silverlight.
I have both a ROKU1 and firetv box but still have my pc connected to my tv, the pc is for most on demand stuff as i use USA services i use adblock+ to block the adverts,for uk services all4 and itv player don't allow adblock to be used but demand 5 is ok with it,for the roku1 and firetv box are used for netflix and nowtv.
I do have plusnet tv but that is mostly for syfy and discovery there is no ariel connected to my tv or youview box.
Old 18-07-2015, 11:50   #1811
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Did the free Netflix on xl rumours die by the way? After that survey from virgin media went out nothing else was heard about it...
Old 18-07-2015, 12:55   #1812
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Did the free Netflix on xl rumours die by the way? After that survey from virgin media went out nothing else was heard about it...

Don't you get it? VM spend most of their money subsidising Premium sport.
Old 19-07-2015, 22:15   #1813
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Now TV

New HBO original series 'Ballers' coming later in the year to Sky Atlantic executive producer Stephen Levinson (Entourage , Boardwalk Empire , Lone Survivor) starring Dwayne Johnson.

Trailer
https://youtu.be/15lfITfxMDI
Old 19-07-2015, 22:37   #1814
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Now TV

New HBO original series 'Ballers' coming later in the year to Sky Atlantic executive producer Stephen Levinson (Entourage , Boardwalk Empire , Lone Survivor) starring Dwayne Johnson.

Trailer
https://youtu.be/15lfITfxMDI
Trust me the trailer makes it look much better than it is, it's watchable but nothing to get excited about.
Glad to see it will get a UK airing though.
Old 19-07-2015, 22:50   #1815
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Not a massive lover of Dwayne Johnson's acting but I always like to give new series 3 or 4 episodes especially HBO ones.
Closed Thread