Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 30-01-2021, 16:07   #601
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

I made a call to retentions earlier - unfortunately, based upon my experience, they won't offer existing customers the current £79/month offer for new customers.

Initially all he offered was ultimate oomph with 2 v6 boxes converted to 360 (i can make do without one) for £105. After a push he said could throw in 1gbps internet (instead of 600mbps) and amazon prime video for 12 months.

Obviously i already have prime so the latter doesn't help much.

After saying I would leave anyhow, he said he would call me on Monday again when agent discretion is allowed for the new month - could probably take £10 off per month more.
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2021, 17:31   #602
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

just for info, we pay £96 for the normal ultimate oomph package. didnt need to haggle as im not in the mood for that, so just took it as it was still less than our old package.

360 box downstairs seems to lose the wifi and never get it back, happened twice today. good signal downstairs so its not that. needs a reboot to fix.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 21:49   #603
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
£120 a month, I have 2 V6 boxes, 200gb BB, single phone line. Full Sky/BT package. The latest price hike will push my payment to exactly £140 per month. Definitely not on the Ultimate Oomph package.

I just wish I could get the Sports without all the film channels which we never use.

Time to make that phone call again methinks.
You're being robbed mate.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 13:58   #604
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It isn't really being robbed - he is paying it without complaint.

A 'phone call at anytime would have likely reduced it be at least 20%.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 15:44   #605
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It isn't really being robbed - he is paying it without complaint.

A 'phone call at anytime would have likely reduced it be at least 20%.

It's just a saying.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 16:21   #606
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I know - it is just a lot of people complain about paying too much - but have never called to see why?

Same in every area of business - not just tv/broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
It's just a saying.
Old 31-01-2021, 16:55   #607
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I know - it is just a lot of people complain about paying too much - but have never called to see why?

Same in every area of business - not just tv/broadband.
I've never known anything like tv/broadband where the prices are so flexible. Many don't realise you can 'haggle', or there is such a thing as being in/out of contract. Haggling isn't British and we don't like doing it, this is taken advantage of. Dread to think what my bill would be after 25 years if I'd never queried it.

Things like gas/electric the prices are transparent and switching easy. BB/tv less so. There isn't true competition, Sky and VM have a duopoly.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 17:30   #608
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I have been with VM for well over 20 years and have spoken to retentions at least twice to my benefit in that time.

As I said, another call is due.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 18:31   #609
ozsat
cf.mega poster

With Sky/VM - you can fight the two off against each other.

Many are stuck with Sky though with no other choice for tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I've never known anything like tv/broadband where the prices are so flexible. Many don't realise you can 'haggle', or there is such a thing as being in/out of contract. Haggling isn't British and we don't like doing it, this is taken advantage of. Dread to think what my bill would be after 25 years if I'd never queried it.

Things like gas/electric the prices are transparent and switching easy. BB/tv less so. There isn't true competition, Sky and VM have a duopoly.
Old 31-01-2021, 18:37   #610
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
I have been with VM for well over 20 years and have spoken to retentions at least twice to my benefit in that time.

As I said, another call is due.
Unfortunately you need to ring every year to stop the price spiralling. It probably works out as a good business plan as apathy rules with a lot of folk and they don't bother.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 20:00   #611
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

I cant work out if you can pad individual series links over 30 mins. you can pad individual recordings for up to 3 hours, the the default settings for series is maxed at 30.

which is a pain compared to the old box, the chase never over runs, but the darts has a habit of doing it. so I would just set the series link for darts to add on few hours but leave the rest at a few minutes padding.

edit: it actually does appear to keep the padding for the series link if you set when you first press record, so thats handy

Last edited by awesometeeth; 31-01-2021 at 20:42.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:02   #612
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I have received a software update this morning which now allows you to record series from this episode onwards or all episodes meaning duplicate recordings are less likely.

Also you can keep at most either the last 3,10,25 or all episodes.

A very welcome update.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:33   #613
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I have received a software update this morning which now allows you to record series from this episode onwards or all episodes meaning duplicate recordings are less likely.

Also you can keep at most either the last 3,10,25 or all episodes.

A very welcome update.
It is indeed, and one less reason to avoid the 360.

I will look at it again when the bookmarking system is provided.

Thanks for the update, Steve. Hopefully, the missing streamers/players will appear soon.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:37   #614
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is indeed, and one less reason to avoid the 360.

Thanks for the update, Steve. Hopefully, the missing streamers/players will appear soon.

I was a bit dubious after reading so many negative reviews and chats about it.

But overall our household is delighted with it.

It’s a lot fresher than the old V6 system and works very well.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:00   #615
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What addition to the current Watchlist function are you looking for?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote