Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 10-12-2020, 11:24   #376
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

I'm not disagreeing there that the Multi-Room page is confusing around the coax requirement. Doesn't change the fact that all 360 boxes need a coax connection.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:32   #377
MattGarner
cf.member

MattGarner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm not disagreeing there that the Multi-Room page is confusing around the coax requirement. Doesn't change the fact that all 360 boxes need a coax connection.
Hopefully they will update it at some point when they realise. I appreciate your replies though and for clearing up the confusion.
MattGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 21:19   #378
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Pricing is the same as today it has been since the Summer for additional boxes. You will get a manned install for any 360 mini boxes if you need it. Covid-19 secure rules allowing.

And although some of the box features may work over the home network rather than a coax connection, Virgin Media won't supply it without a full install. A box not connected to coax throws up all sorts of errors in diagnostics and I'm honestly not sure how the 360 platform deals with it from a customer perspective. It's not a planned scenario.
How much would it cost to have a second box installed at the same time as time as the main TV360 for existing customers? Does it matter if the new software is installed OTA onto a V6 and wouldn't normally require an engineer visit?

Am I right to assume that the main & secondary box are included in the installation and subscription costs for new customers?

Thanks.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 21:33   #379
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

www.virginmedia.com/shop

Quote:
Virgin TV:

New customers: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any additional box.

Existing customers adding TV: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any additional box.
The £10 is for the first additional box, not the main box.

The only bundle where an additional box is included in the quoted bundle cost is the Ultimate Oomph. That's the same for new and existing customers.

Last edited by BenMcr; 10-12-2020 at 21:39.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:38   #380
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
www.virginmedia.com/shop

The £10 is for the first additional box, not the main box.

The only bundle where an additional box is included in the quoted bundle cost is the Ultimate Oomph. That's the same for new and existing customers.
I had thought that the first extra TV360 box was free on every package, thanks for explaining

Some of those on the trial were told that there wouldn't be any price increase, but their bills subsequently went up by £10, which ties in with what you've said.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 11-12-2020 at 03:47.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 19:06   #381
Stephen007007007
cf.member

Stephen007007007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi does anybody know when the horizon box come out in Nottingham
Regards stephen
Stephen007007007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 19:35   #382
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen007007007 View Post
Regards stephen

Horizon box?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 19:49   #383
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen007007007 View Post
Regards stephen
It’s available now to new customers and existing customers upgrading to the ultimate Oomph.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 20:43   #384
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 00:55   #385
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

do we know what the cost for the ultimate oomph is for existing customers? I did renew just recently but am thinking about the upgrade if its not too much, but I have spent so long on hold this week i have given up.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 00:59   #386
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
do we know what the cost for the ultimate oomph is for existing customers? I did renew just recently but am thinking about the upgrade if its not too much, but I have spent so long on hold this week i have given up.
I'm pretty sure it tells you on the website the cost of each package.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:12   #387
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Well, there's the RRP and the roulette wheel of retentions.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:16   #388
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

Isn't it typical of VM considering I've been with them and their predecessors for 20+ I have no offers for this. But a new customer can get it for same price has I am paying for my V6.
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:25   #389
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
not for existing customers.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:47   #390
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
I upgraded a month ago via the web chat. they did it for £85 a month. I was only 4 months into an 18 month contract too.

Week or so later I was invited to the current V6 software upgrade to TV360 trial.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote