Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 06-09-2020, 16:24   #76
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The page is now back, the date is now today's.

Also ex-a516digital has said Freeview have said BBC4 is moving to Channel 55 on September 17th.

So it is to move prior to the bigger move.
Well September 17th is an launch date for the "new look" Sky Arts to launch on Freeview.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2020, 12:38   #77
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I reckon if Sky Arts hadn't been going FTA on that day the BBC4 temporary move to Ch55 would have happened this week. Changes happening at the same time seems like a preferred strategy for broadcasters.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 16:41   #78
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I reckon if Sky Arts hadn't been going FTA on that day the BBC4 temporary move to Ch55 would have happened this week. Changes happening at the same time seems like a preferred strategy for broadcasters.
Together TV is moving also but it will still in the 80s (I forgot the channel number seen it after midnight days ago).

Source: Together TV
Old 13-09-2020, 17:08   #79
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Together TV is moving also but it will still in the 80s (I forgot the channel number seen it after midnight days ago).

Source: Together TV
Only 87 looks free in the 80s and since it's on 88 already I can't see them bothering for one place. Something further down vacating their number maybe?
Old 13-09-2020, 17:13   #80
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Only 87 looks free in the 80s and since it's on 88 already I can't see them bothering for one place. Something further down vacating their number maybe?
I think it was channel 87 but I am not 100% on that.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I see that Xpanded TV is now broadcasting on Freeview via COM5 from Midnight everynight (Was 3am).

No idea where the extra three hours are coming from.
Just found out this past week where Xpanded TV new hours are coming from - Together TV is now 3am - midnight.
Old 13-09-2020, 22:25   #81
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

My Freeview EPG has confirmed that Merit will be axe by Sky on Wednesday Night to make way for Pick to use Freeview Channel 34.

The Following channels are Free right now on Freeview

68. (After Thursday)

NOTE: The following may not happen until November 4th (Just my own view so may not happen)

Smithsonian Channel may get Channel 56 to be beside 5Select.
ITV may then get channel 57 and move ITVBe +1 up to Channel 59.
CBS may get Channel 68 for Horror Channel (Beside CBS Drama).
Discovery may get Channel 69 and Channel 70 for QUEST +1 and Quest Red +1
A&E may get channels 71 and 72 for Blaze +1 and TCC.
Channel 4 may get Channel 76 for More4 +1
Clubland TV may move to Channel 77.
Now may move NOW 80s and Now 90s to Channels 82 and 83.
Hochanda may move to Channel 84
Ideal World may get Channels 85 and 86 for Ideal Extra and Create + Craft.
Together TV to get Channels 87 and 88 for Together TV and Together TV +1
TV Warehouse moves to Channel 89
PBS may get channels 90 and 91 for PBS America and PBS America +1
Forces TV may move to Channel 92
Country Music Entertainment may move to Channel 93

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 13-09-2020 at 22:29.
Old 14-09-2020, 11:09   #82
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I had been thinking Merit might stick around for a month or two to give the pretence that it wasn't just for the number swap to the rule-makers, or because there are minimum contract lengths. But I see the "Programmes are no longer available" message on the EPG.

Ah well, guess Sky have no reason to temporarily reuse their vacated Pick+1 LCN which will expire after the 3 months is up. Unless there is a minimum contract for the 3 hours a night sublet of Together+1 space.

A&E have shown no indication of using Blaze+1 and TCC for anything except retaining the LCN, LCNs that aren't exactly attractively prominent, so it's just a waste of their money.

There isn't really any point in the rest moving up one space, it just annoys viewers. Some are already annoyed about the large numbers of channels on the lower numbers moving up for BBC4 in Scotland, and that hasn't even happened yet.

(They really should've moved them by two, just in case BBC3 returns as rumoured. If it doesn't the extra space harms no-one.)

Having said that, I do think Horror Channel and PBS America+1 will move up one, particularly the latter as it's only available to those with HD tuners and HD Freeview equipment has automatic retune capabilities, so (in theory) annoys people less.
Old 15-09-2020, 16:02   #83
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

The Freeview Accessible TV Guide has appeared as a hidden service on PSB2/D3&4. It is due to appear on Ch555 when it launches.

If you aren't familiar with it see the embedded tweet by clicking the following link, as the tweet has a photo of the Coming Soon screen which describes what it will do.

https://twitter.com/superwonderstar/...​​

Thanks to @ukdtt and @superwonderstar on Twitter for the heads-up.
Old 15-09-2020, 19:17   #84
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
The Freeview Accessible TV Guide has appeared as a hidden service on PSB2/D3&4. It is due to appear on Ch555 when it launches.

If you aren't familiar with it see the embedded tweet by clicking the following link, as the tweet has a photo of the Coming Soon screen which describes what it will do.

https://twitter.com/superwonderstar/...​​

Thanks to @ukdtt and @superwonderstar on Twitter for the heads-up.
I'm being told that the" page does not exist" when I use your link cheekyangus.
Old 15-09-2020, 19:25   #85
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Same for me. I'll try again.
https://twitter.com/superwonderstar/...33039260463104
This one works. Phew.

Sorry about that.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 15-09-2020 at 19:26. Reason: Checked link.
Old 15-09-2020, 21:42   #86
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

No problem c.angus.
Old 17-09-2020, 11:25   #87
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Aside from Sky Arts moving to Channel 11 today, the following have been confirmed by Freeview. https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/17-s...hannel-updates

"Other channel changes and updates:
Pick will move from channel 11 to 34
BBC Four Scotland will move from channel 68 to 55
Together TV will move from channel 88 to 87
Together+1 will move from channel 89 to 88
Smithsonian will move channel from 57 to 56
Merit will cease broadcasting on Freeview
Pick+1 will cease broadcasting on Freeview"

Confirms the Together TV moves Media Boy saw mention of, and also his guess re: Smithsonian.
Old 17-09-2020, 16:13   #88
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Accessible TV Guide is now showing on 555 on the EPG.

I was expecting to see the Coming Soon slate I saw on Twitter the other days, but the TV I've looked on just now says "invalid service" when I go to 555.

The slate mentions Freeview Play, so it may be it doesn't show in non-Play branded devices.

The other Freeview changes mentioned in the previous post have happened here. At least the ones I'd normally receive on that particular TV.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

I've tried an even older Freeview device and it doesn't show the slate either, so I guess that confirms it as Freeview Play only. Hardly surprising as it sounded too complicated for old hardware to deliver an alternative EPG via a channel tune.

The description on the EPG says "An easy to read and navigate TV guide, helping viewers to find shows that have Subtitles, Sign Language or Audio Description - just connect you Freeview Play device to the internet to get started."
Old 29-09-2020, 16:53   #89
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Broadcast: No more Top of the Pops as BBC Four set to make way for BBC Three

Media Web Site is reporting that BBC Three is set to return as a linear TV channel.

Reports say it will broadcast after 7pm using space of BBC Four.

Note: This story first appeared online on September 28th but Media Boy HQ did not see it until time of this post.
Old 22-10-2020, 19:58   #90
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

​An on-screen message is saying Horror Channel is moving from 70 to 68 on 27th October.