Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 12:56   #8296
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
HBO MAX is a subscription channel in Sweden
The service is actually called HBO Nordic

https://en.hbonordic.com/

They also have a TNT branded channel there - https://www.tnt-tv.se/

Based on what has been said by Warnermedia as recently as yesterday by HBO Max’s head of global, it will be most likely rebranded to HBO Max in 2021.
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2020, 13:20   #8297
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Definitely reads more like PVOD than something in the subscription space. I’m sure all will be revealed soon!
We have one more week left before we break up at work so hopefully more info comes in before then, only did half day today as only thing we had today was what everyone already knows about sd SKY nature coming to vm.
Old 04-12-2020, 13:32   #8298
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
The service is actually called HBO Nordic

https://en.hbonordic.com/

They also have a TNT branded channel there - https://www.tnt-tv.se/

Based on what has been said by Warnermedia as recently as yesterday by HBO Max’s head of global, it will be most likely rebranded to HBO Max in 2021.
My mistake, it's called HBO Nordic
Old 04-12-2020, 20:11   #8299
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Sounds like all content .
£19.99 is the estimated price.

You watch now just to mput egg on my face i've prob mis-read the document and it'll be SKY Cinema airing WW84 next year, lol that'll just be my luck lol but here is a snippet of document.

"Agreement reached betweet BSKYB and Warner Brothers on December 2ND 2020 for WB content to be on SKY Box Office. Proposed cost is £19.99gbp own prices can be set under term 36"
Term 36 is way above my level.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

You're not missing much with SKY Atlantic at the moment honestly imo the only decent show on it in past year was Gangs of London that's only my opinion though others will ofcourse find much more content on it worth watching.

Thoroughly enjoyed 'The Undoing' missed it live apart from the last episode, so downloaded from catch-up.

First episode was a bit slow but after that it was good - glad we persevered.

As for paying £20pm for a streamer - forget it, absolutely no way!
Old 04-12-2020, 20:30   #8300
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I have to say one of the greatest streaming services out there is pluto tv. Some absolute TACK and rubbish quality tv on there
There's actually some good stuff on Pluto if you hunt for it
Old 05-12-2020, 12:13   #8301
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

I thought the whole idea of streaming was that you could watch what you want when you want?

So you should be able to start watching a football match, that kicked off at 2pm, at 3pm and watch from the beginning. I.E. Time shifting as you would do with a recording from a conventional channel.

However, you do not appear to be able to watch any of Amazon Primes live sport events after they have started. You have to wait until the full match replay becomes available the following day.

Is this progress - definitely not.
Old 05-12-2020, 13:23   #8302
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I thought the whole idea of streaming was that you could watch what you want when you want?

So you should be able to start watching a football match, that kicked off at 2pm, at 3pm and watch from the beginning. I.E. Time shifting as you would do with a recording from a conventional channel.

However, you do not appear to be able to watch any of Amazon Primes live sport events after they have started. You have to wait until the full match replay becomes available the following day.

There's are reasons why Amazon streaming/prime video is laughed at at the moment in the industry and what you just highlighted is on of the reasons.
The other which they are resolving is they mix paid content in with prime content often catching people out.

Last edited by Legendkiller2k; 05-12-2020 at 15:10.
Old 05-12-2020, 14:20   #8303
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Is that on Smart TV/V6? - I'm watching the Ireland v Scotland match on my PC (having gone through the Amazon Prime Video tab on the Amazon page), and I can go back for about 36 minutes so far (gets me back to the end of the Fiji v Georgia match, and the waffle between the games).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-12-2020, 17:29   #8304
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Is that on Smart TV/V6? - I'm watching the Ireland v Scotland match on my PC (having gone through the Amazon Prime Video tab on the Amazon page), and I can go back for about 36 minutes so far (gets me back to the end of the Fiji v Georgia match, and the waffle between the games).
No I am using a Roku box - haven't tried it today as I assumed it would be consistent.

Anyway, the method of viewing it shouldn't alter the experience. Either you can start watching it at any time or you cannot - end of💩

As for the things that are wrong with Amazon Prime - picture quality is the biggest beef IMO.
Old 06-12-2020, 14:07   #8305
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
No I am using a Roku box - haven't tried it today as I assumed it would be consistent.

Anyway, the method of viewing it shouldn't alter the experience. Either you can start watching it at any time or you cannot - end of��

As for the things that are wrong with Amazon Prime - picture quality is the biggest beef IMO.
Strangely enough, I’m watching England v France at the moment, and there are two different experiences..

On the VM V6 Amazon channel, I can only watch it live - on the Sony Smart TV Amazon Prime Video app, I can watch it live or watch it from beginning, with the ability ff/rewind what’s on.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 06-12-2020, 14:54   #8306
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Strangely enough, I’m watching England v France at the moment, and there are two different experiences..

On the VM V6 Amazon channel, I can only watch it live - on the Sony Smart TV Amazon Prime Video app, I can watch it live or watch it from beginning, with the ability ff/rewind what’s on.
Same is true between my Samsung TV and a 360 box.

So it looks like it's an active experience difference by Amazon as to the options available. Which due to how convoluted streaming rights are, may be down to the class of device.

Last edited by BenMcr; 06-12-2020 at 14:58.
Old 06-12-2020, 14:58   #8307
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Amazon have form for uneven deployment of features.

You can get a “free to me” menu option in some Prime Video deployments that allows you to weed out all the content that isn’t free with your prime subscription, whereas it’s missing on others. Netflix isn’t entirely consistent across platforms either, but in my experience it’s less of an issue.
Old 06-12-2020, 15:16   #8308
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Amazon have form for uneven deployment of features.

You can get a “free to me” menu option in some Prime Video deployments that allows you to weed out all the content that isn’t free with your prime subscription, whereas it’s missing on others. Netflix isn’t entirely consistent across platforms either, but in my experience it’s less of an issue.
Hulu is the same it tends to differ across different devices.
Old 06-12-2020, 18:26   #8309
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Anyone watched the excellent show called The Queen's Gambit, it's on Netflix.
Old 06-12-2020, 18:49   #8310
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Anyone watched the excellent show called The Queen's Gambit, it's on Netflix.
On my watchlist mate as i like Ana Joy Taylor a very good actress.