Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 17-08-2013, 20:14   #3556
tpick
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV (EX NTL/CW), Broadband 100mb, Virgin Home Phone, Sky Sports, V+ box & Tivo Box
tpick is on a distinguished roadtpick is on a distinguished road
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
yes pathetic it is.
i hate the numbers!
tpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2013, 20:15   #3557
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
I still prefer Sky-Sports by a long away, but BT-Sport is much better than I thought it would be.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

The "Numbers?"
the numbers at bottom of screen that they put up for security
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 20:18   #3558
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpick View Post
i hate the numbers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
They dont bother me as at top above logo so i dont notice them
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 20:21   #3559
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

The Numbers never left, they are there on the F1 Channel, and on the other sports channels. Not just football.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote:
They are always just above the |SKY|SPORTS|1HD| logo on my screen.
Old 17-08-2013, 20:46   #3560
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
The Numbers never left, they are there on the F1 Channel, and on the other sports channels. Not just football.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

They are always just above the |SKY|SPORTS|1HD| logo on my screen.
there on the bottom left on VM thought
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 20:57   #3561
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

Quote:
there on the bottom left on VM thought
Ohhhhhhhhh OK, I only have the XLtv pack on Virginmedia, have Skysports on SKY.
Old 17-08-2013, 21:54   #3562
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Is the number being broadcast on Sky 2 or Pick TV? I'm at work so obviously nowhere near a TV
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 22:11   #3563
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Numbers have just been in the bottom left of Ashes hd watching northhants cain surrey
martin201002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 22:44   #3564
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Was quite impressed with BT`s start to their football coverage. Only the logo and score at the bottom of the screen irratates me a bit. As for 2 games being on at the same time I have a handy device called sky+ which records 1 for me to watch later!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 23:00   #3565
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Was quite impressed with BT`s start to their football coverage. Only the logo and score at the bottom of the screen irratates me a bit. As for 2 games being on at the same time I have a handy device called sky+ which records 1 for me to watch later!
I can go one better than that!!!

I mentioned it not because I wanted to watch both matches but because I found it incredible that they could effectively compete with themselves.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
Is the number being broadcast on Sky 2 or Pick TV? I'm at work so obviously nowhere near a TV
No it wasn't.
Old 18-08-2013, 17:42   #3566
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

BT Sports viewing figures for the Liverpool game averaged 447k with a peak of 764k

Sky Sport's coverage of Swansea v Man U on Sky sports 1 and Pick TV got 1.70 million with a peak of 2.48m

Sky 2's coverage of the game averaged 401k with a peak of 649k

The combined viewing figures for sky's coverage were 2.10 million with a peak of 3.13 million

Elsewhere Match of the Day returned with strong figures from 10:30 last night with 3.84 million tuning in
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 18:46   #3567
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I just read this article and as I don't watch the sport channels I have not kept upto date on this thread and I am not sure whether this of interest so decided to post a link. Sorry if this has already been covered or is of no importance.

"Exclusive: BT & Virgin Media’s deal doesn’t cover digital-only content"

http://www.seenit.co.uk/exclusive-bt...ntent/0829851/
Old 19-08-2013, 18:49   #3568
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I just read this article and as I don't watch the sport channels I have not kept upto date on this thread and I am not sure whether this of interest so decided to post a link. Sorry if this has already been covered or is of no importance.

"Exclusive: BT & Virgin Media’s deal doesn’t cover digital-only content"

http://www.seenit.co.uk/exclusive-bt...ntent/0829851/
I seen it..on coming soon thread

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-page-126.html
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 18:55   #3569
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I seen it..on coming soon thread

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-page-126.html
Cheers Colin. Never though to check on there as it won't be 'coming soon'.

Oh well at least I tried.
Old 19-08-2013, 19:52   #3570
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice

Now that BT Sport has been with us for a few days my own personal view is the footy coverage is decent, pq on HD is superb but beyond the football the schedule is for the lack of a better word....Setanta.

They need to up their game beyond the EPL and SPFL matches IMHO.
Parlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote