Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 29-07-2013, 17:55   #2761
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Just rejoined VM took the XL pack with sky sports if BT Sport is included it will be a huge bonus if not SS will do for me but for the existing XL subscribers I hope its included
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2013, 18:57   #2762
tpick
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV (EX NTL/CW), Broadband 100mb, Virgin Home Phone, Sky Sports, V+ box & Tivo Box
tpick is on a distinguished roadtpick is on a distinguished road

QUOTE=denphone;35601093]Virgin Media is poised to close a deal to carry BT Sport’s three sports channels on its cable TV platform, making them available to a further 4m potential customers.

The two companies have been in negotiations for a number of months but both have been keen to strike a deal ahead of BT Sport’s launch on Thursday 1 August.

BT Sport has the rights to the Scottish Premier League, which begins its season on Friday 2 August,and wanted to have carriage on Virgin in time for its first TV game - Partick Thistle versus Dundee United - so as not to alienate football fans who are VM customers. The English Premier League season starts on August 17th.

One of the sticking points of negotiations has been whether Virgin will bundle the new channels in with its TV XL premium package - as was previously the case with ESPN - or whether it will charge for them as a standalone product.

It is not clear which route has been taken, but a Virgin Media spokesman said: We’re always looking bring the best possible value and choice of great quality content to our customers and we’re talking to BT about how we could potentially make the forthcoming BT Sport package available.”

Earlier this year, Virgin Media sent an online survey out to customers asking whether they would be willing to pay slightly more for their top package if it were to include Premier League football and Sky Atlantic, which could pave the way for this move.

BT Sport is being sold as a standalone channel on the Sky platform for £12 a month in SD and £15 a month in HD[/QUOTE]

I hope so but BT Sport on their Facebook are still sticking to the line that it will NOT be on Virgin Media!
tpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 19:07   #2763
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

They will continue to do that until the deal is announced officially.
Old 30-07-2013, 09:34   #2764
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

2 Days to go
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 10:11   #2765
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
2 Days to go
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 13:20   #2766
tpick
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV (EX NTL/CW), Broadband 100mb, Virgin Home Phone, Sky Sports, V+ box & Tivo Box
tpick is on a distinguished roadtpick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
The post that I believe n stokes posted on BT Sport facebook page appears to have been removed!

I wonder why...
tpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 13:22   #2767
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpick View Post
The post that I believe you posted on BT Sport facebook page appears to have been removed!

I wonder why...
What did it say?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 17:11   #2768
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

There was someone on this forum to say that there was a announcement to be made this morning - what was that thin air.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 17:14   #2769
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
There was someone on this forum to say that there was a announcement to be made this morning - what was that thin air.
Patience Arthur.
Old 30-07-2013, 17:15   #2770
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Could now be Thursday when Liberty Global announce their sales report
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 17:22   #2771
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Patience Arthur.
Nice!
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 17:23   #2772
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

I'm a newbie folks but hope you don't mind me shoving in my tuppence worth.
My young cousin works for VM in Uddingston,just outside of Glasgow.
I asked him to keep me in touch regarding BT coming onto VM,well there's good news and bad,the good news is that VM WILL do a deal with BT but not for a few weeks,possibly 2/3, the bad news is that they,VM,will be charging around £3.00 a month for having the sports available to us.
Tbh,I think this is a bit unfair as we were getting ESPN but I suppose needs are a must,I'll pay for it if I'm being honest.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 17:25   #2773
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Patience Arthur.
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 17:29   #2774
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Is that a picture of one of the VM call centre staff?
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 17:34   #2775
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
No, that was someone on this forum, not VM - or are you blaming VM for what people who don't work for VM post on this forum?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote