Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 04-02-2021, 17:31   #631
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtolemyIV View Post
Does anyone know if you have to pay extra monthly to keep a third v6 converted to a 360? (I know it requires a visit)

I only ask since my upgrade pack was supposed to arrive yesterday but of course virgin just sent the hub4 and forgot the new remotes.. I then phoned up and the guy initially kept saying I was only allowed one 360 and a mini - he eventually went away, came back and confirmed and then the IT system wouldnt let him order remotes for me! Still awaiting the promised callback...

Ohh and my £96.50 a month new contract suddenly led to an email saying my next bill will be £159 per month.
. I do love Virgin!
You need to get that sorted asap, that's extortionate.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2021, 19:55   #632
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

glad to see they are updating the series link stuff with the ability to change padding per series link once its been setup, very handy for the darts and other sports.

wonder if the wifi dropping issue has been fixed on the main box downstairs.

Im a big fan of this new software
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 20:21   #633
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtolemyIV View Post
Does anyone know if you have to pay extra monthly to keep a third v6 converted to a 360? (I know it requires a visit)

I only ask since my upgrade pack was supposed to arrive yesterday but of course virgin just sent the hub4 and forgot the new remotes.. I then phoned up and the guy initially kept saying I was only allowed one 360 and a mini - he eventually went away, came back and confirmed and then the IT system wouldnt let him order remotes for me! Still awaiting the promised callback...

Ohh and my £96.50 a month new contract suddenly led to an email saying my next bill will be £159 per month.. I do love Virgin!
If you originally had 3 V6 boxes and are moving to 360 then there shouldn't be an extra charge.

I had 3xV6 and now have 1x360 main plus 2x360 minis - my price hasn't changed.

If they don't send the remotes you should try calling and asking to be put through to the 360 team - they should be able to sort you out.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 20:31   #634
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I have 3 x V6 boxes, but not had any contact about the software update as yet.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 21:13   #635
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I have 3 x V6 boxes, but not had any contact about the software update as yet.
Same here.
Old 04-02-2021, 21:29   #636
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
If you originally had 3 V6 boxes and are moving to 360 then there shouldn't be an extra charge.

I had 3xV6 and now have 1x360 main plus 2x360 minis - my price hasn't changed.

If they don't send the remotes you should try calling and asking to be put through to the 360 team - they should be able to sort you out.
Sorry I wasnt clear - I was asking if there is still an extra monthly charge for a 3rd box or 2nd mini in your case (think it was £7 per month for the v6s)

Were you not able to upgrade the software on all your v6s even if requiring an engineer? i would have a strong preference to keep the extra storage even if it meant losing one of the v6s.

I lost 3 hours of my day going around in circles of insanity with every team imaginable at virgin today (customer services sent me to retentions who sent me to faults who sent me back to customer services each time requiring full security checks and 30mins waits). it turns out the guy that upgraded me never seems to have ordered the switch to 360 boxes and none of the teams seem to be able to technically do it for me or just order the darn remotes.. half the time they try to order me a replacement v6 remote (but strictly only one!!) and ALL of them including supervisors say there is no way I can technically upgrade the v6 software and keep my boxes.. (remember they disabled one already so i currently only have 2 v6s)

I finally asked to have the guy who did my contract call me - after the adviser taking no less than SIX attempts to get my phone number read out from screen correctly, I still havent heard a word since!!

completely at a loss as to what to do..

Ie they have to send me a 360 plus mini since it is different hardware

I am now at a complete loss as to what to do and would love to leave virgin right now :-)
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 23:27   #637
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

There is a normally charge for extra boxes. However, the deal I negotiated with Virgin (while still with V6s) waived the cost and I kept the same deal when moving to 360 (only my hardware changed - mine was swapped completely and wasn't a software change).

Try calling Virgin early on and speak to retentions (thinking of leaving - options 1-4-4 on the phone IIRC) and ask to be connected to the 360 team. That's the route I've followed with 360 issues and it's usually been reltively painless
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 23:50   #638
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks will try that - made the mistake of even trying the hub 4 with its magical auto activate.. nope, flashes white for a while and then solid red (tried rebooting/resetting etc and of course phone lines shut)

not impressed
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 14:33   #639
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

When I first updated to TV360 on my 2 V6 boxes the main box in the lounge had a minor problem with the indicator light not showing at times. This seemed to rectify itself and has worked perfectly for many weeks now, White light when on, blue when in standby a yellow when rebooting.

Since the 4.29 update a couple of days ago it is happening again. Our second box has never had this problem and is working fine but the indicator light on our main box has gone off completely once again even though the box itself appears to be working OK.

If I reboot the box I get the yellow light, then the white light once it has rebooted fully. If I then put it in standby the light goes blue. When I next power the box up it comes on but the indicator light goes out and then stays out at all times, fully on or on standby?
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 20:04   #640
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
When I first updated to TV360 on my 2 V6 boxes the main box in the lounge had a minor problem with the indicator light not showing at times. This seemed to rectify itself and has worked perfectly for many weeks now, White light when on, blue when in standby a yellow when rebooting.

Since the 4.29 update a couple of days ago it is happening again. Our second box has never had this problem and is working fine but the indicator light on our main box has gone off completely once again even though the box itself appears to be working OK.

If I reboot the box I get the yellow light, then the white light once it has rebooted fully. If I then put it in standby the light goes blue. When I next power the box up it comes on but the indicator light goes out and then stays out at all times, fully on or on standby?
Clearly, VM needs to fix that, but it would not be an issue for me. It's just lights!
Old 06-02-2021, 20:41   #641
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Clearly, VM needs to fix that, but it would not be an issue for me. It's just lights!
It’s not a major issue for me either, will possibly correct itself like it did last time, just reporting it that’s all.
Old 06-02-2021, 21:05   #642
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
It’s not a major issue for me either, will possibly correct itself like it did last time, just reporting it that’s all.
I know, I wasn’t criticising you by any means - it’s just one of those things that VM need to put right if they are to be regarded as a professional outfit.
Old 07-02-2021, 15:37   #643
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

I think I have sorted my indicator light problem.

Rebooted the main box in the lounge a couple of times but indicator light still went off completely. However on the last reboot I got an onscreen warning of poor ethernet connection. We live in a bungalow and the Hub3 is in one of the bedrooms. The V6 boxes are in the lounge and another bedroom. The main TV box in the lounge is/was connected to the hub via a VM supplied Netgear Powerline adaptor. I double checked all the cables and had 3 good lights on both plug in adapters.

I disconnected the ethernet cable from the main box, went into diagnostics settings and reset the box to the WiFi signal and the indicator light fault has cleared.

It would appear that the wifi connection is better than the powerline ethernet one.

Last edited by iadom; 07-02-2021 at 15:41.
Old 07-02-2021, 17:12   #644
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

So are they doing over the air upgrades for the V6 now and sending the new remotes?
Old 07-02-2021, 18:59   #645
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

What does fast forward look like . Ie as tivo or more like netflix ,itv hub and sky go ?